• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Fighter went well, although it's comparatively slow to Striker for me. I got 6 copies from that, and so I have 13 copies so far and went 3/12. So already 1/3rd of the way there, although that wasn't actually my worry about Doffy. I'm actually more concerned about the Chopperman missions which I should be fine for both Striker and Fighter assuming I don't bungle it. Now to try Cerebral which I'm somewhat concerned about...don't ask me how I managed to get Lv. 4 autoheal on a Croc team, I'm still confused right now.

EDIT: 5 copies from the Cerebral variant, but I died twice. So it's tied with Striker for me in speed but it's a hell of a lot more dangerous than Striker is on the boss stage. Par the course for Croc teams. At least I went 2/5 on it, meaning I only need 4 more skillups to finish Doffy. The Chopperman rewards though...I'm gonna keep on grinding away at Cerebral no matter what. And at this rate, I'll probably have a second INT Doffy done too by the time this is over.

bobohoro

Skill-ups went somewhat okay, ~ 21% in total.

Some positive ones:

Maxed Pica with 2/5, 3 copies left over for RP
Leg Lucci went 3 out of 7, so only 2 skill-ups left
YWB went 2 out of 6 which is better than last time at least

Negatives:

Aokiji went 3 out of 19, putting him at a grand total of 4 skill-ups out of around 50 copies.
1 out of 9 for G-5 Tashigi

My second QCK Mihawk as well as Colo Killer got decent sockts but below standard skill-ups.

On to Neo Doffy and my slightly fun fighter team.

ef4go7k.png

While FN Namule is a character I actually use quite a bit, FN Blueno makes his debut and it's a job well done. Runs take about 20 turns, so the alternative of subbing in TS Chopper to get rid of the damage reduction shield isn't that attractive. Can get around 6 to 7 runs in, but I have a surprising lack of good Lucci friends. Still, that's fighter taken care of, 30 runs for the CM missions should easily be doable.

For Cerebral I will probably run a Double Tesoro team with FN Thatch as a sub for the heal. Should do the job.

Not sure about striker. There is a tanky Aokiji/G-5 plus WB+ FC combo I could do, but stalling 29 turns doesn't sound fun. Have to look around a bit more for a team there.

EMT0

Banned
i'm using that eam,but it's really stressful..you need a nearly perfect burst to finish the raid..you miss that,you are dead..after cruising with a fuji team for so long,i'm not used to this kind of runs anymore :(

Right? It sucks, but it must be done :(

MiTYH

Question -- is everyone Gemming for these? If so, how much?

I ask because while I like Neo Doffy, I'm currently teambuilding and doing natural stamina. I know the rewards are nice, but until I know I can beat them steadily I won't even think to gem for them. And even then, I figure they'll eventually come back, and you certainly don't need to socket them fully now. Only a few turns is necessary to get a usable Doffy. So is it just the rewards then?

Just curious

Majukun

Question -- is everyone Gemming for these? If so, how much?

I ask because while I like Neo Doffy, I'm currently teambuilding and doing natural stamina. I know the rewards are nice, but until I know I can beat them steadily I won't even think to gem for them. And even then, I figure they'll eventually come back, and you certainly don't need to socket them fully now. Only a few turns is necessary to get a usable Doffy. So is it just the rewards then?

Just curious

i'm gemming as long as i have time left

to get to the final misison you need to average more than 4 copies (per stage) every day, which means 240 stamina x 3 minimum

will he return?maybe,but as of now none of the neo raids returned on japan,and this doffy will make a fine addiction to my driven team

also,i need those universal skillbooks for invasion shanks,or i'll never finish him.

Hana-Bi

Okay, seems like I have the perfect teams for every class against Doffy. Got 27 copies so far and got 5 skill ups (my first five copies got me three skill ups and the next over twenty only two more... oh well).

Got three copies from 40 stamina, 9 from the striker event, 10 from cerebral, 7 from fighter (could have been 8 but I failed once).

My teams for the different classes were:

Striker: WB+, raid Aokiji, Rakuyo, Squard, Doc Q
Cerebral: Croc, legend Doffy, Heracles, TS Nami, 3d2y Robin
Fighter: Jinbe, raid Sabo, Senor Pink, Don Sai, Kalifa

Majukun

Okay, seems like I have the perfect teams for every class against Doffy. Got 27 copies so far and got 5 skill ups (my first five copies got me three skill ups and the next over twenty only two more... oh well).

Got three copies from 40 stamina, 9 from the striker event, 10 from cerebral, 7 from fighter (could have been 8 but I failed once).

My teams for the different classes were:

Striker: WB+, raid Aokiji, Rakuyo, Squard, Doc Q
Cerebral: Croc, legend Doffy, Heracles, TS Nami, 3d2y Robin
Fighter: Jinbe, raid Sabo, Senor Pink, Don Sai, Kalifa

if you have egend doffy you might as well bring colo hawkins instead of heracles'n

ExVicis

Well I guess people were right about TS Luffy teams being pretty much fine. I was running that team with Senor Pink, Koala, Intvankov and Sabo and I was doing the Fighter stage with 0 problems. And that's with no Sabo special, I was relying purely on just Luffy, Koala and Senor Pink's specials for damage.

Now I just have to do the same for Cerebral somehow. Should be fine with Whitebeard for Strikers I think (even if it's not 6+).

Kyou

I haven't seen much info on the 40 stamina version. Anything alarming there or should a decently strong team take it out?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
okay, got 6 copies from fighters, 3 copies from 40 stamina.

Now for cerebral and strikers....

I have Doffy, Sabo, and Rayleigh legends..... Hrm....

RedBoot

i'm using that eam,but it's really stressful..you need a nearly perfect burst to finish the raid..you miss that,you are dead..after cruising with a fuji team for so long,i'm not used to this kind of runs anymore :(

It allows for a couple Greats, at least. Nowadays that's all I can ask for. :)

So I can manage 6 copies from each, maybe 7 from Strikers. Shouldn't have any issues hitting 30 for each.

Got ridiculous luck on Doffy's skill ups, with 2/5, 3/5, and 2/5 (and a 0/4). So he's only two from max with 3/4/1 Bind/CD/AH. I might end up making two.

mileS

Was in a good mood until I went 1/10 on Neo Doffy skill ups. This is just a really really bad skill up event for me luck wise. The superstitious part of me might hold on to the rest of my copies I get all week, save em' for the next one.

Good to know TS Luffy can clear him no problem despite not using WB or Boa's ship. It seems like I could easily get away with not bringing S.pink as well. The only requirements that I can see is at least a 16turn cd on Ivankov and around 17-18 for Sabo. I'm finding this easier than normal Doffy at this point. I will continue with Fighter only. No idea if I'll get enough to max him once this is all over but we'll see.

MiTYH

Found a safe team for Cerebral:

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,1163:99,690:99C13,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R9S100H

Sunny ship could be better but it works. Stalling is effortless, AH 4 for me.
Turn 1, just attack the bottom right one
Turn 2, use Kimono Nami, but paralysis stinks so do what you can.
Turn 3, Tesoro/Momonga/Breed, KO right and do damage to left.
Turn 4, sengoku and KO the left, or tank a hit, he doesn't hurt that much. KO on the last turn if needed

Very safe

GaimeGuy

Yuck, Cerebral was 2/7 on runs. Had a phone call during my striker runs so I only got 3 in - 1 for 3.

... Shit.

RedBoot

Finally some time to sit down and finish up my Doffy ru-oh great maintenance in 10 minutes cool

Luckily it's only an hour, so you can still do today's runs afterward if you have time.

But yeah, kind of an odd time to do a maintenance. At least we get a gem out of it.

mileS

Found a safe team for Cerebral:

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,1163:99,690:99C13,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R9S100H

Sunny ship could be better but it works. Stalling is effortless, AH 4 for me.
Turn 1, just attack the bottom right one
Turn 2, use Kimono Nami, but paralysis stinks so do what you can.
Turn 3, Tesoro/Momonga/Breed, KO right and do damage to left.
Turn 4, sengoku and KO the left, or tank a hit, he doesn't hurt that much. KO on the last turn if needed

Very safe
This is awesome. I really need to go hard on Buster Call next time its here. For a long time Sengoku user, it's criminal for me not to have Momonga. I always avoided them for some reason. I stopped using Sengoku for anything but fortnights when I got Blackbeard and TS Luffy. Just evolved my new RR Onigumo as well, he is going to be a beast when I socket him. Cool to have a raid to look forward to that gives me more than one thing. It's just my luck that my urge to do it is literally days after it just came back lol.

Kyou

The Killer/WB6+ team works really well for striker. Colo Killer/WB6+, FN Kaku, Colo Hawkins, Young Whitebeard, Raid Aokiji. Gotta hit perfects but it's consistent.

Now to put together a fighter team but it seems like Don Sai is the lynchpin or the Jinbei team and I don't have him.

edit: 70 million downloads celebration incoming. Makes pulling on this sugo an even dicier proposition

EMT0

Banned
Everybody, hold your horses on tomorrow's Sugofest. Bandai's been kind enough to drop some interesting news for us. 'To celebrate, we have some fantastic events coming soon!' Boys and girls, I smell Gear 4th coming :)
pls

EDIT: We were also promised a 20th Anniversary event in the near future a while back...aww yiss. Definitely not pulling now.

RedBoot

If I get TS Nami with one of the free pulls, I might be able to resist...

I mean, I was only planning a single multi, and I can probably "afford" that...unless some sort of special sugo/G4 multipull bonus is only a couple weeks away. Would they really give us that before Shirahoshi, Usopp, and Dogstorm?

Oh wait, yeah, this is Global. They'll give us G4 in a week and Sabo 6+ next April.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I managed to clear Neo Doffy Cereal stage with a Tesoro team.

Today I'm gonna try Striker.

My only issue is that my Aokiji has a 25cd and I don't think he can be replaced or that I could stall that long.

Otherwise I have non 6*+ WB at 22CD, Squardo/DocQ/Leo/Mansherry/TSNami/ColoKiller/IntSabo at max skill.

Ship wise I have both Thousands Sunnys and WB ship but not Aokijis.

Doffy farming went really well. Got 9 copies from both striker and fighters. Only got 7 from cerebral, should have been 8 but I forgot to activate my FC Croc special during a burst turn. I was using the cerebral dream team but instead of 6* Croc I was using Momonga as my captain since I lack Croc. The extra PSY unit made up for Momonga's weaker CA and special boost but I think I'm going to try out this team tomorrow. The only thing that could go wrong is being unable to farm a PSY orb on your Goku captain but it shouldn't be too much of a problem with the Red Force and lvl 2 orbs.

With the skill up event I finally skill maxed my YWB with 4 skill ups on 6 copies. I got pretty lucky but it makes up for the 0/5 the game gave me when he was active during the last skill up event. Maxed Tashigi, Blenhiem, and Toy Soldier too.

GaimeGuy

I managed to clear Neo Doffy Cereal stage with a Tesoro team.

Today I'm gonna try Striker.

My only issue is that my Aokiji has a 25cd and I don't think he can be replaced or that I could stall that long.

Otherwise I have non 6*+ WB at 22CD, Squardo/DocQ/Leo/Mansherry/TSNami/ColoKiller/IntSabo at max skill.

Ship wise I have both Thousands Sunnys and WB ship but not Aokijis.

Do you have G5 Smoker? You could always make Aokiji your captain for the extra HP (for stalling), then on the boss stage, use Smoker's special/

TheShah

I got RR Tsuru from the free pulls and only just realized her crewmate ability cures paralysis for the whole crew. Also why is her special so broken. Its like popping 5 Log Luffy specials with a sengoku special on top of it.

I can only get 5 runs of Doffy in 30 minutes though, so getting 90 clears is gonna be tough. I'm also just gemming if I fuck up and die cause I think those almighty manuals and auto heal sockets are worth it. Gonna have to fight the urge to pull during the Sugo.

MiTYH

Everybody, hold your horses on tomorrow's Sugofest. Bandai's been kind enough to drop some interesting news for us. 'To celebrate, we have some fantastic events coming soon!' Boys and girls, I smell Gear 4th coming :)
pls

If this isn't guaranteed legend after 3 multis, I'll eat my hat

And I like my hat

Majukun

guys not every celebration is sugofest related..i think japan "just" got a raffle out of the 70 mln celebration

I still suggest to do a couple of multipulls tomorrow..all gold is rare on global, like,really rare.

cw_sasuke

Do you have G5 Smoker? You could always make Aokiji your captain for the extra HP (for stalling), then on the boss stage, use Smoker's special/

I actually have G5 - he isnt leveled or anything but thats def. a possibility. I only need a single clear anyway and wont farm Doffy.

Will give this a shot later - sadly i dont have the exp to level up Smoker and Aokiji a bit more...but welp.

linkent

I actually have G5 - he isnt leveled or anything but thats def. a possibility. I only need a single clear anyway and wont farm Doffy.

Will give this a shot later - sadly i dont have the exp to level up Smoker and Aokiji a bit more...but welp.

If that team doesnt work, try the old Jozu method. use MT Nami.

Stall as much as you can on all stage.
should be able to get 21turns of stalling.
https://youtu.be/V8cra8V1PcE

Use all special except Nami on Boss.
Kill top doffy, Kill Bottom Doffy.
In case you can kill on time.
Use Nami to block 1 INT damage.

RedBoot

Well, it looks like Global's next colo batch is Chinjao, Kuro, and Miss Valentine, aka like ten colos ahead of where we are now. :p

I actually totally approve of them skipping around a bit on colo order, if only because Global missing out on some later colo units is really hurting us on some content compared to JPN. I just wish they'd went to Kinemon and Kanjuro instead. Though surprisingly this entire batch features bosses that Global already has, so that might have been why they picked it (edit: Actually, so does Kinemon, Kanjuro, and basically every 50stam boss before Chinjao except for Diamante. So much for that theory).

But yeah, this will be rough. Kuro's a nice unit though, hopefully he'll be a little easier.

(I also think this is going to solidify my restraint against pulling tonight. Global's been too unpredictable lately, I either want to hoard for new legends or just make sure I have enough gems to farm stuff)

bjork

Got past the 40 stamina with a Barto striker team, but I haven't tried to tackle any of the 60s yet. Might not have time today either, so I hope this returns at some point. I got my one copy, so there's that, but 0 skill ups mean he's basically useless for now.

cw_sasuke

If that team doesnt work, try the old Jozu method. use MT Nami.

Stall as much as you can on all stage.
should be able to get 21turns of stalling.
https://youtu.be/V8cra8V1PcE

Use all special except Nami on Boss.
Kill top doffy, Kill Bottom Doffy.
In case you can kill on time.
Use Nami to block 1 INT damage.

Thanks, probably would have worked out as well...i ended up clearing it with this setup.
Was very safe...stalling +25 turns wasnt an issue with DoQ crew ability and Mansherrys skill.

Only Fighter left to clear...will try that tomorrow. After that ill try to get some copies on the Ceberal stage before the event is over.

MiTYH

(I also think this is going to solidify my restraint against pulling tonight. Global's been too unpredictable lately, I either want to hoard for new legends or just make sure I have enough gems to farm stuff)

Honestly, unless you really need some RRs, with the free pulls we're getting, that'll be enough to satisfy me this sugo. I'm close to 150, and I need legends to get some diversity on my teams

EDIT: Went 1/3 on my cerebral run, probably should have hemmed but... I'll wait till another day, maybe this weekend. Still need to figure out the other two teams, but Cerebral is my easiest.
Total makes it 1/9 I think. Bleh. Sockets are mixed, 4 despair, 1 AH, and 2 map

EMT0

Banned
And there it is...in 5 Lucci books, I got what'd previously taken me 32 books to get...2 skillups. See guys...things are getting better....

giphy.gif

It hurts

EDIT: I was joking around about Gear 4th last night but knowing that Colo Don Chinjao is coming along with Colo Miss Valentine? I've got a new conspiracy theory for you all that I actually buy into. What comes after Colo Chinjao in JP? Colo Ideo, the holy grail of Fighter. Colo Miss Valentine, Colo Chinjao, and Colo Ideo are all massive boosts to Fighter. Now, what's the only Legend in the near future that's a massive boost to Fighter? Young Jinbe Gear 4th. I'm not pulling today anymore. I'm riding this conspiracy all the way to the end of the week because it'll keep my gems in my pocket.

bobohoro

Did the stupid thing an threw two gems away on my striker run because I was already 40 turns deep and forgot about him starting to heal.
But I whittled him down!
Probably won't be going for those striker rewards though. My Aokiji is still at a CD of 29, so it's a pain.

My Doffy is already at a CD of 18, so that's fine. But I wanted to get him B/D/AH, no Bind sockets though and 3 orb sockets, so I'll make him CD/AH/O instead. Getting all rewards will make me max another one anyway down the line.

Still unsure about sugo tomorrow, but the prospect of a bigger sugo with the next batch as well is kinda making me less likely to multi-pull.

RedBoot

Honestly, unless you really need some RRs, with the free pulls we're getting, that'll be enough to satisfy me this sugo. I'm close to 150, and I need legends to get some diversity on my teams

Yeah, that's another solid reason. I'd love to pull TS Nami, Zeo, or Haruta, but I have over half of the boosted RRs, and even several of the limited legend pool. It's absolutely a good sugo, but it's not weighed favorably for my own inventory.

It'll still be weird to hold back on an all-gold sugo tho. But I shall hold fast to the 6-multi G4 dream...even though Bamco rarely gives Global the same thing as JPN...

Majukun

i'm a bit behind with the cerebral copies..only 8 in 2 days..too many mistakes..the other 2 are at 11 and 12...
my copy of doffy is -1 from max but i'm still 4/3/3 with sockets

Hana-Bi

I'm at 15/18/18 for fighter/cerebral/striker. Cerebral could have been 20 by now, but I didn't want to gem for two more rounds.

Kyou

I am in no way hitting any of the 30 wins. Maybe next time.

These raids feel almost maliciously designed to expose the gaps in my roster

GaimeGuy

I have no idea how to beat the striker version.

I don't have Doc Q, WB, or Barto.

mileS

The game is giving me no good luck at all this skill up. It's as if it knows I can only do the fighter version of Neo Doffy.. so it's going to be as bullshit as possible with skill ups. Can't catch a break. At least with Mihawk I could do 2 out of the 3 and brute force the skill ups. Still managed to hit a streak with him that was 0/30. Please let me finish Doffy by the time the event ends.. Please game.

Free pulls.
1)Kalifa (dupe)
2)Don Chin Jao
3)Zeo

Let's fucking goooooooo. So happy with those last 2 pulls. Damn. That is excellent. My Blackbeard is laughing right now.

Top Bottom