• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What would be the best way to socket Tashigi ? Still the Smoker FN ? Or does she get a Colo version down the line ?

Finally hit day 800 today. Here's my box: http://i.imgur.com/mZH0WF8.jpg

And here's my 650 box for reference: http://i.imgur.com/oXKelJp.jpg

Damn, way too much time and money wasted. ;)

This is really impressive - keep up the good work.
Looking forward to your Day 1000 box heh.
LOL, that's why I have 30 3D2Y Zoro books in my box that will never leave until I pull him.

But yeah, they made a mistake with some of the FN books, and Global screwed it up further. The Kimono FN, the Halloween FN, and the Movie-based FN should not be part of the usual "rotation" for skillbooks since they don't return regularly. Global missing out on the second Kimono FN and futzing up some of the book release orders due to various reasons makes it worse.

(Yes, I am still extremely bitter that we may never get a normal source for Foxy books in Global :p )

Yeah - i really hope they somehow can fix/optimize the Books distribution for some characters like 3D2Y Zoro.

EMT0

Banned
What would be the best way to socket Tashigi ? Still the Smoker FN ? Or does she get a Colo version down the line ?

Yeah - i really hope they somehow can fix/optimize the Books distribution for some characters like 3D2Y Zoro.

We're going to be getting a Punk Hazard Tashigi/Smoker FN in the future that's a way less tedious way to socket Tashigi than running Smoker's old FN.

Majukun

shanks' forest still kicking my ass at stage 19..it you don't have the right Cd for the enemies you are done..it has 4 enemies out of 5 that you MUST KILL BEFORE THEY ATTACK or the run it's done...

Kyou

I wonder what the deal is with the timeskip island. It's still listed as "soon". I wonder if it's going to go up after an update of some kind and they don't want to put a date on it.

Hana-Bi

I wonder what the deal is with the timeskip island. It's still listed as "soon". I wonder if it's going to go up after an update of some kind and they don't want to put a date on it.

Yeah, I think it's also the reason why there isn't a sugo this week and we only got filler sugos the last couple of weeks. With the timeskip island we'll probably get the ts batch 2. Can't wait for TS Brook. :)

The ambush rate seems kinda low today. 1/8 so far. But at least I got another red skull. )

Kyou

Yeah, I think it's also the reason why there isn't a sugo this week and we only got filler sugos the last couple of weeks. With the timeskip island we'll probably get the ts batch 2. Can't wait for TS Brook. :)
I'm at 60 gems and don't think I'll be able to resist a multipull

RedBoot

Yeah, I'm hoping we get 5+ Sanji/Usopp/Chopper at the same time as well, feels like they're overdue.

Still, kind of surprised we have no sugo today. Bandai likes to do them during events like this one so we'll get tempted to pull if we can't clear the raid/invasion/etc. I'll probably toss a multi at the TS2 batch, any of the RRs would be very nice to have (as would Zoro, of course).

Hana-Bi

Farmed 15 Kumas today. Got 5 ambushes. Failed once on my last try... Too tired to farm any more copies. Made too many mistakes on the stages and got some bad cd luck.

Finally hit day 800 today. Here's my box: http://i.imgur.com/mZH0WF8.jpg

And here's my 650 box for reference: http://i.imgur.com/oXKelJp.jpg

Damn, way too much time and money wasted. ;)

YOUR LEVELS ARE TOO DAMN HIGH! I thought I was ahead of the curve on leveling but you take it to an extreme. Seriously. You even level maxed the Celestial Dragons. That's 1 million XP each for whopping gains of 20 to 30 HP, 200 to 300 ATK, and 100 RCV, which really doesn't help since they all have negative recovery. Even your Pacifistas are close to max and the difference in their initial and max stats is 9 HP, 16 ATK, and 101 RCV, which starts at -100, all for a cool 1.5M XP. You've maxed units I have but don't even know what their attack animations look like because I've never used them like Bastille and SW Nami. I certainly admire your thoroughness but remember, cocaine is a hell of a drug. My day 800 is in something like 8 days but I don't think there's any way I can top this.

I got my 1 Shanks copy for today. I didn't even think I would be able to do it but Kuma is apparently beatable with a Jimbe team. I used this team but it gives me a bit of anxiety as do most Jimbe runs but the lack of level 5 AH, variable cooldowns on Lucky Roo's stage, and meat orb luck made it unreliable enough for me not to want to try farming Shanks this way. I did get another blue crystal skull out of it for my effort and have my Shanks evolved and ready for the skill up after farming him off of Enel with this team.

I figure if we do get it any time soon, it'll be the same day as Pica. They like stacking sugos and new raids to encourage people to buy gems.

RedBoot

Slowly but surely working out a reliable(ish) Friend Shiryu team for good time Shanks attempts. Getting closer each time, but no wins yet.

And Ben Beckman's dropped not one but two rainbow chests in the interim. Not mad. Not mad at all. Everything's fine.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Run Kuma 6 times since I need 3 orb sockets still. Got none.
Was invaded 2 times, but no chance.
I could take Shanks on if my Shiki was fully socketed and had a CD of around 20. But well...

Not being able to farm Shiki when he was around still hurts. Especially since I've no Caesar. Easily top-5 raid unit in terms of usefulness since he plays so well with Fuji. The teams I could make with G-5 Smoker and a maxed Shiki, all but a distant dream now.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,1278:99,1033:99C7,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R28S100H

:thinking:

RedBoot

Whoo, finally got Shanks! No rainbow chest this time, but I'll take the unit. All praise the King Scumbag, Shiryu.

Might give it a few more shots on Enelday for more copies and maybe a skull, but if I ever want to farm Invasion Shanks, I definitely need an upgrade or six. He'd be so nice for my Croc team...

Goddamn, I hate farming colo Killer. It's so tedious unless you have a WB. Doffy would be a great option but without the ship it's too nerve wracking.

Hana-Bi

YOUR LEVELS ARE TOO DAMN HIGH! I thought I was ahead of the curve on leveling but you take it to an extreme. Seriously. You even level maxed the Celestial Dragons. That's 1 million XP each for whopping gains of 20 to 30 HP, 200 to 300 ATK, and 100 RCV, which really doesn't help since they all have negative recovery. Even your Pacifistas are close to max and the difference in their initial and max stats is 9 HP, 16 ATK, and 101 RCV, which starts at -100, all for a cool 1.5M XP. You've maxed units I have but don't even know what their attack animations look like because I've never used them like Bastille and SW Nami. I certainly admire your thoroughness but remember, cocaine is a hell of a drug. My day 800 is in something like 8 days but I don't think there's any way I can top this.

Yeah, I started leveling all my units I wanted to max and then leveled up units I probably never use. And since I get a shitload of useless skill books I started leveling all my units up to a certain min level. That's 61 for now. ;) And all those maxed rr units are a result of the endless fn legend book farming. With all those turtles/pigs I maxed units I probably never/rarely use. But you'll never know when you need those. ;)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We're going to be getting a Punk Hazard Tashigi/Smoker FN in the future that's a way less tedious way to socket Tashigi than running Smoker's old FN.
Awesome thanks... Will hit this one hard since I wanna Socket 2 Tashigis and 2 Smokers.

Majukun

Goddamn, I hate farming colo Killer. It's so tedious unless you have a WB. Doffy would be a great option but without the ship it's too nerve wracking.

you can try with this

capt shiki
friend fuji
raid doflamingo
fortnight smoker
colo kid
RR marco/RR diamante/gp usopp

pretty easy with this team..but maybe you ae just talking about speed

EMT0

Banned
tfw you accidentally drop Legend Cabbage's 4/5 orbs socket in favor of a 1/5 damage reduction socket ;____;

Welp. I'm at 1/5 AH anyways so I was already in it for the long haul

RedBoot

Just realized 4 out of the 5 colos running right now feature bosses with on-death effects. :p Lucky Roux's the only one who doesn't, but he does heal at low health, which is kind of close.

Nice to find that Wyper is much easier for me now than when he first appeared. Marco team wrecks him.

EMT0

Banned
Just realized 4 out of the 5 colos running right now feature bosses with on-death effects. :p Lucky Roux's the only one who doesn't, but he does heal at low health, which is kind of close.

Nice to find that Wyper is much easier for me now than when he first appeared. Marco team wrecks him.

That's very true. I've been clearing the Chaos coliseums once each using a SW Ace team to great effect that relies on, 'I don't care if you revive, I've got enough HP to give you the finger'. I'd be farming Coby right now but Story Enel's on 2x drop; he calls to me. Today will hopefully be the day after Wapol gave me the finger for three days straight ;__;

EDIT: Whoo, story Enel!

Wadiwasi

Banned
Came back to OPTC a little while ago, never had a good global box going but had a maxed Log Luffy on jpn that I let go of.

Got a great start on global with legend Marco and Legend Aokiji from the past Sugofest. On jpn I ended up with Legend Shanks and some fishmen but didn't really have any units to take advantage of what I had. Decided to reroll since the 3-year anniversary event is going on and pulled G3 Luffy as my free tutorial character lol.

Been farming away and will have a few multi-pulls plus the free legend to look forward to. The jpn version is just so much better than global right now. I need to get Rosetta Stone so I don't have too keep looking up what each character does lol.

Don't know if I'll take Inthawk or Sabo since G3 is Free Spirit. Any advice?

Please game, just let me sleep. Two for two on meat from snails and now a level up. Five minutes per Colo run with 8 runs per stamina bar. I should finish by daybreak.

EMT0

Banned
Please game, just let me sleep. Two for two on meat from snails and now a level up. Five minutes per Colo run with 8 runs per stamina bar. I should finish by daybreak.

Know that feel. But anyways...RIP Rayleigh. How 'bout dat OPTC-JP? Gear 4th? What in the hell were they thinking .___.

EDIT: 4 meats tonight, fuck sleep I guess

MANUELF

Banned
Im ready to pull TS Luffy and never having to worry about anything again

PS: with the 3x skillup rate I should finish Hyozou and Shiryu and I Will try and max Cavendish, Blackbeard and Ace

Tidd

Wait, TS Luffy is the next 6+ character? Because he's so weak and can't clear anything at all... WHAT ARE YOU DOING BANDAI?

Story Characters and Turtles to be added to Friend Point Pulls Permanently starting at 5/21

When was the last time global had story characters in the friend point pool?

Hana-Bi

Yeah, that's some next level bullshit with TS Liffy getting the 6+ evo. No way in hell are we getting all the needed 6+ evos for the old legends (Shanks, Ray, ...) if all the new or newish op legends get treated like this.

4th Gear probaly is a TS Luffy rainbow captain. Like why not make the captain in the game even better...

RedBoot

Yeah, I'm guessing G4 will be a Boa or Usopp situation, just a different skillset altogether.

Still kind of wish he'd been an invasion or something else.

I guess this also kind of throws out any sort of guessing at 6+'s, since they aren't just doing characters who are behind the power curve. If they wanted Hody Jones to be the INT 6+ for whatever reason, they'll do it.

bjork

I did Drake this morning, and had more trouble with Gladius than Drake himself. But after going through all that, he doesn't seem too special. I guess not every colo character can be some awesome get.

RedBoot

Going to end up with 60 Wypers by end of day. I should be able to make a Killer farming team with him, assuming I manage to get him skilled up enough on Tuesday. Also managed to get a bunch of socket books and cotton candy in the process. My SW Ace is around 60% socketed thanks to that. Double stamina colo runs are heaven.

All but two of my CC drops have been HP. It's within the range of RNG, but sometimes I think colo stages have slightly different drop rates. :p

I did Drake this morning, and had more trouble with Gladius than Drake himself. But after going through all that, he doesn't seem too special. I guess not every colo character can be some awesome get.

Yeah, Drake's basically for Croc or maybe Whitebeard teams. Very situational. Killer's probably going to have wider usage, at least as far as this batch is concerned.

mileS

Even TS Luffy owners are like 'wtf why?'

Strange choice. That being said I wouldn't give up on some of the older legends just yet. I don't think they will leave them for much longer. I have a feeling we will get 1-2 new ones every month. Which leads into a question about how to handle skulls when you have that many on the drop table. Getting skulls is dumb enough luck as it is.

EMT0

Banned
Even TS Luffy owners are like 'wtf why?'

Strange choice. That being said I wouldn't give up on some of the older legends just yet. I don't think they will leave them for much longer. I have a feeling we will get 1-2 new ones every month. Which leads into a question about how to handle skulls when you have that many on the drop table. Getting skulls is dumb enough luck as it is.

That's true, but Bandai is content to leave us burning bars on bars on bars just to farm rainbow evolvers. I figure this is all according to their plan.

Kyou

finding myself really bored the last couple days, not really playing

hopefully we get info on Pica and Sabaody tonight

Majukun

finding myself really bored the last couple days, not really playing

hopefully we get info on Pica and Sabaody tonight

i'm using the meat rate up to farm colosseum stuff..already got 50 killer (between copies and books ) and currently have 57 drakes (those also between copies and skillbooks)..if all goes well i'll probably reach 60 by the end of the day..of 65 needed on average to max drake.

he is awesome if you have a whitebeard or croco team

Kyou

i'm using the meat rate up to farm colosseum stuff..already got 50 killer (between copies and books ) and currently have 57 drakes (those also between copies and skillbooks)..if all goes well i'll probably reach 60 by the end of the day..of 65 needed on average to max drake.
Drake and Killer aren't really doing anything for me. They're hard enough that I don't really feel like grinding them, and I'm good on the other colos. I've maxed everything in Koala that I can and Nami and Noland have absolutely nothing I need. There's not even any good 2x drops on story islands for me the last couple days.

I'll do some Enels later to see if I can get some heal on mine and maybe get a shanks or two more

Hana-Bi

Sadly I didn't have time this weekend to farm any colo. Will try to farm a bit tonight but still not sure whether Killer or Drake since I got Croc and Barto/WB...

RedBoot

Sadly I didn't have time this weekend to farm any colo. Will try to farm a bit tonight but still not sure whether Killer or Drake since I got Croc and Barto/WB...

You generally need Croc and Legend Doffy in order to make proper use of Drake on those teams, so if you only have Croc, you might prioritize Killer instead. Not sure what sorts of WB teams Drake is used on, so I can't help you there.

I'm trying to farm both (and Wyper), but I'm only looking to get Killer a handful of skill ups, since he already starts pretty low. I'm not sure if any content expects you to use him twice in one go.

mileS

Haven't touched colo since Apoo was here. Keep putting it off or making excuses. This week I wanted to focus strictly on Nami's fortnight. A perfect time to get TS Nami sockets and much needed skill ups for Ivankov. Don't mind getting Kumadori books either. I've barely wasted any natural stam from overflow this week. That plus meat snails have kept me playing pretty consistently. Been doing nothing but double stam. Sadly my drop rate for Ivankov's books are legend tier. I went the first 3 days with seeing none. Would only have them drop if Absalom was on the last stage (which is rare) Was starting to think that was the only mob they can drop from. Soon after I gathered a nice 10 books and found out that there's mob's in the middle of all the stages that can drop them as well. Put me in a better mood thinking my luck was going to turn around but here I am days later with no drops again. Hope I can hit another patch of luck and get at least 20 books in total. The runs where stock Nami books drop off the last boss are brutal.

Had a strange thing happen to me yesterday. I like to prioritize my leveling up characters with quite a bit of thought. As of lately that has been mostly Free Spirit units. I got to a point where I had nothing that useful to feed my yellow turtles/pigs. Decided to throw them on Mansherry (who was 4* at the time) and I was shocked to find that she's a Free Spirit unit at 5*. I kind of hate when units change class like that from evolving (Duval is super guilty of this, what kind of unit starts Driven and turns into Free Spirit? wtf) I usually keep up on the character database site but for some reason this one slipped through the cracks. I would have leveled her up much sooner had I known. Excited to learn that her books are coming up soon. I know this unit is going to get a ton of use in colo.

EMT0

Banned
Another day of 2x Drop on Drum Island, another day of mindless grind. Please let today be the day. Pls.

Today was the day. At last, I can now safely ignore everything before Impel Down :')

Next time Magellan is on 2x Stamina, I'm coming for him

RedBoot

Decided to throw them on Mansherry (who was 4* at the time) and I was shocked to find that she's a Free Spirit unit at 5*. I kind of hate when units change class like that from evolving (Duval is super guilty of this, what kind of unit starts Driven and turns into Free Spirit? wtf)

Actually, of all of those, I'd say Duval makes the most sense, since he has a personality change between those evolutions (and the four newer classes are all personality/life outlook focused, of sorts).

But there's plenty of weird ones out there. Both Drakes change class on evolution. Dude can't make up his mind. They do some other cool things with those too, like how Baby 5's managed to have all four of the "martial" classes through her various units.

ExVicis

The Aniversary sugo is INSANE, sadly I only have enough gems for a single multi and I Will pull on day 3
I have just enough for 2. I'm going to wait for after those two pulls before I pick the Legendary I get (I have none of them).

I'm leaning towards getting WB but there's a lot of strong arguments for getting Inthawk first.

RedBoot

Hey, I got a Red Skull! I don't have Whitebeard. :p

Plus now that I'm sitting on a red skull and a bunch of WB books, I feel like Bandai will make sure I don't pull him...

Sugo announced

not Zoro

but Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru boosted

tempting...

It's been a while since our last new batch. Japan is actually quite a few ahead. They might run into an issue later on with the Green Skull if they keep the RR batches slow but the 6+'s fast. Though I guess they could just do the Straw Hat Accomplice batch right after TS2.

Either way this feels a lot like a trap sugo. Outside of Haruta and Elizabello, I'm not super-sold on any of the RRs, either. I guess double-boosted shot at Gladius would be nice.

MANUELF

Banned
I have just enough for 2. I'm going to wait for after those two pulls before I pick the Legendary I get (I have none of them).

I'm leaning towards getting WB but there's a lot of strong arguments for getting Inthawk first.
Unless you have a red skull sitting around I Say Inthawk is the better option, his special is invaluable

Kyou

Either way this feels a lot like a trap sugo. Outside of Haruta and Elizabello, I'm not super-sold on any of the RRs, either. I guess double-boosted shot at Gladius would be nice.

It does seem trapish, but the siren calls of Akainu and Elizabello boosts.....

On another note, does anyone have any good double Shiryu teams? My first one ate shit. Shiryu/Shiryu/Raid Doffy/Legend marco/TS Nami and Usopp. Firepower was my problem so now I've swapped out Nami for Legend Mihawk and we'll see how that goes

RedBoot

It does seem trapish, but the siren calls of Akainu and Elizabello boosts.....

On another note, does anyone have any good double Shiryu teams? My first one ate shit. Shiryu/Shiryu/Raid Doffy/Legend marco/TS Nami and Usopp. Firepower was my problem so now I've swapped out Nami for Legend Mihawk and we'll see how that goes

I'm kind of hoping to do a multi on a sugo where at least one of the RRs I really need is double-boosted, and Gladius/Jil isn't too high priority for me. But then, I put a mutli and a few pulls into that time when both SW Franky and SW Luffy were double-boosted and got jack, so whatevs. I'll probably just wait for TS2.

As for Shiryu, that's actually kind of the nice thing about doing the Doffy/Shiryu combo, you get a little extra firepower. Of course, two Shiryus gives you more killshots, but I don't have him so I gotta go the cheap route.

I'm running Raid Doffy/Shiryu, Raid Mihawk, Legend Marco, Slasher Croc, and RR Fossa. It's kind of a terrible team held together by duct tape and good luck, but it works most of the time. The Fossa/Croc combo handles the Lucky Roux stage (kills two clowns, makes the others only take a hit with Marco actually able to kill the red one, and makes it easy to take out Roux in two turns), and I use Doffy/Mihawk on the Beckman stage. Ultimately this only gives me about 4-5 shots at Shiryu-ing Shanks, but I don't have TS Nami and using FN Thatch was giving me too much damage against Roux or Beckman. You can absolutely wait out the silence, but it does cut into your Shiryu attempts.

EMT0

Banned

Depends on what your other Legends are, really. Got Slasher Legends? Mihawk. Got few to no Legends, and this would let you play with Slasher teams? Probably Mihawk. Have Akainu? Whitebeard. Have Blackbeard? Then trust me, Whitebeard is jaw-droppingly good sub for him, as good as INTHawk can be too. Barto? Whitebeard. Legend Doffy? Whitebeard. Hody? Whitebeard.

Generally, I favor Whitebeard because his 6+ is absolutely incredible, even with no other Legends. Between Raid Aokiji and Kinemon/Kanjuro, life for Whitebeard is good, damn good, and his 6+ having an attack multiplier and a higher HP pool makes him way safer too, befitting a Yonko. I may also be a little biased because I just used him as a sub to destroy three forests in an evening back to back :s

jf3pVJJ.png

But on the other hand, Slashers have gotten some insane boosts in Japan recently and all of those buffs were F2P, which is the craziest part. Slashers are hands down the best F2P class in the game again, and nothing else comes close. The closest competitors are (IMO) Free Spirit and Driven but both fall before Slashers due to a lot of their strongest units being RR or Legends. Slashers are legit F2P stacked af.

TfCw5pv.png

mileS

Actually, of all of those, I'd say Duval makes the most sense, since he has a personality change between those evolutions (and the four newer classes are all personality/life outlook focused, of sorts).

But there's plenty of weird ones out there. Both Drakes change class on evolution. Dude can't make up his mind. They do some other cool things with those too, like how Baby 5's managed to have all four of the "martial" classes through her various units.

Good point lol.

Looks like a Skip-Fest for sure. Going to keep saving gems for the Sugo we are all waiting for. After that hit I think I'm going to give up pulling Sugo's for at least 6 months. It's great having enough gems for raids or colo.

Top Bottom