• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MANUELF

Banned
I wouldn't recommend Baccarat for the cotton candy island. Takes way too long and I'm not sure if you can even beat the highest difficulty with her. Baccarat is nice for the rate-this-app mission for the chance of extra tomes.

Yeah because she is too slow and is an limited time event, she excels at the no timed ones

Majukun

after 650+ days of playing,i got my first "first try drop" of th game,and it was magellan!

too bad that i don't really have anything to farm for at the moment,so i was ok with wasting a bit of stamina on him

RalchAC

I wouldn't recommend Baccarat for the cotton candy island. Takes way too long and I'm not sure if you can even beat the highest difficulty with her. Baccarat is nice for the rate-this-app mission for the chance of extra tomes.

She should be good too for evolver Islands too.

Basically easy content. Haruta should be quite an upgrade even if he only boosts ATK by 1.75.

Maybe you can do some creative team composition using Baccarat and some good subs to beat Mihawk.

MANUELF

Banned
after 650+ days of playing,i got my first "first try drop" of th game,and it was magellan!

too bad that i don't really have anything to farm for at the moment,so i was ok with wasting a bit of stamina on him

You were quite lucky, many consider him the best story unit since CP9 Rob Lucci

bobohoro

Woke up to 20 gems and some nice QOL improvements.
Very good.

Just need a couple more Alvida books today and then will probably try for a few 3D2Y Luffy/Nami books.

Not quite sure what to farm for come tomorrow. Will get a copy of Baccarat first, but the rest of that farming could wait for a week. Don't want/need Buggy. How essential are Kalifa/Pauli? I do have RR Kumadori as an alternative orb locker and his SBs are coming up soon, also got Law/Apoo and I don't need any other SBs in Kalifa's FN.

Might just start farming Baccarat for Gladius books already and advance the story on the side.

Kyou

I'm honestly not sure how important Kalifa is to get anymore. She used to be huge in the meta but I don't see her much these days

Adeptrain

Two snail stamina refills hunting croc and no luck today... Sigh. Are there any really good characters on impel down? I've only been doing story islands on double drops days so I'm only up to moria mansion. :/

Also, I'll be doing baccarat nonstop for Log Luffy books! Finally, LL books have come around!

MiTYH

Ahhh resturant le crap, we meet again.

Time to be disappointed, here we go!

EDIT: Results

Run #1: 1 atk, 2 hp, 1 cola
Run #2: 2 atk, 1 rcv, 2 cola (secret stage)
Run #3: 1 atk, 1 rcv, 2 cola
Run #4: 1 atk, 1 hp, 3 cola
Run #5: 1 atk, 2 hp, 2 rcv, 1 cola
Run #6: 3 rcv, 6 cola
Run #7: 2 hp, 1 rcv, 2 cola (secret stage)

Total: 6 atk, 7 hp, 8 rcv, 17 cola

Okay so first thing, skipping specials is amazing. Could use Doffy special very fast now, which is just plain awesome for speedruns like this.

All in all? Not a TERRIBLE set of runs, I've certainly had worse (see run #6). All the atk and hp went well into my LLucci, who's now at +148 (91 hp/57atk). And now I've got a green turtle at + 97 RCV. Need someone to put that into, soon! Need to do some training forests though, I'm getting close to the cola cap.

Also, sad that meat-up snails are gone, could use a refill to start that impel down stuff. But that's alright, got other things to do.

RalchAC

Two snail stamina refills hunting croc and no luck today... Sigh. Are there any really good characters on impel down? I've only been doing story islands on double drops days so I'm only up to moria mansion. :/

Also, I'll be doing baccarat nonstop for Log Luffy books! Finally, LL books have come around!

Magellan is quite good I think. There aren't many good STR shooter characters and he has solid stats and a good special (20% cut). I think the special isn't that high at the beginning, and shooter teams can get rather easily -3 CD.

The "TIPS" bar is so cool! Now we get to see what actually drops lol

Seeing how hard story Islands may become it was a needed feature. You can't just go with a rainbow slasher team and clear everything anymore.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm honestly not sure how important Kalifa is to get anymore. She used to be huge in the meta but I don't see her much these days

Bubble Bath Kalifa sockets!

Early on she can probably be a helpful low cost board manipulator for DEX or STR when combod, but there definitely are a lot more options now.

Hana-Bi

Beat the new island and man all those status effects are no joke. :)

Sadly no Magellan drop after 5 runs. Will try to get him today.

RalchAC

Did anything throw you? I'm waiting for stamina to refill and haven't found a decent guide yet. I was hoping to Rainbow Slash my way through, swapping to Enel for Magellan stages

Use the tips section, see the colour of the boss, build a team that has an advantadge against said color.

Seems Slasher teams don't work anymore, sadly.

MiTYH

Use the tips section, see the colour of the boss, build a team that has an advantadge against said color.

Seems Slasher teams don't work anymore, sadly.

But but, my INTHawk....

I still might give it a go, bringing appropriate slashers in just to see. A lot have autoheal as Jayhawk said, so we'll see. Thanks though, totally forgot the tips is a feature now.

One step closer to Rayleigh's shop!

Hana-Bi

But but, my INTHawk....

I still might give it a go, bringing appropriate slashers in just to see. A lot have autoheal as Jayhawk said, so we'll see. Thanks though, totally forgot the tips is a feature now.

One step closer to Rayleigh's shop!

Well, some stages work for your typical rainbow slasher team, some other stages have map or poison damage so I used a double Enel team most of the time.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been away from the game for many many months (I quit during Skypeia I think?) but.... I'm back, baby.

I had a pretty good character box back in the day, with enough flexibility to make lots of teams (Mihawk, Towel Nami, Vista, LS Zoro, Urouge, Jozu, Law, Apoo, Blackbeard, Garp, Shanks, etc) but I'm not sure how steep the power creep has been or how useful they'll be now helping me catch up. I'm not really able to clear the current Event dungeons with a default Slasher/Slasher team.

What have I missed?

Is Mihawk/Mihawk Slasher comp still viable?

I have 115 gems. Should I go ape on the upcoming Sugofest?

What is the new meta?

...etc etc etc.

RalchAC

I've been away from the game for many many months (I quit during Skypeia I think?) but.... I'm back, baby.

I had a pretty good character box back in the day, with enough flexibility to make lots of teams (Mihawk, Towel Nami, Vista, LS Zoro, Urouge, Jozu, Law, Apoo, Blackbeard, Garp, Shanks, etc) but I'm not sure how steep the power creep has been or how useful they'll be now helping me catch up. I'm not really able to clear the current Event dungeons with a default Slasher/Slasher team.

What have I missed?

Is Mihawk/Mihawk Slasher comp still viable?

I have 115 gems. Should I go ape on the upcoming Sugofest?

What is the new meta?

...etc etc etc.

You missed 7/11, when they made a mistake and most Gacha units (besides Legends) were available at Friend Point recruit for a day :p

Slasher teams are quite realiable, and there is quite a bit of new content.

- Coliseum: This is the hardest content right now, especially Kid and Sadi-chan's. Urogue and Smoker are a bit easier.
- Raid Bosses: We've got Mihawk, MonChop, Garp, Zephyr, Ivankov, Doffy, Blackbeard, Aokiji, Heracles, Enel, Duval, Buster Call, Kuma and Shiki. Some are easier than others, some are more important as others.
- Fortnights: As always, a new every two weeks, and some old ones are returning.
- Story Mode: we just got Impel Down story island.
- Forests: There are like 4 right now. Mihawk and Ace are quite easy. The rest are quite hard.

We got sockets. You feed units of the same name to a character and get some bonuses. There are longer guides on Reddit.

Each unit has 2 classes, and there are 4 new classes too. Free Spirit, Cerebral, Driven and Powerhouse. Each has their own captains, orb manipulators and all that fancy stuff you should already know off.

There are a lot of new units, Legends, and that kind of stuff. Gameplay is mostly the same. You can skip specials animations now.

MANUELF

Banned
Got Doublefinger and Evolved her and Mr 1, now I can never play Alabasta ever again :D Just missing the marine cat to have all the characters in the island

MANUELF

Banned
Was planning on running Magellan all day but got him on the first run this morning

He seems like an amazing unit
It seems the droprate is pretty high on Impel Down, a lot of people have got him at first try or had their first Story unit drop first playthrough there

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Were there sockets when you were still in before? That has changed a lot of strategies.

I don't remember. I think they were juuuuuust being introduced when I faded out. They don't seem like big buffs to me, though? They looked like small bonuses. I'll do some reading.

Do people now do things like keep multiple Mihawks around with different socket bonuses, for different situations?

You missed 7/11, when they made a mistake and most Gacha units (besides Legends) were available at Friend Point recruit for a day :p

Slasher teams are quite realiable, and there is quite a bit of new content.

- Coliseum: This is the hardest content right now, especially Kid and Sadi-chan's. Urogue and Smoker are a bit easier.
- Raid Bosses: We've got Mihawk, MonChop, Garp, Zephyr, Ivankov, Doffy, Blackbeard, Aokiji, Heracles, Enel, Duval, Buster Call, Kuma and Shiki. Some are easier than others, some are more important as others.
- Fortnights: As always, a new every two weeks, and some old ones are returning.
- Story Mode: we just got Impel Down story island.
- Forests: There are like 4 right now. Mihawk and Ace are quite easy. The rest are quite hard.

We got sockets. You feed units of the same name to a character and get some bonuses. There are longer guides on Reddit.

Each unit has 2 classes, and there are 4 new classes too. Free Spirit, Cerebral, Driven and Powerhouse. Each has their own captains, orb manipulators and all that fancy stuff you should already know off.

There are a lot of new units, Legends, and that kind of stuff. Gameplay is mostly the same. You can skip specials animations now.

Thanks. IDK what a Legend is. Just the 6* units?

In terms of raid bosses I have I think about half of them - I'll keep an eye out for the ones I'm missing.

I remember saving all my dupe story Luffies and Zoros etc to feed them to my premium ones like LS Zoro before Sockets dropped, so I'll probably eat all those dupes soon.

I received a TON of bonus units in my mail thanks to events and whatnot. I'm not sure which ones (if any?) are special - I an INT Franky, PSY Nico, Afro Luffy, etc that I don't really recognize or remember. I'll need to read up.

RedBoot

LOL, loaded up the game this morning after the maintenance and had completely forgotten Impel Down was here.

Halfway through now, no story drops yet (outside of the Blugori and the Wolf). I remember thinking this one would be a slog when JPN got it since it has so many stages, but they're generally shorter now so it's fine. Impel Down also has really fun story scenes, so that helps too. Gonna try and get Magellan and Hannybal today, if luck permits.

Loving special skip and the drop lists. Also, I think we've gotten basically everything that JPN got prior to the Rayleigh Shop, so that should be next (still probably several months away, but at least it's on the horizon).

EMT0

Banned
Until you can get at least close to 2 Mihawks per gem, it's not a great idea to gem for him.

1/2 Stamina Alvida is a good opportunity. I wouldn't say it's necessary to max her right away at all, but she's a useful unit that will continue to be useful in the future. Get as many books as you need to max her during a skillup event and wait.

Keep in mind that we're getting 1/2 stamina weekly islands starting on the 29th for extra isle stuff with normal exp values (Alvida and Arlong have terribad pirate exp rates since they were some of the first fortnights before they normalized things). You'll level up like crazy if you opt to gem during that time, and I recommend it for a new player.

Maintenance time ladies and gents. While I think many might be more excited about skipping animations with a tap, I'm excited about the 20 extra team points we're all getting! I can finally, finally field my Fuji team I've been slowly leveling up!!! Anyone else looking forward to the increase in team points?

Also, reading what you've achieved in only 13 days is amazing ETMO. Your plan seems solid, though I personally think that farming Mihawk is essential, but I have no idea if it's efficient or worthwhile for you now.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided to go through with it, and so far, so good. I'm actually breaking my expected rate of books per gem, way above expectations. So far I've sunk about 6 gems, and am sitting at 20 Alvida books. I'd easily be able to pull it off before the fortnight is over, but I've got classes this afternoon that are going to keep me busy for a while. This'll leave me about 2 hours of time with which to get the remaining 10 books. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get Alvida's sockets done too, as she's currently sitting on 3 auto-heal.

I'd say I've got a decent chance of pulling it off at a rate of about 5 books per hour. The side benefits from farming Alvida so far are that I'm at level 102 and have gotten pre-evo Monster Chopper, Diamante, and Legend Lucci all to Lv. 70, ready to be evolved. I'm holding off on Lucci for now, but am planning to evolve both Diamante and Chopper once I can get two Red Dragons. With my STR units so powered up, most of my excess boosters are going to go into getting Arlong to Lv. 70, with the rest to be hoarded for when my characters are evolved.

Majukun

This seems like an obvious/stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Impel Down isn't timed right? It's a permanent story island?

every story island stays forever,but people usually farm new islands immediately to benefit from the 2x drop that it's on for the enitre first week

every story island stays forever,but people usually farm new islands immediately to benefit from the 2x drop that it's on for the enitre first week

Those of us who got by the poison hell of the last few anyway. Still stuck at Moria's mansion. Got 100 gems ready for tomorrow though so maybe I'll be blessed with Law.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm still way behind in story islands (just started the first sky island) so I was worried that I might miss Impel Down.

RedBoot

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm still way behind in story islands (just started the first sky island) so I was worried that I might miss Impel Down.

There's really no rush, though you do get gems for clearing islands so you might want to keep that in mind when sugos come around. I clear them ASAP so I can farm the story characters, but even then there's not a lot of vital ones in there. Magellan's a really nice get from this island as a beatstick, but there's no content that "requires" him yet.

The very shortlist of must-get story characters are probably Mr. 3, Mr. 2, Mr. 1, Miss Doublefinger, Crocodile (2 copies), Enel, Lucci (for his QCK evo), and Moria (for his 4-star evo). And even then a lot of those can be covered with some RRs or other assorted characters.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I got Magellan and Hannybal on my first playthrough of Impel Down. That's certainly never happened before. It's usually always a struggle for storymode characters.

RedBoot

I got Magellan and Hannybal on my first playthrough of Impel Down. That's certainly never happened before. It's usually always a struggle for storymode characters.

I'm usually pretty lucky with them, but I'm about 25 runs into Magellan farming with nothing but a couple of berry bags to show for it (as well as 5 red lobsters and a max-level Army Wolf, because why not).

The runs are pretty easy with a Marco/Enel team. Wish I had Mansherry though, would make it even quicker.

EMT0

Banned
New fortnight time. The bad news is, my final tally was 28 Alvida books and 4/5 Autoheal sockets. The good news is, these new fortnights are great. Time to go straight for Baccarat.

Tidd

YES! First 30 stamina run and Baccarat drop! Don't forget to set her as your captain for others! Enjoy the double drops.

And it's quite funny how great they characterized Dice in the game. He gives you a 2x ATK and orb boost just because he's such a masochist. lol

MiTYH

Love me some easy fortnights. Did all difficulties and didn't get any drops. It's nice to see variety in skill books even if I don't have any of these units

Kyou

The moment you get absolutely 0 dupes from Baccarat.... Not even the turtle ;___;

feels like
tumblr_o0jayaDJuA1v4946xo1_500.gif

MKAllDay

How difficult is the 1 stamina one time only battle? Would it be doable with two Baccarat captains? If yes, is there anyone that currently has Baccarat as their captain that would be willing to add me?

Top Bottom