• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Burning Blood demo available now for PS4 and X1 + New Trailer

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
http://www.onepiece-game.com/en/play-the-demo-and-watch-our-new-trailer/

The demo for One Piece Burning Blood is out today! Download it now on your PS4 or Xbox One to get a taste Offline VS mode combat. Four characters are available in the demo — Ace, Luffy (2 years later), Franky, and Aokiji — and one stage, Dressrosa Corrida Colosseum. This mix of fighters will give you a taste of many aspects of gameplay: Logia powers, giant transformations, Haki abilities and more. You’ll have to wait for the full game to play with the other characters, stages, and support characters!

That’s not all — check out our new trailer, showcasing Pirate Flag Battle Mode. Join a pirate crew and fight online against other teams to conquer as many islands as possible. Fight your way to the top and become the next conqueror of the sea!

Trailer

Downloading it now.

BedBison

Neo Member
Glad this got a demo, I've been on the fence about it for a while now. Might be one of the few games where reviews sway me to buy it or not.

This definitely isn't a fighter. Its a big fan service which is fine too. It stays true to the characters hell kuma has a slow build up move where if he gets you that's it that character is gone "pop"

Dugna

got marineford edition preorderd so hoping that GS doesn't cancel it, demo is solid though and gives a ok idea of how the game will work.

Sn4ke_911

Just played a few rounds, it's pretty cool, there aren't many moves (or maybe you can unlock more later?) but with a big character roster i can see this being a lot of fun for a drunk night with friends since two of them are huge OP fans.

Glad this got a demo, I've been on the fence about it for a while now. Might be one of the few games where reviews sway me to buy it or not.
This could be one of those anime games where you'll get the most enjoyment if your a fan of the series. We barely get any One Piece games so I'm hoping it's at least serviceable.
Nice.

xviper

i regret downloading it, horrible gameplay, the last good one piece game was unlimited cruise on Wii

jbug617

Banned
Xbox Controls
9XPnFHN.jpg

Versus Screen
Gebp9Ei.jpg

Yeah, when I played the Japanese Demo I was surprised I could keep doing special moves with no limit. I remember beating Franky by spamming Ace's Fire Gun.

So, in other words, it's business as usual for a Spike Chunsoft game.

This along with what's likely going to be a fucking awful localization has me wanting to skip. Not after J-Stars.

The Luffy pre-order characters that are in the trailer look pretty awesome, so I'm kind of upset that the Swedish retailers only seem to be getting the steelbook and not the DLC codes.

Namikaze

So, in other words, it's business as usual for a Spike Chunsoft game.

This along with what's likely going to be a fucking awful localization has me wanting to skip. Not after J-Stars.

I'm pretty sure this game was made by the same team that did J Stars. I can wait for several price drops but I at least want to try the demo once.

Sn4ke_911

I've imported the game and played it for about two weeks.
The only really broken aspect that needs to be patched is the support system (and Sanji vs female characters smh.)
Hancock player is exploiting the supports to buff their attack power.
That Enel spam wouldn't be very effective online.

How would you rate the game? is it worth a buy?

Sn4ke_911

You a fan most definitely! Looking for a serious fighter no? Its really fun tho. Alil unbalanced here and there as well.

The haki logia system stays true to the series and adds layer to the combat.

Ah thanks but i guess i'll wait for a price drop.

How would you rate the game? is it worth a buy?

If you're a fan of One Piece, it's worth a buy.

If you're a fan of semi-competitive, unique 3D fighting games, then it's worth a buy.

If you're looking for a hardcore fighting game that you can parade at EVO-esque events, it's not this game.

Almost every character plays differently, so you'll have to spend a decent amount of time learning how to best utilitze them. Some work better as set-up characters, some work better as backup for the heavy hitters.
It has a surprising amount of depth and layers thanks to the tag-team playstyle, logia abilities, and technical combat, but it lacks in a few areas.

Samemind

A tip that might not be obvious if you don't go digging through the movelist, every character has some sort of mobility option by pressing the jump button while holding the Haki/Logia/whatever button. Most of them are to quickly close the distance with the opponent, some of them are a bit more unique.

brawly

Tried the demo. It looks ace but I can't be arsed to play a One Piece Ultimate Ninja Storm. Make an open world game with these graphics and I'll buy it.

If you're a fan of One Piece, it's worth a buy.

If you're a fan of semi-competitive, unique 3D fighting games, then it's worth a buy.

If you're looking for a hardcore fighting game that you can parade at EVO-esque events, it's not this game.

Almost every character plays differently, so you'll have to spend a decent amount of time learning how to best utilitze them. Some work better as set-up characters, some work better as backup for the heavy hitters.
It has a surprising amount of depth and layers thanks to the tag-team playstyle, logia abilities, and technical combat, but it lacks in a few areas.
Does the story mode only cover Marineford and Dressrosa?

Top Bottom