• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The moment you realize Special animations can be skipped by touching the screen :eek:

PS. Running Baccarat right now but those Ivankov and Machvise books are incredible rare :-/
I'm doing Nami for the PSY boosters primarily; all of my PSY units are woefully underleveled which has the potential to really hurt once Zephyr drops. The side bonuses of getting skillups on Lola and Mirage Tempo Nami, and sockets on Mirage Tempo Nami also helps me keep on going.

Ah for EXP ? Okay that makes sense...and yeah those skillbooks why 2x is up dont hurt either.

bobohoro

PS. Running Baccarat right now but those Ivankov and Machvise books are incredible rare :-/

Both dropped farily frequently for me, Gladius having not even half the drop rate.
You can probably figure out which of the three I have in my box.

BB farming is painless with double Enel. Takes roughly 14 turns of straight attacking.
That said, 20 BBs down, no lobster, only 4 skill ups and one usable socket. This might take a while.

I guess Bind/CDR is pretty much the best setup for BB, right? Despair is a no go, as well as DR, and AH as well as orbs seem fairly useless on him, since he's pretty much all about his special.

cw_sasuke

How many hours until Zephyr will be up...14 hours or 38 hours ?
Both dropped farily frequently for me, Gladius having not even half the drop rate.
You can probably figure out which of the three I have in my box.

Desire sensor at work - Gladius drops all the time for me, guess which unit i dont own. Hope i can get at least on more skill up on Machvise to have him at 10 turns.

Besides the drops skill ups have been quite bad - skilling up units was better in the early 2x OPTC days. Now the rate feels more like in other Gacha games.

bjork

I guess Bind/CDR is pretty much the best setup for BB, right? Despair is a no go, as well as DR, and AH as well as orbs seem fairly useless on him, since he's pretty much all about his special.

That's the route I'm doing, yeah. When BB first came out, people on reddit lost their minds over folks putting despair on BB, heh.

RalchAC

That's what I thought.

My Blackbeard is at 25 CD as we speak. I played for 3 hours in the morning but after 8 copies without a skill up I told him to fuck off for a while. 5/1 sockets. I originally hoped to max his skill. But, honestly, I'd be quite happy if I manage to get him at 20 turns CD like my Marco.

bobohoro

Besides the drops skill ups have been quite bad - skilling up units was better in the early 2x OPTC days. Now the rate feels more like in other Gacha games.

I think I'm pretty close to 25% this week. Haven't kept count after day one, but shouldn't be far off. Was the rate in the early days better than that?

That said, higher base rate can't come fast enough.

30 copies into my BB-day and I'm nearly halfway done at 7/15 skill-ups and 5/10 sockets.
Last 2 feeds did the majority of that though, first 20 weren't that promisin.

MiTYH

The moment you realize Special animations can be skipped by touching the screen :eek:

I've gotten so used to it so fast that I find myself trying to skip other games' animations sometimes. It really is an amazing feature

Spending time today finishing up Lola's skill level. Only need one or two more. Than.... no clue. Hina's got one more but she's usable as she is. Might try Baccarat, even though she's maxed, for some better sockets.

bobohoro

Special animation skip is indeed pretty awesome. Makes farming stuff so much easier.
My zombie runs on Garp seem like a distant memory by now.

10 more copies of BB gave me 6 skill-ups and 2 CDR sockets. That sped up things dramatically.

RedBoot

Double Marco makes Blackbeard crumble like wet tissue...I just have no motivation to farm him :/ Also, gotta leave gems for the upcoming raids and I only have 9.

Yup. I was running Marco/Enel initially just to stall for their specials, but double Marco is more than enough damage. Takes about half the time, too.

Went 4 for 7 on the first BB feedings, which matches what I got for Boa with 29 copies. :p My BB is one away from max now, so it won't be an issue to finally finish him today.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Quick question on socks: do the effects benefit the entire team, meaning if it reduces CD by 1, is that impacting everyone (effectively a 6 CD reduction team-wide)?

bjork

Quick question on socks: do the effects benefit the entire team, meaning if it reduces CD by 1, is that impacting everyone (effectively a 6 CD reduction team-wide)?

level 1 CD will reduce everyone's cooldown by 1 turn at the start of the quest. So if a guy's CD is 10 at max, it'll be 9 now. But then once you use it, it's back to the normal 10. And it applies to each member, so everyone gets the 1 turn reduction.

Kyou

Oh I guess it's worth mentioning for the newer people

Do not put despair sockets on Blackbeard

one of the key strategies with Blackbeard is to get purposely despaired so you lose a vast majority of your HP. This counts as damage for Blackbeard's special, leading you to be able to one shot some raid bosses

commish

I got a 2 out of 4 skillups on my BB and was thrilled. Then I got an 0/5 and threw my phone out the window.

MiTYH

Yeah, skillup rates are terrible today. Farmed 5 Lolas, got nothing. And now she won't even drop, so there goes the hopes of maxing her this go round. At least I managed to evolve my 3D2Y nami for the extra socket space

bobohoro

Now I feel kinda bad for my luck today:

46 copies, 14 skill ups, 9/10 sockets done. The last skillup and bind socket will hopefully come in the next run, don't really wanna spend another gem afterwards.

RalchAC

Now I feel kinda bad for my luck today:

46 copies, 14 skill ups, 9/10 sockets done. The last skillup and bind socket will hopefully come in the next run, don't really wanna spend another gem afterwards.

After 7 skill ups, 4 sockets and around 40 copies I'm sick of it.

The last few 12 copies or so have been awful.

commish

I'll be happy if I can get him to 20 this time. I don't need to finish him this go around.

bjork

Wow, Hana-Bi hits it super hard. Look at all those max leveled guys, holy smokes. I have a ton of dudes but only a handful of level max still. What's the method here, being super efficient at catching turtle times and then how you feed them? I'm on day 664 and if I go manually count them, I have... exactly 80, with some of those being 4* dupes, and some of those being 4* RRs awaiting an evolution.

Hana-Bi

Wow, Hana-Bi hits it super hard. Look at all those max leveled guys, holy smokes. I have a ton of dudes but only a handful of level max still. What's the method here, being super efficient at catching turtle times and then how you feed them? I'm on day 664 and if I go manually count them, I have... exactly 80, with some of those being 4* dupes, and some of those being 4* RRs awaiting an evolution.

Well, I tried to catch most of the tt but only until colo came out. Now I don't really farm those turtles. I mostly farm fortnights and with all those pigs, useless skillbooks I leveled every char to level 50 or above. I think I have 128 chars at level 99 now. :)

commish

What's the best way to approach turtle time? I need to farm the hell out of PHY today. Double bacc and high hitting units?

Verelios

What's the best way to approach turtle time? I need to farm the hell out of PHY today. Double bacc and high hitting units?
You have Iron fist...uh, sergeant that does 500 dmg maxed at 5 turns? Bring him along and TT takes a minute or less with any INT team that's 2.5(Towel Nami/Whitey Bay) or 3X(Moria).

Personally, I just take 2X Sengoku to every TT and have a rainbow.

if you have story jabra a good team would be:

story jabra + (???) (cooldown reducing captain usually fills splot 2, or another jabra, whatever)

and a team filled with low cooldown static damage dealers like sanji penguin or fullbody, assuming their specials are fully leveled.

If you can't manage that team, any 3x @ 100% hp captain pair + the hardest hitting units for the associated color.

EMT0

Banned

If you don't have a 3x(or 2.75x, I do STR turtle time with double Marco just fine) captain, double Baccarat will be solid, and bring along Ashura Zoro, GP Usopp, and any other high combo units you have. The ideal setup would be two 9s and two 6s to kill the turtles on the final stage easily alongside a maxed out Fullbody. If you have him at about 5-6 cooldown, bring him, for he is the turtle king.

bobohoro

With FNs giving out pigs and teen turtles as much as they do, I'd rather run a few more evolvers islands on half stamina than TT, seems more stamina efficient. I haven't run TT for weeks now and even with double Baccarat it doesn't seem all that great.

And my last skill-up on BB seems to be where my luck has left me. Went dry on the last 8 copies, but at least got my last socket. I already spent two more gems despite knowing it wouldn't be worth it, but I just can't not get that last skill up now. It would drive me mad.

At least I got two lobster drops in my 50+ runs. Evolved Kumadori and skill maxed him. Overall, last week was pretty insane in terms of progress for me with skill maxing three raid bosses and a couple of useful RR units, probably getting coffin boat to Lv 10 tomorrow and having all the pieces to farm Doflamingo in place. I'm pretty satisfied for day 101 on a legendless account.

commish

Wow, I thought everyone would be bringing Baccarat for the double drop for turtle time. I've been doing it wrong! Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Kyou

Baccarat doesn't seem as useful for things that are time sensitive. Getting in three runs in the time it takes you to do one Baccarat run will always be better than the slim chance of a bonus

Now things that are one and done, that's where Baccarat shines

Hana-Bi

Wow, I thought everyone would be bringing Baccarat for the double drop for turtle time. I've been doing it wrong! Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Yeah, with high atk units and a 3x cpt you can run up 25 times the turtle stage during 30 minutes. Sure you have to gem for more runs but you'll get much more turtles.

commish

Yeah, with high atk units and a 3x cpt you can run up 25 times the turtle stage during 30 minutes. Sure you have to gem for more runs but you'll get much more turtles.

I've been struggling with leveling up my units because of this. I was thinking, "how the hell do people level things up so quickly?!" This will help a lot. Using double bacc takes FOREVER.

cw_sasuke

Thanks to a rank up i was able to run Baccarat some more and finally managed to max skill Ivankov and Machvise - very nice.

Now i need to figure out to tackle Zephyr and how much boxspace i will need to add lol.
I think I'm pretty close to 25% this week. Haven't kept count after day one, but shouldn't be far off. Was the rate in the early days better than that?

That said, higher base rate can't come fast enough.

Yeah seems like i just had bad luck - worked out better with my final runs now.
So, since I hit day 650 yesterday I'll post my box (only post the link because it'll be too big):

http://i.imgur.com/oXKelJp.jpg

For reference this was my day 500 box:

http://i.imgur.com/yOVHmA8.jpg

My goals for now are: socket both Raid Kumas and skill level up my second Kuma, socket my second legend Doffy, finish my Shiki and maybe farm Buster Call...

Very impressive man - keep up the good work !!

EMT0

Banned
Day 29: The Day Before the Storm

This post is intended to be a summary of major events before OPTC Hell begins. For posterity's sake, the reason we are about to enter OPTC Hell is that this December is Feature Film Frenzy. What this means is that we're going to be receiving all of the movie fortnights and raids packed into a two week period because Bandai loves us, but also has no plans to release this content again in the future. Now what this really means is actually that Bandai is likely about to lose rights to use the movie content in Treasure Cruise, we're all about to get boned, and this is our last chance to farm up any key content as a last hurrah. For longterm players, it sucks, but it's life. For new players? RIP. Guess which I fall under, one month in? Anyways, this post will be broken down into three sections. Progress since the last update, the provisional plan of attack for this event, and finally what we hope to achieve by the end of it. Let's get on with the show; first, recent progress on unit levelups.

STR:
Blackbeard - Lv. 65
Dice - Evolved, Lv. 50, skillup maxed, sockets at 5 bind/2 despair
Lola - Evolved, Lv. 40, 4 skillups, 3 bind/2 charge special
Diamante - Skillup Maxed

DEX:
Mihawk - Lv. 50
Paulie - Lv. 50
Doublefinger - Lv. 50
Koala - Lv. 50

QCK:
Enel - Lv. 70(waiting on evolvers)
Doma - Lv. 50
Mr. Tanaka - Lv. 50, skillup maxed, sockets at 5 autoheal/2 Bind
Inazuma/Sugar/Leo - Lv. 35

PSY:
Squard - Evolved, Lv. 50
Rakuyo - Evolved, Lv. 50
Bon Clay - Lv. 50
Gild Tesoro - Lv. 93

INT:
Vista - Lv. 60
Brain Point Chopper - Lv. 45
Baccarat - Evolved, Lv. 70, skillup maxed, sockets at 5 Charge Special/orbs
Ivankov - Skillup Maxed
Mirage Tempo Nami - Skillup maxed, 5 bind/4 despair
Thunderbolt Tempo Nami - Skillup maxed

Books:
17 Log Luffy
16 Towel Nami
33 Machavise
27 Gladius

As you can see, lots of progress on PSY units and skillups. Diamante took what felt like an eternity but in the end, mission accomplished alongside a host of other benefits; lots of skillbooks for other useful units, maxed out fortnight units, and boosters applied generously onto non-INT units. I'm also really glad I committed to maxing him out early, as with the news that Gran Tesoro is going away, trying to max him out at the last minute could have been particularly painful. After finishing up with Gran Tesoro, I swapped my focus to Bride Nami which has got to be my 2nd least favorite fortnight to date; the crown easily goes to Dr.Indigo, which I'm NOT looking forward to hitting up for Legend Marco books when it rolls around, but more on that later. I did eventually narrow down a team that can clear Bride Nami 9 out of 10 times, even through shitty boss stages and the godawful secret stage. Credits go to bjork for giving me recipe to easy INT orbs for an early player, and other GAFers who have put up their Vistas alongside bjork; there was definitely at least two of you guys that did me a solid :)

Vista/Towel Nami/Whitey Bay - Vista
Brain Point Chopper - Trebol
Nolan - Buggy

How it works is pretty straightforward; tank your way through to Lola taking minimal damage, while stalling on the turtles. KO Lola while taking your time, as you can safely bulldoze her so long as you don't let her attack under 20% HP. Then Bride Nami is fairly straightfoward; lots of HP? Whittle her down a bit first, then burst. Low on HP? Time to burst. My burst consisted of using Chopper to get RCV orbs on my Friend Captain, Trebol, and Nolan, Buggy to give those three units INT orbs, Trebol to lock orbs and give my Vista a INT orb, Nolan to boost my orbs, and then go to town on Nami. Solo Nami is an easy 2 turn KO from full HP with this team at ~Lv. 50 on all units. And as a general rule of thumb, Nami is always the first to die no matter the boss stage, as we can reliably kill her and grind down any other units we're facing. Flip a coin on clearing Sanji + Absalom though.

Next on the list is Gild Tesoro almost being ready to be evolved. I went HARD on PSY turtle time, gemmed twice, and the end result was 11 Elder Turtles. After getting Rakuyo to Lv. 50, all boosters went straight to Tesoro and the end result is Lv. 93, and 500k exp away from being maxed. All boosters from Bride Nami have been sent straight to him as well and I anticipate that I'll have him evolved by the time I go to bed. Sadly Tesoro ain't maxed and I don't have Impact Dial Usopp or Coby, or I'd totally run a first turn burst team against him starring Tesoro as a captain for easy Zephyr raids.

Finally, my player level and Blackbeard's raid. You guys remember how I said, huh, maybe I'll be at PL 130 by Sunday on that last post? About that...more like 140. 142 to be exact. All I can say to explain it is bless half stamina fortnights, and that I really wanted my Diamante books. Then on Blackbeard, double Marco tears him apart like wet toilet paper. The only hard part that requires paying attention is needing to get RCV orbs on the way to Blackbeard to ensure the boss stage starts at >90% HP, allowing me to beat him down while using Marco specials to heal up and burst him down. Bad things happen, however, when I have to stall and don't pull any RCV orbs. I've actually died twice on the way to Blackbeard precisely because I couldn't pull any RCV orbs, throwing me into a death spiral as I could no longer kill the minions. If I had Lv. 1 anti-despair, I could simply just rush through Blackbeard without a second thought but I'm sadly not quite there. Ain will make Blackbeard a hell of a lot easier once I get 5 despair sockets on her. And truthfully, I haven't been farming Blackbeard all that diligently either, and only farmed about 15 copies. The only reason I actually ran him at all was because I needed Elder Sea Horses to evolve my units. Koala, Blackbeard, Enel, and Doma are all waiting on that magical day at the moment, and my drop rate has been terrible on them. I'll likely hold off now until Zephyr, as all the units I needed to clear him are now ready and Zephyr should provide any missing sea horses by the time I'm done with him.

With this week's progress summarized, let's move on to the gameplan for this coming event. First on the list is the Amazon fortnight coming out on Tuesday starring Marguerite. I'd love to farm her, but for the sake of achieving my goals within this limited period of time, I'm not gonna touch her fortnight if I can help it; she'll be back around, while these other fortnights range from unlikely to never. So the actual first challenge I'll be taking on is Zephyr:

fGyyUCP.png

The plan is simple, if not tedious. Get through the stages using usual stall strategies, then face Zephyr. Thanks to Marco's 30% damage reduction, Zephyr can never one-shot us. The plan here is simple. Beatdown. Straight beatdown through the bind stages. Whenever Zephyr hits us, use a Marco special and keep on rolling. Finally, once he's just over 20% HP(the math works out to be just after his second attack), use Squard, use Marco, use Rakuyo, use GP Usopp, use Monet, and go for the KO. Slow, but fairly safe.

Next, Count Butler's FN. From giving it a preliminary once-over, it appears like the FN will be straightforward with Double Marcos. I don't really care for any of the units other than Butler much but I'll do it to the point of getting one of each. What I AM interested in is the idea of losing Vergo's skillup books until whenever it is that we get the Pekoms fortnight. I think that since Vergo's special isn't super high anyways, I'll bite the bullet on this one and focus resources elsewhere after getting at least 1 Count Butler, although I'll farm it given excess stamina(read: Zephyr-claimed stamina) which is likely to happen on the 8th and 9th after I grind a copy of Shiki. I may also try to get at least one copy of Breed, and ignore Morgan completely.

Next on the list is Shiki; my aspirations towards Shiki can be summarized as such: 'Lol I can't farm Shiki'. Thus, we will get one copy of Shiki and walk away real pleased with ourselves. In theory, I have enough units to slap together to pull it off. This is what I've been kicking around in my head. I have no idea if it'll actually work.

4w8iFT0.png

Although swap Marco with Leo in their positioning.

My current brainstorming is first turn, I farm STR/DEX/QCK orbs. Next turn, I use Leo to cut off ~900k HP from Shiki and lock my orbs, Enel for the QCK boost, Marco for the orb boost + heal back to full health, and Capone to get QCK orbs. Go for the burst, which can be anywhere from 1.9m-2.7m(I may replace Sugar with Legend Boa and put Boa on the middle row for a more consistent burst). I should knock off anywhere from 3m to 3.5m HP off of him by turn 2. Turn 3, I take a hit to the face while farming QCK orbs and survive by a sliver assuming all my levels match what I've posted. Turn 4, I'd use my second Marco special and burst him below 20% HP. From there, I'd use Sugar's special, he revives...and then I die, because this team can't land a 30 hit combo. If anyone's got any ideas for what I could do to piece together a team to actually KO him with what I've listed, I'm all ears. I do have Inazuma; would he do me any good when put together with Legend Marco? I could see him facilitating a beatdown on Shiki under the best case scenario of how I'm speculating that he'll work, that then lets me use Sugar to KO him when he revives. To clarify, I'm speculating/wishing that Inazuma's special would take priority, and then Legend Marco's captain ability would stack on top of Inazuma's reduced damage. How I'm suspecting it works however, is the other way around where Marco reduces damage then Inazuma's special does almost nothing for me as it'd only be reducing the ~5000 damage I'd take per hit with only a friend Legend Marco.

ANYWAYS

Dead End Begins, the Gasparde FN. Gasparde would be interesting to me since I don't have a Powerhouse booster but....8 specials to feed? Fuck dat, I know that ain't happening. Thankfully, I don't need any books from here so my focus will be on other stuff . Maybe here's when I'll sneak in Breed, after getting one of each unit from the FN. After that, Gild Tesoro, thankfully at 40 after I went through gems like they were water for 60 when he first dropped.

FXFDrkr.png

See here for the practical demonstration

Leo seems like a far more useful version of Hina...making me question why I got Hina up in the first place, but whatever. The strategy shown in this video remains the same, except Leo also acts as a health cutter here too. Ain will be socketed in the process of farming Zephyr, letting me take on this raid without too much to fear. My only concern is that I'm going to be short on sockets to get Lv. 1 Despair up, meaning I'll have to do something more annoying to pull this off, although only just. Basically, stall until Tesoro is debuffed by hitting with Usopp every turn, do the original turn 1 play, next turn heal up with Marco, and proceed to finish the job. A little bit longer, but I'm just too early in the game to have the sockets I need on these units other than Ain.

From here on out, Raids become a rather straightforward affair once double skillup rolls around, at least for Zephyr and Gild Tesoro. Use up all copies of the unit, if still missing skillups or sockets, farm again the 2nd time they roll around. Shiki will likely remain pie in the sky man. For FNs, the most relevant for me is Dr.Indigo as I have a Legend Marco, and Kohza is also a nice side bonus. Gonna hit that one as much as I can. I don't care too much about the Young Nami/Robin FN unless I manage to magically get a great version of Nami/Robin by the time their FN rolls around in order to socket them. Gild Tesoro? Hehehe, I'm done with it forever.

What am I aiming for by the end of this crazy ride? First, I want to pass my exams. Like seriously, I'm gonna go as hard as I can but I do have exams. Those come first. Second on the bucket list for this month is to max out Zephyr and Gild Tesoro; both are going to be incredibly useful to me, and Zephyr is literally irreplaceable in Global atm, especially more so should Byrnndi World fall under the same restrictions as the movie content. Third is to max out Ain and Carina; Ain is just a great bind/despair remover, while Carina spares me from having to bother with farming Bellamy in the story until I can get Doffy. Fourth is to secure a copy of every fortnight character and Shiki; Shiki would be higher, but the chances of me clearing him reliably are very, very low.

RIP my wallet, because you already know these farming gems aren't coming out of my nonexistent gem stash.

Index

RedBoot

I actually did run double Baccarat for the turtle times today. Got 10 runs in and could have managed 12-14 or so (didn't want to spend any more gems though). I got zero Elder drops on the final stage and only 2 hidden Elders, and Baccarat only activated ~30% of the time. So if you want a reason to go with 3x captains instead, there you go. The game's desire sensor is in full effect.

Got Tesoro evolved with what I got, at least. Finished BB's skill levels as well (still needs 4 sockets, but I'm not going to bother with those for now). Probably just going to take it easy until the CrocoBook/Marguerite farming extravaganza starts tomorrow night.

RR30

0-15 with Blackbeard today, and no real great sockets. Pretty sure I'm only a couple of skill levels off his max, but I've had bad lack the last two times he's come through.

commish

Okay last 18 bb's... I'd like to get at least five special levels ...

Edit: ugh 4. Only got the special down to 22 turns.

Another trap sugo. I don't have Don Sai or Mansherry but they're not enough to warrant pulling. Going for 2 sugofests in a row with no pulls. Come at me, Bandai.

MANUELF

Banned
No BB skillup today after 7+ copies....
Anyway will Do turtle time later to level my Yellow units
PS: I also have half of this sugo boosted units so no pull on my main

EMT0

Banned
I'm so torn. I've got about 1/3rd of the units boosted, but 3D2Y Sanji is one of them. I've got Marco and Lucci. I neeeeed him. Then there's boosted Jinbe; I have Koala and Marco. I could so much crazy stuff with him too! But most of those other units are forgettable or minor boosts to my current box, so I'm torn on actually pulling at all. I may do one or two singles to sate my insane need to gamble my money away.

Hana-Bi

Those boosted legends are always a trap. You probably get every other legend before getting the boosted one. Marco would be great, so I might pull one or two times (for Elizabello).

Top Bottom