• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

2/7 on my free spirit runs of Neo Aokiji. Brings him down to level 8 (19 turns). That's damn-near usable! Sockets are decent too, 5Bind, 4 Despair, 3 AH. One more day tomorrow I believe, maybe I can get him down to 17, which would be ideal. He's already leagues above INT Aokiji, which is great

RedBoot

Yeah, I think I'm going to grab Wild Sanji as well. I have enough right now for him and the Dutchman, so if any new character or ship gets announced in JPN soon, I'll likely be able to save up for it by the time it reaches Global. The Corazon that comes up after Sanji is nice too, but Sanji's probably the better pick of the two.

One thing I saw mentioned on Reddit that I hadn't realized is that you can put Wild Sanji on teams using the Moby Dick and heal up most of the lost health on turn 1 with his meat-giving sailor ability. Probably most useful for Akainu teams.

MiTYH

One thing I saw mentioned on Reddit that I hadn't realized is that you can put Wild Sanji on teams using the Moby Dick and heal up most of the lost health on turn 1 with his meat-giving sailor ability. Probably most useful for Akainu teams.

Hunh. I didn't think of that. Pretty smart, I like it.

So they just need to put out the guaranteed legend sometime in the next two months, and I'll get Sanji. Otherwise... RIP wallet cause i'll probably get him anyway?

EDIT: Tashigi, why you gotta be like this? I'm building G5 Tashigi as an addition booster, since her sockets are 5 Charge Special, 5 Slot rate, 5 Damage reduction... and 2 AH. Arguably the one I wanted the most.

bobohoro

I'm not so sure about Wild Sanji anymore, mainly because PH teams already have 3D2Y Sanji as essential and my main STR lead is TS Sanji. Right now that would only leave Slasher teams. But oh well, he does so many things and is such a good sub on a couple of legends (which I will pull someday) that I might as well get him. Besides Wild Sanji and the Flying dutchman I have nothing I'm interested in on the RayShop anyway, and I'm at ~13k RP without selling my dupe Lucci.

Messed around with Chopper raid today, mainly to see if I can get a double Haruta team to run through him. Was rather easy with RaidSabo/GPU/INTDoffy/QCKHawk, but duplicating fodder units is never fun. Still got another couple of sockets for my QCK TS Chopper, which felt like a bigger payoff than not getting any useful drops out of 5 Tashigi runs. And I need roughly half the drops from there, so meh.

Kyou

Wild Sanji is a no brainer for me. He'll go so so good on a Legend Zoro team.

Edit: also Smoker is maxed and two more levels to go on Kuzan. The race is on!

EMT0

Banned
I'm not so sure about Wild Sanji anymore, mainly because PH teams already have 3D2Y Sanji as essential and my main STR lead is TS Sanji. Right now that would only leave Slasher teams. But oh well, he does so many things and is such a good sub on a couple of legends (which I will pull someday) that I might as well get him. Besides Wild Sanji and the Flying dutchman I have nothing I'm interested in on the RayShop anyway, and I'm at ~13k RP without selling my dupe Lucci.

Messed around with Chopper raid today, mainly to see if I can get a double Haruta team to run through him. Was rather easy with RaidSabo/GPU/INTDoffy/QCKHawk, but duplicating fodder units is never fun. Still got another couple of sockets for my QCK TS Chopper, which felt like a bigger payoff than not getting any useful drops out of 5 Tashigi runs. And I need roughly half the drops from there, so meh.

The next story island should contain Story Hody so soon, we'll have a LOT more diversity for class boosting and will be able to give 3D2Y Sanji a break.

I decided to spend today's stamina farming Story Violet(RIP Kuzan books) and so far, I'm 1/10. RNG be kind, so that I may never run this stage again. No idea why Bandai didn't give us double stamina for this .___.

Majukun

ended up getting 2 swimsuit luffy with the last stamina bar..also got a skillup from that single surplus copy

tomorrow is time for baby seahorses and maybe another couple runs at tashigi's fn for sockets,and then it's another event...gonna spend a good amount of gems farming those, i need sabo books and shiliew ones

EMT0

Banned
Got Violet to 17 off of natural stamina plus two meat refills. I'ma try to get her down to max tomorrow, as annoying of a grind as her stage is.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
3rd time getting gems from snails.

Lotto ticket where you at

2017-08-2920_25_40-nosrjm4.png

ExVicis

Finally finished all the Aokiji Chopper missions! Finally! So now I have 10 almighty books and I need to figure out who to use them on. TS Luffy, Qck Law or Ambush Shanks.

I my last ones on Shanks which I wasn't sure if it was the best idea but it did bring his CD down to a rough if somewhat usable level so I'm wondering if I should try to finish that off or just switch to the newer legends that wont' see skillbooks for quite a while.

Majukun

Finally finished all the Aokiji Chopper missions! Finally! So now I have 10 almighty books and I need to figure out who to use them on. TS Luffy, Qck Law or Ambush Shanks.

I my last ones on Shanks which I wasn't sure if it was the best idea but it did bring his CD down to a rough if somewhat usable level so I'm wondering if I should try to finish that off or just switch to the newer legends that wont' see skillbooks for quite a while.

eh,no bad choice really

- TS luffy is OP, and if the rest of the team is up to speed,making him faster makes it ...OPier?

- QCk law will not see books for a long,long,LONG time probably, so it's a good choice

- shanks is entirely luck based so it really depends on how easily you can farm him and how often you get an invasion, but it's not a bad choice anyway..used 5 books on him..too bad i got 0 skillup,but that's just me.

Kyou

Me: Okay tonight's the night. I gotta beat the two Aokiji's I havent and try to get the last books I need for Kuzan's special
Phone: Hey what up *dies*
Me: Cool

MiTYH

Helllll yeaaaaahh. Two free stamina refills, and G5 Tashigi is maxed. An aux socket build with AH, Charge Special, Orb Boost, and Damage reduction. She's still 3 skillup away but I'll wait for the next FN, 18 is a reasonable turn when IntHawk is 19.

Me: Okay tonight's the night. I gotta beat the two Aokiji's I havent and try to get the last books I need for Kuzan's special
Phone: Hey what up *dies*
Me: Cool

Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully you've got a good backup linked!

Kyou

Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully you've got a good backup linked!
I've been through this before, my last phone(Nexus 5) died to boot loop just like my current one (Nexus 6p) did in under a year. I've got hella SMS backup.

also never buying a Nexus/Google branded phone ever again

ExVicis

eh,no bad choice really

- TS luffy is OP, and if the rest of the team is up to speed,making him faster makes it ...OPier?

- QCk law will not see books for a long,long,LONG time probably, so it's a good choice

- shanks is entirely luck based so it really depends on how easily you can farm him and how often you get an invasion, but it's not a bad choice anyway..used 5 books on him..too bad i got 0 skillup,but that's just me.

Yeah it's a tough decision but I'm leaning towards Law just for exactly what you said. Japan hasn't even gotten those books right? Who knows when he'll get them released and where.

TS Luffy also has a while before his books too but it's at least in a FN that has hit Japan already.

RedBoot

Kimono Croc is kind of fun. Mr. 3 lowers DEX/QCK orb rates and Croc lowers PSY/INT attack, so only STR makes it through unscathed, though the stage has a lot of QCK enemies and Mr. 3 himself is QCK. Best bet seems to be a QCK team that can provide its own orbs, or a STR team that can overpower Mr. 3 somehow (Read: Akainu).

I think our next skill up is actually tomorrow, for a few days, so I'll probably focus on Sengoku FN first for Shiryu books. I want as many levels as possible before the next round of Shanks.

MiTYH

Yeaaaaah Sengoku time! Time to finally quad-max my Legend Sengoku. Although at this point I don't really need that many sockets. 3 Bind/5 Despair/5 Charge special/ 4AH /2 Socket. So 5 total sockets needed.

That FN only has Senior Pink that I really need, so hopefully I won't have to run it that long. Wish I had Shiryu though...

Kimono Croc has even less books I care about, which stinks. Not sure where I'll be spending my time, ironically now is the perfect time for a Neo Raid, unlike last week when I was split between that and FNs. I may actually spend some time going at Breed again, he's a few levels away for max, and is wonders on a Sengoku team

Also, fed my last 5 NeoAokiji from yesterday, got 0 skillups. Sockets almost finished (5b/5d/3ah), but special at a usable but disappointing 19 turns

EDIT: Sengoku teambuilding worked well

Inthawk/Inthawk
NeoDoffy/Slasherdile
3d2y Brook/Whitey Bay

Brook/Bay work well together, delaying and giving a nice boost. NeoDoffy for the regular boost, Inthawk for the quick finish. Slasherdile is filler since his special get sealed, but at that point it doesn't really matter much

For Kimono, I just took my dream slasher team in:

Inthawk/Inthawk
RaidDoffy/3d2y Zoro
SW Shanks/G5 Tashigi

1000 AH means no worry about not having meat. Mr3 goes down easily. Then on Kimono, using doffy/zoro is enough to do 3/4 damage normally, Inthawks take care of the rest

Thanks ODA that x2 stamina is out for these new ones. It was painful running TashigiSmoker last week at 30 per run.

Majukun

it's me or croco fn drops are absolutely horrible?
i spent already a couple stamina bars and i haven't got a single sabo or thatch book, not one

bjork

Because I play too casually, every single FN this week has stuff I could use. Maybe it's time to knuckle down and grind away for real, it's been ages since I did it last.

Kyou

this is a great week for 2x stamina to start considering I'm playing on a junky old phone. Playing for an ~hour last night just doing Sengoku runs took 70% of the battery down.

Related question, does anyone know if there's any limits on SMS transferring? I remember back with transfer codes there was some kind of seven day limit between transfers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Because I play too casually, every single FN this week has stuff I could use. Maybe it's time to knuckle down and grind away for real, it's been ages since I did it last.

What do you need ? I would try to focus on Legend skillbooks if you need any of the featured ones.

For me ? Honestly there isnt much from any FN i need. I might farm just SHiryu books if ever pull him.

Majukun

this is a great week for 2x stamina to start considering I'm playing on a junky old phone. Playing for an ~hour last night just doing Sengoku runs took 70% of the battery down.

Related question, does anyone know if there's any limits on SMS transferring? I remember back with transfer codes there was some kind of seven day limit between transfers.

no,sns should be forever..the point itself oif its introduciton was to make something that will save your game forever

by the way..another bar of stamina,finally i have enough to try a skillup..my sabo goes 0/5

fuck this game..i'm tempted to use the almighty books

Kyou

no,sns should be forever..the point itself oif its introduciton was to make something that will save your game forever

By limit I meant on frequent uses. I know with the codes it would stop you from transferring the account too often so I was wondering if the SMS transfer had any of the same restrictions. Just curious if I'm stuck on the shitty phone for a few days or if I could jump ship right away if I get a new phone tonight.

bjork

What do you need ? I would try to focus on Legend skillbooks if you need any of the featured ones.

For me ? Honestly there isnt much from any FN i need. I might farm just SHiryu books if ever pull him.

Croc FN: Sabo books (he's currently 19 turns), sockets for Dex Croc (and probably Striker Croc if I get time)
Sengoku: Books for Doflamingo (currently 20 turns) Senor Pink/Shiryu, plus my Sengoku has like 2 sockets.
Takoyaki FN: Books for Rayleigh (currently 23) and Apoo (currently 16)
Breed: Ace books (currently 19), Breed dupes
Rumbar: Cora books (currently 21), TS Brook sockets

Out of those, I'd probably like to get Doflamingo's skill done the most, but finishing Ace's is close. Every time any of this stuff has shown up before, I've slacked.

ExVicis

I went with Qck Law for the almighty....2/10. Eeeeeeh that's not great but at least it wasn't nothing. Also 18 is way more reasonable as a CD than 20.

EMT0

Banned
I'm running the Rumbar FN with a Neptune FS team....it's sooooo goood lol. I'm at level 350 and I got through half a level in two stamina bars. I can't wait until the Dutchman. ATM I'm racking up 25k exp per 60 stamina :)
EDIT: 8 Corazon books, 0 Dellinger books or FN Brook. While I do need Corazon books, guess who I came to farm for

bjork

Got the rumbar ranking on try #1

Ray/Ray
INT Mihawk/Dex Doflamingo
GPU/V1 Robin

burst round 4, done deal

also got 2 corazon books, booyah

EMT0

Banned
Sooo I'm guessing we didn't get all the rewards for the summer girl event? That's a bummer. I wanted Vivi. :(

I did my part, I just did my feeding and got Summer Violet 1 from max :s But speaking of skillups...these are some good results. I went 3/8 on Corazon(1 from max), 1/2 on Dellinger(1 from max), and went 4/8 on Yorki. If only there was a Sugofest right now to yolopull Akainu with this luck :s

I think my plans for this week are to max out Dellinger/Blue Gilly and maybe Corazon, then go HAM on Breed until he goes away. Not sure if I'll gem for him or not, but since my Ace only has 1 skillup, it's awfully tempting. Next week can be dedicated to farming Sabo books and Croc/Sengoku sockets.

RedBoot

LOL at Kaiser Mustache. Apparently that's what the anime calls him, but one of the data books identifies him as Stainless.

Just another one of those weird naming things. I'm kind of glad they went with Shiryu and Bon Clay, even though Shiliew and Bon Kurei are "correct."

I needed 1 skill up to max my Corazon. I did one 30 stamina run of the Rumbar Pirates FN and got a Corazon book drop. Fed that book and got a skill up out of it. I guess it's only fair when I went 0 for 15 trying to get that last skill up during my initial attempt at maxing him.

A couple random thoughts:

You can blame me for not getting the rewards on the Summer Girls event. I just ran them for one copy and that was it. Bonney is garbage and Violet is okay but the only instance she'll be used is for fighter teams. TS Nami is superior to her in every other way possible. No regrets.

The Kuma Kai raid (as fun as that is to say) seems like the least valuable of all the Kai raids. We already have something like seven different 1.75x INT orb boosters so I don't know what teams in particular would even benefit from an INT Kuma. The Doffy, Pica, Aokiji, Mihawk, and Sabo Kai raids all made those units beneficial to a certain type of team. Unless they've done something special with Kuma, this just seems like another event made to get people to pull for specific RR units.

The limit break system could be neat or completely horrifying. It seems to work similarly to sockets in that you feed dupes to get bonuses but the only caveat this time is that you need to use units that are part of that character's evolution path. You can limit break raid Doffy with other raid Doffy copies but you can't limit break 6* Doffy with copies of raid Doffy. I hope you don't mind farming those all those old raids again even though you did that same thing when sockets came out. It looks like legends will be limit breakable too so at the very least it sounds like it will be a whale of a time.

Pulling Law in that last sugo may very well have been my saving grace for farming Invasion Cabbage:

hkrexvL.png

I should be able to one-shot Cavendish since he has just over 5 million HP. The 600k damage from the Law specials and the 7% health cut from Killer should make it pretty consistent. Binz is there because stage 4 seems like it might require a delayer to beat the high defense fodder. This team should work in theory, I just need to make sure I handle the stalling correctly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Neo Kuma already announced for Japan...seems to be INT.

Wish they would slow down a bit on those Neo Raids...its impossible to keep up with the game now as a "normal" player...between Raids, FN(Legend book farming) and those time restricted Neo Raids you are screwed unless you invest alot of time in checking, preparing and playing every stage.

I like the Raids but i wish they would distribute them more casual player friendly. Missing out on all those rewards is a bummer.
Croc FN: Sabo books (he's currently 19 turns), sockets for Dex Croc (and probably Striker Croc if I get time)
Sengoku: Books for Doflamingo (currently 20 turns) Senor Pink/Shiryu, plus my Sengoku has like 2 sockets.
Takoyaki FN: Books for Rayleigh (currently 23) and Apoo (currently 16)
Breed: Ace books (currently 19), Breed dupes
Rumbar: Cora books (currently 21), TS Brook sockets

Out of those, I'd probably like to get Doflamingo's skill done the most, but finishing Ace's is close. Every time any of this stuff has shown up before, I've slacked.

Hah okay thats indeed a lot - as you said Legend Doffy is probably you most important unit to max so thats a good start...who knows how long it will take you to get enough copies for him.

But the other options are all pretty good for you....i checked again and might farm some Rayleigh books, i forgot that his special got a lot better with his 6star+ version...so would be nice to max him at some point.

ExVicis

Neo-Kuma sounds like both a chore and something I don't want or care to farm. Not sure what I'll do when he comes to global but this is one of the few things I'm glad hits Japan first and will take a long while to come to global.

Majukun

next colosseum's new characters are both kin'emon AND kanjuro, with marguerite as the non-chaos only
one 50 stamina was hard?here,take two at the time

next colosseum's new characters are both kin'emon AND kanjuro, with marguerite as the non-chaos only
one 50 stamina was hard?here,take two at the time

Ah man, both of those are pretty important for TS Luffy; right?

I better take a look at how viable they are to farm for me.

RedBoot

I mean, on one hand, hey, it's three of my most wanted colo units!

On the other hand, hey, they're all here at the same time! Two of 'em are 50 stamina! What the heck?

Apparently we're also getting Don Sai's FN next week, unless Bandai added it by mistake. I guess Bandai just wants to give us a ton of new content!

(Except new raids)

MiTYH

New colo units seem tough. I think I saw a zombie team for Kinemon? WIll have to investigate later

Working to finish ColoValentine today. Starting today at Skill Level 2, just went 2/7 with some books in there. I still have the weekend too, and any hopeful stamina refills today. Now at level 4 (19 turns), she's almost usable, but I'm determined to get her maxed at least skill if not sockets this week

Kyou

I'm fine with skipping colos, but two important 50 staminas at the same time?!

and overlapping FNs?!

The end game here has to be closing the gap with Japan right?

Majukun

ended up using the almighty books on sabo after i managed to max almost all the units in the croco fortnight before i maxed hi...his books are waaaay too rare for my taste...i could have waited and got them from the squard fn...but i already farmed that a lot and i want to prioritize next colosseum characters.

and overlapping FNs?!

no, the end game is making us pspend mroe gems farming so that we have to buy them if we want to pull

EMT0

Banned

and overlapping FNs?!

I'd love for that to be the case but they had a better shot at doing it about six months ago when we were only two batches behind Japan. Can't say I mind this at all, my prayers were literally answered recently and I like the feeling of progress. I maxed Corazón, Blue Gilly, and Dellinger's special. Got Yorki too because why not. FN Brook still needs more special ups but I'll worry about him another time. Now it's go time for Kimono Crocodile.

Kyou

it's nice to dream about a synched game :(

so I'm two off Shiryu with everyone else maxed(except Maynard but meh)

after that I'll roll over to Croc for the gem and then maybe try for Corazon books??

Top Bottom