• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Ah I was forgetting there were universal books.

Haha, I already went ahead and got the materials to evolve him. Did have to take out Kid and put in that starter Luffy. Other members I've been using from when I pulled were TS Sanji, TS Chopper and Golden Pound Usopp (that skill of his is every bit as useful as I'd read too).

But yeah, he definitely is. Anytime a battle goes on long enough that I can shoot off his special, everything dies.

Funny thing about that lol, in Japan, they've got a Going Merry that starts each battle by maxing all of your specials temporarily. So to clear early game content, I'm just using Akainu nukes + Neptune's massive <50% damage in order to clean up pretty much everything. Also congrats on TS Sanji and Chopper, those guys will be super useful for you with Akainu.

Majukun

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and do it. Got all of the materials I needed for Akainu so he's evolved now. Just need turtles to get him to max level. Missions gave a lot of exp too, so I was able to level up pretty well, though not as much as what you're describing. Neptune sounds incredibly useful for that.

Any idea where we get Akainu manuals? Or are they not available yet?
We just have to wait 2 fortnights,they drop in the dadan fortnight

Voror

Funny thing about that lol, in Japan, they've got a Going Merry that starts each battle by maxing all of your specials temporarily. So to clear early game content, I'm just using Akainu nukes + Neptune's massive <50% damage in order to clean up pretty much everything. Also congrats on TS Sanji and Chopper, those guys will be super useful for you with Akainu.

Oh wow, that's super deadly. I saw there was a Thousand Sunny model that did that, but looks like it was exclusive to an anniversary quest which I missed. Yeah, they've been really useful though Sanji's timing for Perfects has taken me the longest to get used to compared to the others.

We just have to wait 2 fortnights,they drop in the dadan fortnight

Oh that's good, though reading makes it look to be as rare as I would think.

EMT0

Banned
Oh wow, that's super deadly. I saw there was a Thousand Sunny model that did that, but looks like it was exclusive to an anniversary quest which I missed. Yeah, they've been really useful though Sanji's timing for Perfects has taken me the longest to get used to compared to the others.

They only ever last for a week or two and the ships get reeactivated for big events, so I wouldn't sweat it, your time will come too! You just gotta cherish and make the most of it until you realize it's gone ;__;

EDIT: We're also getting TS Chopper and Sanji manuals as the next FN following the Sentomaru one. That's pretty damn convenient, lol.

Voror

They only ever last for a week or two and the ships get reeactivated for big events, so I wouldn't sweat it, your time will come too! You just gotta cherish and make the most of it until you realize it's gone ;__;

EDIT: We're also getting TS Chopper and Sanji manuals as the next FN following the Sentomaru one. That's pretty damn convenient, lol.

Ah gotcha, that's nice that the effect comes back instead of being a one time thing. I haven't gotten far enough yet to get another ship, though I'm about to get Going Merry.

Oh great! That really is good timing!

So what characters are always worth selling to Rayleigh for points?

And is there any way to tell what level your character will end up at when you go to power them up? It bugs me that I can't see just how far they're going to go before I go through with it.

Kyou

finally got a team that can farm Suleimon

Zoro/Zoro/Neo Doffy/Wild Sanji/Shiryu/Legend Marco

and by farm I mean "Boy I hope you get a kill in 12 turns, Shiryu"

EMT0

Banned
Ah gotcha, that's nice that the effect comes back instead of being a one time thing. I haven't gotten far enough yet to get another ship, though I'm about to get Going Merry.

Oh great! That really is good timing!

So what characters are always worth selling to Rayleigh for points?

And is there any way to tell what level your character will end up at when you go to power them up? It bugs me that I can't see just how far they're going to go before I go through with it.

To your first question, most duplicate Rare Recruit units including Legends, unless they have a limit break which is a mechanic that's only just been introduced in Japan and that we still don't have. This mechanic works by feeding dupes(of the same evolution chain) or a specific item that can be farmed(but is a rare drop). While Akainu is limit breakable, you wouldn't feed him dupes once this mechanic is out unless you're swimming in Rayleigh Points and would instead farm the item. Notable limit breakable units are Raid Mihawk, Raid Zephyr, 5+ Luffy, and Raid Kizaru. There are other RR units that can be limit broken, but those are all of the ones you'll likely find relevant. That said, you should still go ahead and farm up your raid units even without limit breaks, or at least get one copy of each of these to act as class-based captains for when content is restricted to only one class.

As for the second, sadly nope. You'll eventually get a good grasp on guesstimating how much exp you need, but there's no indicator for that.

Since you have TS Sanji, you've got orb boosting covered, and will likely need a class/type booster to get to your full burst potential. The good news is that you'll have plenty of F2P options, but the bad news is that they're at the end of a very long tunnel. QCK Story Hody(he has a branching evolution) is a 1.75x Powerhouse booster on a really low cooldown but to get him, you have to reach Fishman Island in the story mode, Coliseum Zephyr is a 1.75x STR type booster who's next return to the coliseum is up in the air, Coliseum Nekomamushi is an amazing 1.75x Powerhouse booster that also gives full matching orbs against an enemy with delay immunity(this is very common), but is really far away from dropping on Global, and Raid Sanji is a 2x Powerhouse booster but is far away from dropping on Global too.

But tbf, you probably won't need a full team class booster for a while anyways and if you do, Akainu's 50+ cost boost should work out nicely for a pretty damn long time anyways. Pretty sure you can beat Doflamingo with double Akainu, Alvida, GPU, and TS Sanji for an orb boost, no sweat at all and from there, even if Akainu (somehow) can't manage something like Raid Enel, Mihawk + Doflamingo will sweep everything up until the early levels of the Coliseum. From there a 5+ Luffy Free Spirit team takes over for everything else once you have Raid Boa and Sabo. Assuming in some bizzaro world, Akainu can't manage.

EDIT: Alternatively, hoard gems for the Amazon Lily batch, and pull Sandersonia + Marigold. And then, you can clear everything.

MiTYH

Had a really good weekend so far. Found zombie team for bryandi (typo) world, which went well enough. Then moved to XDrake since I never farmed him before, and my dream slasher team (double INTHawk) clears him with ease. So naturally I didn't get any stamina snails today.

Will finish up Drake today, work on the rest of the coliseums this week. I still need a few Boa sockets, and Garp ones for the RR version, so I'll be focusing on raids for at least the next two days.

Voror

To your first question, most duplicate Rare Recruit units including Legends, unless they have a limit break which is a mechanic that's only just been introduced in Japan and that we still don't have. This mechanic works by feeding dupes(of the same evolution chain) or a specific item that can be farmed(but is a rare drop). While Akainu is limit breakable, you wouldn't feed him dupes once this mechanic is out unless you're swimming in Rayleigh Points and would instead farm the item. Notable limit breakable units are Raid Mihawk, Raid Zephyr, 5+ Luffy, and Raid Kizaru. There are other RR units that can be limit broken, but those are all of the ones you'll likely find relevant. That said, you should still go ahead and farm up your raid units even without limit breaks, or at least get one copy of each of these to act as class-based captains for when content is restricted to only one class.

As for the second, sadly nope. You'll eventually get a good grasp on guesstimating how much exp you need, but there's no indicator for that.

Since you have TS Sanji, you've got orb boosting covered, and will likely need a class/type booster to get to your full burst potential. The good news is that you'll have plenty of F2P options, but the bad news is that they're at the end of a very long tunnel. QCK Story Hody(he has a branching evolution) is a 1.75x Powerhouse booster on a really low cooldown but to get him, you have to reach Fishman Island in the story mode, Coliseum Zephyr is a 1.75x STR type booster who's next return to the coliseum is up in the air, Coliseum Nekomamushi is an amazing 1.75x Powerhouse booster that also gives full matching orbs against an enemy with delay immunity(this is very common), but is really far away from dropping on Global, and Raid Sanji is a 2x Powerhouse booster but is far away from dropping on Global too.

But tbf, you probably won't need a full team class booster for a while anyways and if you do, Akainu's 50+ cost boost should work out nicely for a pretty damn long time anyways. Pretty sure you can beat Doflamingo with double Akainu, Alvida, GPU, and TS Sanji for an orb boost, no sweat at all and from there, even if Akainu (somehow) can't manage something like Raid Enel, Mihawk + Doflamingo will sweep everything up until the early levels of the Coliseum. From there a 5+ Luffy Free Spirit team takes over for everything else once you have Raid Boa and Sabo. Assuming in some bizzaro world, Akainu can't manage.

EDIT: Alternatively, hoard gems for the Amazon Lily batch, and pull Sandersonia + Marigold. And then, you can clear everything.

Understood. Sort of a relief I don't need to worry quite so much on what to do with dupes, though given the rates I should probably consider it an anomaly to even see one. Nice to see that the Luffy you get at the start can still remain useful down the line. Is the idea behind farming the raids to gather them up to use in unlocking and leveling sockets for you main one, in addition to being able to sell them for points? That said, I don't think I'm going to be ready for any of the raids quite yet.

That seems an odd oversight in the design really. It's present in both Dokkan and Blazing after all, so I wonder why they simply don't introduce it as a small QoL change in an update.

Looks like Hody will be my goal then for the time being given those are far out. Not sure if I would fair well in the coliseum yet, though I haven't tried so far. Other than getting turtles and evolvers, story seems the main thing to go for anyway.

I think I'm still getting a hang on the mechanics of things, though I may also be biting off more than I can chew in some cases. Tried the highest level in the belly farming cave which didn't end pretty. I actually made it pretty far without issues until the last three. Final stage just decimated me and I was barely doing any damage in a single turn to one of them. Granted, only max level units were Bazooka Luffy and GPU though my Sakazuki is 69 and TS Sanji is 49. Maybe I'll be better off once I can get those maxed.

Is it generally fine to spend gems on any Sugofest or better to wait in some instances? Like we haven't gotten the Gear Fourth Luffy yet, correct?

EMT0

Banned
Understood. Sort of a relief I don't need to worry quite so much on what to do with dupes, though given the rates I should probably consider it an anomaly to even see one. Nice to see that the Luffy you get at the start can still remain useful down the line. Is the idea behind farming the raids to gather them up to use in unlocking and leveling sockets for you main one, in addition to being able to sell them for points? That said, I don't think I'm going to be ready for any of the raids quite yet.

That seems an odd oversight in the design really. It's present in both Dokkan and Blazing after all, so I wonder why they simply don't introduce it as a small QoL change in an update.

Looks like Hody will be my goal then for the time being given those are far out. Not sure if I would fair well in the coliseum yet, though I haven't tried so far. Other than getting turtles and evolvers, story seems the main thing to go for anyway.

I think I'm still getting a hang on the mechanics of things, though I may also be biting off more than I can chew in some cases. Tried the highest level in the belly farming cave which didn't end pretty. I actually made it pretty far without issues until the last three. Final stage just decimated me and I was barely doing any damage in a single turn to one of them. Granted, only max level units were Bazooka Luffy and GPU though my Sakazuki is 69 and TS Sanji is 49. Maybe I'll be better off once I can get those maxed.

Is it generally fine to spend gems on any Sugofest or better to wait in some instances? Like we haven't gotten the Gear Fourth Luffy yet, correct?

Raids aren't ever farmed for Rayleigh points, you're pretty much just there to skill max and socket your units and then you GTFO due to them being the content with the worst ROI in terms of drops and stamina as well as the tedium factor due to a lack of double stamina, but conversely being the most important units and the best ratio on easy clear to useful in the game(for the most part). Though there's the caveat that Akainu really doesn't care about most of them other than Raid Kuma for orb manipulation plus an orb boost. But Pica Kai, Bellamy Kai, Fujitora, and Raid Sanji all of which aren't on Global yet, are useful utility units. Raid Boa is also handy for when chain locking is in the way of you and victory.

As for gems, Sugofests are fine, but you want to wait for worthwhile ones like all gold+double Legends. ESPECIALLY on Global. That or wait for a batch that has units that you 110% need.

Hana-Bi

i just hope it's an extra fn and doesn't take a spot in the calendar since i really need the dadan fortnight to be here asap

We already have an extra fn with the halloween units (sockets for my Corazon:) ) by then. It would be stacked to have a regular fn besides those two. But you‘ll never know. :)

Invasion rate is crazy today. 7 runs, 4 invasions, 2 skulls (yellow and green).

Of course writing that means I didn‘t get any meat snails and no invasions in four runs...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant believe it....since clearing YWB this weekend ive done the stage a couple of times without any issues. On my run just now a Skull dropped...first time ever for me. Of course on that run i get messed up bad with the binds and couldnt stall enough for Shiki to be ready for YWB.

FFS...a single matching orbs would have been enough to take him out but the game just screwed me over :-/

Majukun

We already have an extra fn with the halloween units (sockets for my Corazon:) ) by then. It would be stacked to have a regular fn besides those two. But you‘ll never know. :)

Invasion rate is crazy today. 7 runs, 4 invasions, 2 skulls (yellow and green).

too bad i have no reason to farm for boa..other than maybe for the fortnight version,but it's not owrth 60 stamina runs

i'm gonna farm akainu if i find a reliable team for both him and the invasion, since i need to finish the sockets for my legend akainu..i can only hope in a decent invasion rate and finally some yellow skulls..i remember when i farmed akainu the first time that there was an invasion but i preferred using a more reliable team but unable to do invasions..now i wil need to use less reliable ones :/

MiTYH

Love that boa's raid is here. One away from maxing, and I need her for TSL shennanigans. Plus I have a great INTHawk team that can clear YWB. And since we have stamina overflow on levelup now, and I'm one raid away from this, I'm letting myself climb to just about full (198 stamina), then do one, level up, keep going, then hopefully get a refill from some snails.

MAYBE I'll see my first crystal skull drop today. Any color is fine, though I think I want red. I don't have any units besides Lucci who can use them (ever), so it's just future planning at this point.

Voror

Raids aren't ever farmed for Rayleigh points, you're pretty much just there to skill max and socket your units and then you GTFO due to them being the content with the worst ROI in terms of drops and stamina as well as the tedium factor due to a lack of double stamina, but conversely being the most important units and the best ratio on easy clear to useful in the game(for the most part). Though there's the caveat that Akainu really doesn't care about most of them other than Raid Kuma for orb manipulation plus an orb boost. But Pica Kai, Bellamy Kai, Fujitora, and Raid Sanji all of which aren't on Global yet, are useful utility units. Raid Boa is also handy for when chain locking is in the way of you and victory.

As for gems, Sugofests are fine, but you want to wait for worthwhile ones like all gold+double Legends. ESPECIALLY on Global. That or wait for a batch that has units that you 110% need.

Oh okay. Well even if they aren't all that good with Akainu they'll probably be good to have nonetheless. Don't think I'm ready yet though. Tried the fist level of Mihawk and got decimated once a party bound everyone but Chopper. Granted I was still low level but I don't think much would change now.

In that case I'll save and keep an eye out for those. I get all golds but does double Legends mean there's a step with two guaranteed ones? T

Majukun

Oh okay. Well even if they aren't all that good with Akainu they'll probably be good to have nonetheless. Don't think I'm ready yet though. Tried the fist level of Mihawk and got decimated once a party bound everyone but Chopper. Granted I was still low level but I don't think much would change now.

In that case I'll save and keep an eye out for those. I get all golds but does double Legends mean there's a step with two guaranteed ones? T

mihawk is definitely doable..nowadays you can do it with pretty much anything

the part where you got stuck is stage 4 that has an elder that binds your entire team..get used to that since pretty much all raids have a stage 4 that binds ...all the goons on that stage has high defense but low hp..so you can kill them just by attacking them and missing so that they get all the combo damage possible...the elkder has 6 hp,the other have 4,so just bring a 6 hit character (like golden pound usopp) and attack the elder with him,and then attack the rest with the rest of your team,since there are no characters with less that 4 hits of combo.

other than that,mihawk is pretty straightforward,hits heavily but has also kind of low hp compared to most of the content nowadays..just bring a delayer (like golden pound usopp) and or a damage reducer (like alvida for example) and then just try to do more than 1 mln damage in one swoop..if i remember correctly akainu legend can pretty much kill mihawk without even using specials..but you just use the damage calculator..to be sure just try to bring a type booster and orb booster just to be on the safe side

http://optc-db.github.io/

to be sure to do enough damage

believe me, mihawk was hard when it was first released,now you are more than equipped even as a beginner..and if you don't believe me,here's a video with a guy completing raid mihawk 40 stamina with story coby as captain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3XgrXghM8

Kyou

I don't need any Boas but I need WB sockets and I have nothing else to farm.

might as well at least do five runs for the missions

Voror

mihawk is definitely doable..nowadays you can do it with pretty much anything

the part where you got stuck is stage 4 that has an elder that binds your entire team..get used to that since pretty much all raids have a stage 4 that binds ...all the goons on that stage has high defense but low hp..so you can kill them just by attacking them and missing so that they get all the combo damage possible...the elkder has 6 hp,the other have 4,so just bring a 6 hit character (like golden pound usopp) and attack the elder with him,and then attack the rest with the rest of your team,since there are no characters with less that 4 hits of combo.

other than that,mihawk is pretty straightforward,hits heavily but has also kind of low hp compared to most of the content nowadays..just bring a delayer (like golden pound usopp) and or a damage reducer (like alvida for example) and then just try to do more than 1 mln damage in one swoop..if i remember correctly akainu legend can pretty much kill mihawk without even using specials..but you just use the damage calculator..to be sure just try to bring a type booster and orb booster just to be on the safe side

http://optc-db.github.io/

to be sure to do enough damage

believe me, mihawk was hard when it was first released,now you are more than equipped even as a beginner..and if you don't believe me,here's a video with a guy completing raid mihawk 40 stamina with story coby as captain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3XgrXghM8

Yeah, on a whim I decided to try Boa and was actually doing quite well until I actually got to her. Binder only got one, but it was my Akainu (was using a friend Akanu as well). So wait, sometimes you actually do want to get a Miss instead of a Perfect?

I've got GPU and just got evolved Alvida from doing her fortnight for the first time (also 2 manuals but I'll save those for now) as well as TS Sanji who has a damage reducer special along with his other bonuses, so I could probably do alright if I tried again. Just need to get everyone leveled up some more. Shame it isn't possible to get characters to 99 in one shot though it's possible it is and I just don't have the right exp characters.

That's certainly encouraging :)

MiTYH

Love that boa's raid is here. One away from maxing, and I need her for TSL shennanigans. Plus I have a great INTHawk team that can clear YWB. And since we have stamina overflow on levelup now, and I'm one raid away from this, I'm letting myself climb to just about full (198 stamina), then do one, level up, keep going, then hopefully get a refill from some snails.

MAYBE I'll see my first crystal skull drop today. Any color is fine, though I think I want red. I don't have any units besides Lucci who can use them (ever), so it's just future planning at this point.

WOO! Ambush rate is good so far, so far 2/3, and the second try got me a Green skull. Not the one I wanted, but nice to have. I really want Ace for personal reasons so if I ever get him, at least I'm set.

Majukun

still haven0't got the big lipped guy from the sentomaru fortnight ...

Yeah, on a whim I decided to try Boa and was actually doing quite well until I actually got to her. Binder only got one, but it was my Akainu (was using a friend Akanu as well). So wait, sometimes you actually do want to get a Miss instead of a Perfect?

sometimes you also wanna get good and greats instead of perfects,this game has depth XD

well,in the case of high def enemies it's either a miss or a perfect..it's just that the misses are easier to do.
basically good and great attacks don't do the entire combo amount , so since you can't bypass their defense and can only do combo damage to them,it's either missing on purpose or getting all the hit with a perfect

I've got GPU and just got evolved Alvida from doing her fortnight for the first time (also 2 manuals but I'll save those for now) as well as TS Sanji who has a damage reducer special along with his other bonuses, so I could probably do alright if I tried again. Just need to get everyone leveled up some more. Shame it isn't possible to get characters to 99 in one shot though it's possible it is and I just don't have the right exp characters.

That's certainly encouraging :)

on big occasions they give you XP meat that it's valued at 5 mln xp points,which basically max anything in one shot since the units that demnand the more exp are legends and they need 5 mln exp to max

bobohoro

Double Neko with Coli Smoker, Aokiji (Neo works), GPU and an orb shuffler is reaaaally safe for both Boa and YWB.
No motivation to gem though and didn't get any meats. I did get my fourth skull, still only having blue ones. So dumb.

TheShah

Double Rayleigh, neohawk, 3d2y robin, legend croc, and raid kuma has been able to clear boa and YWB consistently. Team makes me sad that Rayleigh loses his Cerebral type in his 6+ form.

I wish they would add a 0 stamina option for raids where you get no drops but you get to fuck around with different teams to see if they can clear it.

The ambush rate seems nutty. I finished the sockets on my YWB and even got a green skull for my efforts. Boa is also 2 bind and 2 AH from being completed. Farming Boa with my stamina during the meat rate up is working out well right now because it feels like the current fortnights are pretty garbage except for maybe 1 or 2 specific drops.

Hana-Bi

Finished socketing my Boa. Got 12 invasions and two skulls. :)

Now I only need to socket Marco, Corazon and Jimbei and all my unique legends are socketed. Maybe I start to socket some dupes too...

cw_sasuke

On one hand...20 Boa units without stoning are nice considering i never skilled/farmed her....but many that messed up skull/YWB run sucks.

I really need to clear those Colo stages before they are gone...and also gonna try to clear/farm Sabo and Akainu a bit this time.

Kyou

my goal is to finish off Sabo and Akainu this time.

Sabo is close to done and Akainu will be here during 2x skill up on a Saturday soooo

MiTYH

So with Garp tomorrow, even though the invasion rate is garbage, just about any team will do, right?

I've got a solid Inthawk/Inthawk/3d2y Zoro/NeoDoffy/Inazuma/GPU that's working wonders on Boa. I figure if it works for her it'll work for Garp. I just haven't run that raid in... at least a year, maybe more

Voror

sometimes you also wanna get good and greats instead of perfects,this game has depth XD

well,in the case of high def enemies it's either a miss or a perfect..it's just that the misses are easier to do.
basically good and great attacks don't do the entire combo amount , so since you can't bypass their defense and can only do combo damage to them,it's either missing on purpose or getting all the hit with a perfect

on big occasions they give you XP meat that it's valued at 5 mln xp points,which basically max anything in one shot since the units that demnand the more exp are legends and they need 5 mln exp to max

Oh I knew about the goods and greats for healing, but didn't realize the benefit of going for a miss if you're not certain you can get the perfect. That's definitely good to know though.

I'll definitely need to keep a lookout for that. I've been slowly leveling Akainu and he's now 85. I think if I can get a red turtle event I can finish him. Maybe get TS Sanji and Alvida too or at least farther along.

So what do you do with spare manuals for characters you don't have or plan to evolve? Like I've got four for the base Usopp and some for Zoro's first two stages but given the difference in specials, is there any point in keeping them?

MiTYH

So what do you do with spare manuals for characters you don't have or plan to evolve? Like I've got four for the base Usopp and some for Zoro's first two stages but given the difference in specials, is there any point in keeping them?

Everyone's different. When starting out you should prioritize box space above saving manuals, you do get them again. My philosophy is to save only Legend manuals since you neeeever know, and they're very rare drops. For those you mentioned though, no real reason to keep. Usopp goes to Golden Pound, zoro to asura/5+ Evo but it's the same book.

EMT0

Banned
In another installment of 'Japan be silly yo', I've scrounged 100 more gems after pulling V2 Boa, and the results are predictably, silly yo. I pulled:

Shiryu
Rayleigh
SW Ace
Sengoku

Plus the Legends I already have(Akainu, Whitebeard, Inu,V2 Boa, SW Shanks) means I have eight and a half unique Legends on Japan, F2P, in a week's time. Japan be silly yo.

Voror

Everyone's different. When starting out you should prioritize box space above saving manuals, you do get them again. My philosophy is to save only Legend manuals since you neeeever know, and they're very rare drops. For those you mentioned though, no real reason to keep. Usopp goes to Golden Pound, zoro to asura/5+ Evo but it's the same book.

That was about what I was thinking of doing. Managed to get two Jinbe books so I'll keep that along with the final form Zoro one. It's a bit of a shame the manuals aren't worth much if you choose to sell them and get you nothing in the bazaar.

In another installment of 'Japan be silly yo', I've scrounged 100 more gems after pulling V2 Boa, and the results are predictably, silly yo. I pulled:

Shiryu
Rayleigh
SW Ace
Sengoku

Plus the Legends I already have(Akainu, Whitebeard, Inu,V2 Boa, SW Shanks) means I have eight and a half unique Legends on Japan, F2P, in a week's time. Japan be silly yo.

How do you gather gems like that in this game on F2P? I could see doing it over time and I'm still early but don't you run into a wall eventually where you'd have to hoard for a good long time?

EMT0

Banned
That was about what I was thinking of doing. Managed to get two Jinbe books so I'll keep that along with the final form Zoro one. It's a bit of a shame the manuals aren't worth much if you choose to sell them and get you nothing in the bazaar.

How do you gather gems like that in this game on F2P? I could see doing it over time and I'm still early but don't you run into a wall eventually where you'd have to hoard for a good long time?

Japan had a bonus 30 gems due to a Twitter campaign, IIRC. From there, I farmed every single FN for a gem, every single evolver island, the pig island, as well as the daily events they have going on(an evolver island and a generic manual island, each one gem each day). From there, I rushed the entirety of the story and cleared up to Crocodile in Alabasta(got him to drop too!) nabbing a whole lot of gems from clearing the story mode as well as from Chopperman missions keeping the stamina + gem gravy train rolling.

Adeptrain

Restarting in Korea with my friend's fresh uber account and the Mihawk clash is here too. Ahhh....having to re-farm Mihawk again is kinda boring :/ But, it seems the skillups in Korea are more like Japan cause 9 Mihawks got me 5 skillups already :) There's a skillup even here though so I'm not sure....

cw_sasuke

Wasnt going to do Garp...but if Haruta can clear him those 5 runs should be worth it for some extra sockets on RR Garp.

Wasnt going to do Garp...but if Haruta can clear him those 5 runs should be worth it for some extra sockets on RR Garp.

Haruta can beat him fairly easily. I'm using this team:

Oc3K5Ro.png

But a more F2P friendly that can still one-shot him is this:

cPGehNK.png

Croc and the Harutas guarantee at least 3 INT orbs. You really don't even need to one-shot him, just kill him in 3 turns. He has no HP threshold interrupts so it's not hard. You could even sub in raid Sabo for Tashigi and kill him in two turns if you don't have her.

cw_sasuke

Thanks, i gave it a try and it works without an issue.

Used Inthawk, 3D2Y Zoro, Raid Doffy and Kinemon - smooth sailing.

Didnt get a extra drop though...well for more runs over the day.

MiTYH

Nice Haruta teams. I may do that... Invasion rates for 40 stamina are trash anyway, I'd rather another chance at sockets

Also, new FN.... not touching it, need Garp sockets. Tomorrow I'll give it a whirl

EDIT: Wow, that, uh. Was easy. Anyone else remember zombieing this stage way back when? My beloved RR Vivi and friend laboon stalling indefinitely... man, and now we just plow through. Feels good

Speaking of, what is a good socket distribution for RR Garp? 4 sockets is good coverage, though the 5 I just fed only gave me bogus sockets

bobohoro

irl
EDIT: Wow, that, uh. Was easy. Anyone else remember zombieing this stage way back when? My beloved RR Vivi and friend laboon stalling indefinitely... man, and now we just plow through. Feels good

I remember runs taking me up to an hour of tapping away under my work desk.
Fun times.

Neko fully socketed, now debating on who to use them on next.
Will probably go for Zeo, since he is all around useful and doesn't have farmable sockets yet in Japan.

Majukun

gamewith has updated itstier rankings and akainu has been degraded from first place to A tier, behind the 3 S tier legends, namely nekomamushi,ts luffy and the new 6+ ace

i can't say i have a top tier legend anymore :(

EMT0

Banned
gamewith has updated itstier rankings and akainu has been degraded from first place to A tier, behind the 3 S tier legends, namely nekomamushi,ts luffy and the new 6+ ace

It was fun while it lasted, eh Maju? :p But I'm going more WTF at the fact that 6+ Ace is considered S-tier. WHERE IS YOUR 2x ORB BOOSTER, ACE? HUH? HUH? That's what I thought. Although hang on, looking at the Reddit thread, Ace isn't S-tier, it's A-tier. Lucy is actually S-tier. But Akainu going from 1st place to A-tier. Wow. I'd have put Vinsmoke Sanji on A tier instead of Ace, easy. You can't convince me otherwise, Gamewith is just a bunch of Ace fanboys :p

Kyou

the chopperman missions for these raids are great

Makes them worth running five times even if you only barely need them

Voror

I guess I should feel sad too but he's still so damn useful I can't really complain, especially with the way he is rated. Hopefully someday I get lucky and get any of those other top ones.

EDIT: That Legend Buggy sounds insanely useful.

I had a feeling the writing was on the wall for Akainu's meta superiority. In a span of something like 2 months, strikers went from the worst class in the game to the most OP. They now have something like 7 different 1.75x class boosters (many with additional effects like multi-turn, defense reduction, and orb lock), a 2x class booster, a 2.25x orb booster, the only 2.75 chain locker in the game, and orb manipulation out the wazoo, some even just from sailor abilities. Not only that, I'd say striker based legends work the best together moreso than any other class.

While Lucy isn't explicitly a striker captain, he still gets all the benefits of being a striker and then some. He just doesn't get to take advantage of Shirahoshi, not that he doesn't have plenty of other options for healing and orb manipulation.

Poor Akainu teams sit around 17k health while Lucy and Neko get to enjoy something like 40k health each. Soon every one else will be a cannon and Akainu will be the only one still made of glass. I guess what I'm really trying to say is: 6*+ Akainu when? /s

Top Bottom