• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Jimbe helped Luffy to process the death of his brother and put him back on track, everybody calling him lame can shut up and leave this thread

giphy.gif

The current plan the Straw Hats are putting together was only possible due to Brulee. And they only had access to Brulee because Carrot defeated her. So anyone shitting on Carrot can be shown the door.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We already have Nami, Robin and Usopp as the straight men. Do we really need a fourth?

Robin despite being a serious person is an awful straight to bounce off of because she either dismisses outlandlish ideas or goes right along with them.

Nami is a bit better and acts more like a normal person until it involves money.

Usopp is a step better but is usually either involved with the gag if it is silly or has a reaction so over the top it becomes a side act.

Jimbe is like Super Nintendo Chalmers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Coby and Luffy are friends on opposing sides, something they recognized from day one.

Kind of like a softer version of Roger and Garp.

As I re-read One Piece, with every arc I finish I get more and more disappointed with the current one. An arc revolving around one of the most important characters in the series -- a Yonku -- and it feels like a discount Thriller Bark

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Real talk: Redeemed Helmeppo being a legit badass is one of my favorite things in the entire series.

latest

He needs to meet his dad again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
As I re-read One Piece, with every arc I finish I get more and more disappointed with the current one. An arc revolving around one of the most important characters in the series -- a Yonku -- and it feels like a discount Thriller Bark
Big Mom is clearly modeled after the queen of hearts from alice in wonderland. Not everyone has to be a slumlord (doffy) or an unstoppable force / immovable object (kaido, WB), or a scheming son of a bitch (Blackbeard).

The thing I like most about Big mom is how eccentric she is. She's cunning and well connected but also absolutely nucking futs and almost unapproachable. Ask her about a picture she gets all up in your face. She Rampages like a wild boar at random fits of hunger. She takes brook to bed with her like a stuffed animal and breaks down crying like a child when she thinks he died.

I don't understand her one bit. I CAN'T understand her one bit. She's that unconventional in her powers, worldview, moral compass, values, temperament, and overall demeanor.

And I love it.

SolVanderlyn

Damn Pudding avatars make you all look the same.

Edit: Wow, GAF is glitching hard today. Ray definitely posted before me.

She's spent nearly her entire life with people who know Fishman Karate. Both with the Sun Pirates and later with the Revolutionaries
Yea but I always assumed fishman karate would be something exclusive to fishman how could a human utilize the water in the air without some form of devil fruit

caliph95

Fishman karate itself makes no sense so i can accept humans can learn they just weren't opportunities due to racism and segregation and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom