• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Hana-Bi

Damn, if we only could know whether our anni will be the same as the japan one. . 300 gems for 4th Gear Luffy is tempting...

Another filler sugo is really bad. I don't have any of the rate boosted legends and am missing Kingdew, Speed Jil and Sentomaru of the boosted rr units but I'll wait for the next new batch... The last new batch was Akainu almost over one and a half month ago...

RedBoot

Damn, if we only could know whether our anni will be the same as the japan one. . 300 gems for 4th Gear Luffy is tempting...

Well, we'll definitely get G4 before next year (they can't draw out the RR batches for that long...)

Also remember that outside of the double legend rate, our 2nd anni was very different from JPN's. Way too far out to predict at this point.

(We might see something similar for the French anni, if you want to start hoping for something)

bjork

Glad we're finally getting Pica. They say a legend BB team is good for this, so I'm all set for once.

I'm fully not expecting it to still be running by then. With filler sugos and people losing steam on the game over time or jumping to the JP version because the pot has been sweetened so much, they can go "look at this chart, the arrow is going down, we're only running JP servers for this game now" and that's it. Though, it seems like outside of a sugo, OPTC doesn't crack the JP top 100 grossing too often any more, so this anniversary sugo almost seems like a big final push to regain some interest.

TheShah

Double Log Luffy, intvankov, raid boa, raid doffy, and colosseum apoo. Finally cleared Enel and invasion shanks. Need boa ship or your fucked though. But damn, invasion shanks is a stressful ass run. Im not spending any gems on Enel to try and max shanks. I really hope he becomes a colosseum invasion in the future.

Hana-Bi

Well, we'll definitely get G4 before next year (they can't draw out the RR batches for that long...)

Also remember that outside of the double legend rate, our 2nd anni was very different from JPN's. Way too far out to predict at this point.

(We might see something similar for the French anni, if you want to start hoping for something)

Yeah, I think we won't get anything like the japan anni for our third anni but the french anni last year was great so we might get something good again this year. :)

I farm a bit of Enel/Shanks today. I'm using a double Shiryu team with raid Doffy, 3d2y Zoro, Inthawk and TS Nami. No Marco this time. So safer and faster runs in the earlier stages and 5 tries at Shanks. Worked so far for me and got two skulls so far (red and blue).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just saw what Japan has in store for the Anni 3 Sugo.

Fuck Me ...lol.

MiTYH

Pica hype! Finally. My Lucci teams/ some Corazon forests want him

And 3rd JPN is.. insane. I've got 100 gems on my account there, trying to finish some storymode this week to get to 150 and a guaranteed legend, plus the mail legend.... just insane. I hope Global gets this next February!

Finished my first Enel raid and got ambushed. Was using double Doffy/coffin boat so I had a ton of health, 1/2 of which I lost on the first stage. Actually made it to stage 4, which I felt great about, but knew I wasn't going to make it. Ah well

20 Enel and 6 Shanks so far. It should have been 7 but I got boned by mob cooldowns on the Lucky Roo stage on one run. I've come to completely despise that stage running my Ace team.

Which Ace team are you using?

h16DlaD.png

You could probably replace Borsalino with Heracles'n but you'll do about 300k less damage during your burst turn so keep that in mind. QCK Marco can be swapped out for anything that will give you a full heal but level 5 AH and level 3 despair are still a must.

Hana-Bi

For Doffy forest I probably run a 3d2y Sanji team with WB+, legend Lucci, legend Marco and raid Sabo. Should be able to clear the forest with some luck. :)

ExVicis

Unless you have a red skull sitting around I Say Inthawk is the better option, his special is invaluable

Depends on what your other Legends are, really. Got Slasher Legends? Mihawk. Got few to no Legends, and this would let you play with Slasher teams? Probably Mihawk. Have Akainu? Whitebeard. Have Blackbeard? Then trust me, Whitebeard is jaw-droppingly good sub for him, as good as INTHawk can be too. Barto? Whitebeard. Legend Doffy? Whitebeard. Hody? Whitebeard.

Generally, I favor Whitebeard because his 6+ is absolutely incredible, even with no other Legends. Between Raid Aokiji and Kinemon/Kanjuro, life for Whitebeard is good, damn good, and his 6+ having an attack multiplier and a higher HP pool makes him way safer too, befitting a Yonko. I may also be a little biased because I just used him as a sub to destroy three forests in an evening back to back :s

jf3pVJJ.png

But on the other hand, Slashers have gotten some insane boosts in Japan recently and all of those buffs were F2P, which is the craziest part. Slashers are hands down the best F2P class in the game again, and nothing else comes close. The closest competitors are (IMO) Free Spirit and Driven but both fall before Slashers due to a lot of their strongest units being RR or Legends. Slashers are legit F2P stacked af.

TfCw5pv.png

Well, I got started on Japan maybe two or three weeks ago so I do have some Slashers I pulled well from the intial tutorial and gem pulls (Hyouzou and Shiryu) so maybe Inthawk. I guess from a f2p perspective because of that Inthawk seems like a better choice but my box is actually pretty devoid of f2p slashers atm.

It just feels like taking a step back though when I finished my Inthawk's sockets and skillbooks on Global to get another one to do that with all over again.

The skull drop rate for the Shanks invasion seems pretty high. I currently have 3 red skulls and 2 blue sitting in my inventory and they're the kinda thing I don't think I want to risk getting rid of. I've gotten a skull in 50% of my Shanks runs.

EMT0

Banned
You guys reminded me, I wanted to clear 3D2Y under 2X Drop. I actually got pretty lucky, I got Porchemy, Bluejam, a Zoro skull, the Birdie Island bird x 2, the Longarm Tribesman x 2, and the Tequila Wolf guard x 3.

Bluejam and Porchemy are surprisingly not terrible. I doubt I'll use them much if ever, but they've each got their own niche for sure since Bluejam is the only reduced defense conditional booster in the game for DEX, Fighter, or Driven outside of Colo Miss Valentine for Fighter. Bluejam's 1.3x conditional boost is wimpy but it could see some usage on Shooter teams for Chaos stage 4s since Shooters have other useful Driven characters like Byrnndi World, Gladius, Perona, and Curiel. He's at least worth holding onto. The other three seem eh, although not bad enough to throw out. They can sit in my box, unfavorited. As for the skull, RIP me cuz I chose the Zoro skull.

RedBoot

tomorrow is skillup again but this time i only have really 2 units to level up

50 colo killer
65 colo drake

I've got:

60 Colo Wyper + 19 skillbooks
4 Colo Drake + 1 skillbook
2 Colo Killer skillbooks

If all goes well, I'll farm Killer this week and Drake on the next. Hopefully the weekly-ish skill ups will continue for a while.

(Also I have a few extra Ambush Shanks but you better believe I'm hoarding those til the skill up boost that may never come)

EMT0

Banned
My haul is:

8 Colo Coby
3 X Drake
2 Killer

16 Hajrudin
12 Kyros

17 Story Wapol
22 Story Enel

It's not a lot, but it's going to feel good to finally get rid of those story unit books. Wish I'd gotten more Coby dupes, but I was burning all of my stamina farming Wapol and Enel. I think I'll be farming 5+ Nami for the rest of today, as I'm sick of getting bad sockets from Koala/Hack.

EDIT: Nami skull on third attempt. Dope

MiTYH

I'm loving skillups every two weeks. I haven't had to trash books in.... well, since this started... 6 weeks ago?

I've just got a few units I need some skills on. Enel being one of them, I'm getting sick of stalling more for my Enel to catch up to those with Max ones.

Also have a ton for:
- Capone
- Whitebay
- Kuma Raid
- FN Hack

Also, I'm 6/7 Enel with Shanks showing up... outrageous

Hana-Bi

After 6/13 ambushes I'm at 9/26 now. Used only one gem today and with meat snails + level up I farmed today with natural stamina. My story Enel sockets are going great too, so all in all not that bad.

ExVicis

Finally, got a Skull and it's a Blue Skull so now the Hancock I have now I can super evolve. But I have only one Hancock, and I think from what I've heard and read it's better to have the original 6 star Hancock instead of just the 6+. What's the take on that?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Finally, got a Skull and it's a Blue Skull so now the Hancock I have now I can super evolve. But I have only one Hancock, and I think from what I've heard and read it's better to have the original 6 star Hancock instead of just the 6+. What's the take on that?

It's just not so cut and dry, and that's why people are a bit more indecisive when it comes to super evolving Boa over say Whitebeard or Sabo.

For all intents and purposes, Boa 6+ is a marked improvement as a captain in every way possible. Her special just has different utility than 6, and she's a Shooter not a Fighter.

So, if you use Boa as a Fighter character, and are reliant on her immediate heal upon activation, you may want to wait to superevolve. Otherwise, 6+ is pretty much better.

Ran Enel 35 times in total. Of those 35 runs, Shanks showed up 14 times. I lost 2 of them due to poor luck but 12 total Shanks isn't too bad. And somehow I wound up with 3 red and 3 blue skulls.

Whoever said Shanks was easier than YWB is a goddamn liar. The Lucky Roo wave itself is a ton of fuckery depending on the mob cool downs. Every turn you don't kill Roo is a 20% health cut and sometimes the fodder shows up on a 1 turn timer so you can't always prioritize killing Lucky Roo right away.

Maxing Shanks is going to be a slow burn over a long period of time.

ExVicis

It's just not so cut and dry, and that's why people are a bit more indecisive when it comes to super evolving Boa over say Whitebeard or Sabo.

For all intents and purposes, Boa 6+ is a marked improvement as a captain in every way possible. Her special just has different utility than 6, and she's a Shooter not a Fighter.

So, if you use Boa as a Fighter character, and are reliant on her immediate heal upon activation, you may want to wait to superevolve. Otherwise, 6+ is pretty much better.

I use her in Fighter purely because I don't have Legend Marco but then again I have PSY Marco who I think still works better in most cases than Legend Boa so I think I might evolve her, I don't have a Rainbow dragon for her ATM though so I'll think about it all the way until I have all the materials.

I think I've only seen one misguided person say this on reddit. It's pretty much universally understood that Shanks is way harder than YWB.

Someone actually said that? Shanks is rough just for the Lucky Roo-Benn Beckman turns before Shanks alone. And then you include the Despair and Special Lock Shanks does along with constant Haki clears? I have no idea what kind of team you have to run for YWB to be easier than that.

Skeelups:

Enel: 4/21 = level 14 + socket maxed
Kuma: 8/18 = MAX (3/3/3 sockets)
Lola: 4/26 = MAX
5+ nami: 1/16 = max

Surprised I ended up maxing Kuma before Enel, as I started properly farming Kuma only super recently; but here we are!

Majukun

2 characters, 2 completely different experiences... killer maxxed way before the average and with a 4/5 to boot... Drake instead went -3 below the average... and i Didn't even max his sockets, with autoheal being the most common by a mile, in the one unit that doesn't use it....

so I still need at least 15 drakes after all...

Hana-Bi

Won't skill up my Shanks until we probably never get the skill up increase. And now we get a maintenance and it's for the price increase, lol...

MiTYH

2/6 Kuma
2/8 Enel
MAX Capone
3/9 Whitey Bay

Those were the main 4 I had skillups for. Kuma's finally in decent range (17) while Enel remains the bane of my existence at 21 turns now.

1 away from max on Killer and 2 away from max on Drake. I didn't count totals but I think I under performed on both. Sockets were a complete shit show.

Shanks went 3/12 which is not great but acceptable.

I got a new phone. Now this game feels a bit laggy and I can't G3 reliably anymore. Maybe I should just transfer it back to my old phone and play it there...

MiTYH

Man, I forgot how much I hate farming story characters. I'm a bit bored/done with current FNs so I'm taking to the last few storymodes to clear up my missing ones. So far, almost the entire 180 stamina gone trying to get Aokiji from Oris Plaza. At least these stages are quick and easy. Hoping to get a free stamina refill too but... man, just annoying RNG even with double drop.

Got some cotton candy and lobsters though, which is always nice

EDIT: I've also been playing a bit more of my JPN account to get it ready for the 3rd Anniversary. Story mode was basically untouched (only logged in, did random pulls, etc), so I beat my way to Upper Yard for 150 gems.

Still not 100% on which day I'm pulling but I'm leaning more towards Day 1. My legends include LogLuffy, Barto, Ace, BlackBeard, Doffy, Law, and Jinbe. With all that, Day1 I think it the way to go. I really want Fuji, but I'll "settle" for any of these rated up ones. Only downside is it's TEQ rateup of which I've got two already, so... fingers crossed on that.

Serisouly, everything in the JPN 3rd anniversary is so amazing. The sanji lobster island? I got Elezibetho from level 1 to 93 with a single gold lobster exp (super success).

EMT0

Banned
Man, I forgot how much I hate farming story characters. I'm a bit bored/done with current FNs so I'm taking to the last few storymodes to clear up my missing ones. So far, almost the entire 180 stamina gone trying to get Aokiji from Oris Plaza. At least these stages are quick and easy. Hoping to get a free stamina refill too but... man, just annoying RNG even with double drop.

Got some cotton candy and lobsters though, which is always nice

Farming story units is like
hqdefault.jpg

I maxed out Story Enel, Kyros, Hajrudin, and went 4/15 on Wapol, only need 2 more skillups on him. I got zero skillups between my 5 books for Killer and X Drake, but Coby was very generous, went 4/8 and got him at 4 from max.

mileS

My results for today.

Thunderbolt Tempo Nami: 5/22 (max now. Will eventually evolve to 5+ when I get a skull. No rush at all because I don't know when I'd actually use her anyway.)
Kumadori: 3/17
Ivankov: 5/16 (this is the one I wanted maxed the most this go around. I went 4/5 the first 5 books I fed him, then 2/5. Maxed out now :) was worried because the drop rate on his books seemed terrrrrible for running this fortnight as much as I have. Now I can't wait for the raid to come back so I can work on sockets. He already has 69 rcv candy on him too!)

Majukun

damn didn't realize until now how much it pisses me off that drake went -3 under the average..i hate that stage and now i have to farm 15 copies more :/

RedBoot

Max skilled and socketed Colo Wyper (damn well better with 60+19 copies). Now to wait til tomorrow to see how well my Killer farming team works.

Went 2 of 5 with Drake, which is a nice start, and 2 of 2 with Saint Sharlia because of course I did.

I think I've gone something like 1 of 15 with FN Hack through the last two weeks, which isn't that big of a deal since he's generally for Sengoku teams and thus starts out with a usable CD, but I would have liked a little more than that. Also just realized I haven't seen the secret Sabo stage at all through all my runs of the FN.

bjork

Did the daily turtle runs and that's it. I fed like six Barto books and got nothing for it, so I'm good for now.

Hoping for better results from the WB3 fortnight. Looking to finish sockets on at least Whitey Bay, but her/Squard/Decalvans are almost socketed anyway from dupes, so it might not be too much trouble.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
With the new legend Sanji, they're introducing Captain Actions. It looks like these abilities are enabled by swiping down on the Special instead of up if they're captain.

Sanji's allows him to fly off screen for a turn to avoid debuffs.

mileS

I can't seem to gather if G4 is fighter AND free spirit for both captain passive and special. Had to read people translating it on Reddit 3-4 times and still don't understand. Been a long day lol.

Top Bottom