• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

Poor Akainu teams sit around 17k health while Lucy and Neko get to enjoy something like 40k health each. Soon every one else will be a cannon and Akainu will be the only one still made of glass. I guess what I'm really trying to say is: 6*+ Akainu when? /s

Wait for Akainu+, I'm sure he'll be top-tier again.

Garp farming went OK today. Lots of copies but ending the day so far as 1 despair, 3 bind, 2 charge special, and 2 damage reduction. Not a single autoheal socket, which stinks, since he's powerhouse and my Legend Lucci need as much healing as possible

Kyou

Akainu+: 3.25x attack(4.0x if matching) and 1.75x hp for STR, makes STR characters attacks affinity boosted against all colors when orbs match
Special: all orbs count as matching for STR characters for 3 turns

edit: and idunno a captain action that changes all enemies to dex

Majukun

I had a feeling the writing was on the wall for Akainu's meta superiority. In a span of something like 2 months, strikers went from the worst class in the game to the most OP. They now have something like 7 different 1.75x class boosters (many with additional effects like multi-turn, defense reduction, and orb lock), a 2x class booster, a 2.25x orb booster, the only 2.75 chain locker in the game, and orb manipulation out the wazoo, some even just from sailor abilities. Not only that, I'd say striker based legends work the best together moreso than any other class.

While Lucy isn't explicitly a striker captain, he still gets all the benefits of being a striker and then some. He just doesn't get to take advantage of Shirahoshi, not that he doesn't have plenty of other options for healing and orb manipulation.

Poor Akainu teams sit around 17k health while Lucy and Neko get to enjoy something like 40k health each. Soon every one else will be a cannon and Akainu will be the only one still made of glass. I guess what I'm really trying to say is: 6*+ Akainu when? /s

ehi,i have an akainu and i have plenty of red skulls,i'm ready for the 6+ :p

Voror

So should I still be okay with Akainu as my only Legend for now? Or in terms of being outclassed are we speaking more of upcoming content that will be harder with just him?

EMT0

Banned
So should I still be okay with Akainu as my only Legend for now? Or in terms of being outclassed are we speaking more of upcoming content that will be harder with just him?

Oh, it's entirely arbitrary rankings, Akainu is IMO still the silliest Legend in the game and likely the most viable F2P Legend for speeding to the late game and stomping from start to finish. I say this as somebody that owns Nekomamushi and every single Legend that pimps him out further. We're just being sarcastic about how weak Akainu is :p

MiTYH

Damn, was going too fast and hit double stamina on the Rebecca Halloween FN, didn't see it was 40 stamina instead of 30, so I just spent a gem to refill my stamina... That hurts

Damn, was going too fast and hit double stamina on the Rebecca Halloween FN, didn't see it was 40 stamina instead of 30, so I just spent a gem to refill my stamina... That hurts

Could be worse, could accidentally gem on a failed run that even a gem wouldn't salvage.

Kyou

aside from Sabo and Akainu I think all my stamina is going to go towards these 2x evolver islands. I fell behind on my evolving and was tapped dry on some evolvers for a while, gotta restock.

We don't know who the Sunday night raid is yet do we?

Majukun

aside from Sabo and Akainu I think all my stamina is going to go towards these 2x evolver islands. I fell behind on my evolving and was tapped dry on some evolvers for a while, gotta restock.

there's an empty slot?

MiTYH

I'm in a similar boat, only instead of evolvers, I'll be farming Coliseum since Kuma/Aokiji are hitting on those days. Too many to farm that I can't miss.

There might not be a Sunday one due to all these clashes.

Majukun

i'm in a dilemma for tomorrow morning..i have 3 choices..well technically 4:

1) farm the story island and then farm for hodi jones

2) farm kuma raid just to socket my RR kuma that might come up useful for legend akainu teams since it's a 3 str orb provider.oh and there's also the possibility of an invasion, so skillups for ywb and a chance at a psy skull.

3) farm the colosseum, in particular suleiman

4) farm the sentomaru fn for blackbeard books (i don't have him,but who knows what i might pull in the future), sentomaru RR sockets and stori kizaru books (already maxed momonga)

i want your 2 cents people.

MiTYH

i'm in a dilemma for tomorrow morning..i have 3 choices..well technically 4:

1) farm the story island and then farm for hodi jones

2) farm kuma raid just to socket my RR kuma that might come up useful for legend akainu teams since it's a 3 str orb provider.oh and there's also the possibility of an invasion, so skillups for ywb and a chance at a psy skull.

3) farm the colosseum, in particular suleiman

4) farm the sentomaru fn for blackbeard books (i don't have him,but who knows what i might pull in the future), sentomaru RR sockets and stori kizaru books (already maxed momonga)

i want your 2 cents people.

3, 1, 2, 4

Colosseum comes back the least, so focus on that. Storymode is always there, just depends on when double drop is/when free time is there.

With stamina up snails though, it may just be the best time for story mode without "wasting" a day

EMT0

Banned
Oh good admiral event.

Great.

large.png

I'm running a pretty reliable Suleiman team atm, but there's wiggle room for calamity if the wrong unit gets paralyzed on turn 2 by Hancock. I've been saved by Diamante's EOT damage more than once. But the worst part is I keep dropping a cola chest on stage 2 and I've only gone 1/10 on socket books so far >.> I'm only gonna farm the remaining colos with natural stamina for now. I might change my mind, we'll see.

EDIT: The other Global news is interesting. We're getting a lot of FNs all at once, including all of the Kimono FNs we were missing although way past the point that I care about them, as all of the units are pretty terrible and only worth sockets, and most of the books already available elsewhere. We're also getting Whitebeard Pirates Pt. 4 right on schedule too which is fantastic, as I was afraid it'd get delayed. To tally all the new FNs/Limited Time FNs we've gotten in October:

• Sentomaru
  • WB Pt. 4
  • Dadan(speculative)
  • Kimono Jinbe
  • Kimono SHs Pt. 2
  • Halloween Rebecca
  • Halloween Corazon
  • Halloween Sugar
That's 7 guaranteed FNs, 8 if we assume Dadan drops on schedule. Good shit Bandai. Now give us the White Day pseudo-FNs and we've got almost everything Japan's had up to the point we're at on the release schedule.

Kyou

Woo Hody only took 3 runs.

Red version is useless right?

Edit: "Why not try YWB with my Enel/Enel Kuma team? *rainbow chest* *single tear*"

Majukun

got a single meat drop in the last 3 days.. what a rate up

about the new event: no idea if I'm gonna compete for the free legend, but I so wanna that zoro for my fujitora team, is if saga and coby had a baby.

I also finally have a bunch of mugiwara to socket, so I'm happy about the new fortnight coming.. the rest is the usual... also bandai is trolling giving us tons of way to get evolverà after we already farmed a ton with the double drop in this event...

MiTYH

Can someone tldr the admiral event? I know I read something about it on Japan, but never really understood how it worked

Majukun

Can someone tldr the admiral event? I know I read something about it on Japan, but never really understood how it worked

3 islands up for 2 days,30,35 and 40 stamina, at intervals they go half stamina.
there are 2 sets of objectives,individual and community based.

individually you play to get some prizes from the chopper missions (like the zoro that it's in the news) ,gems and whatnot..but you also compete for a global ranking with every other player of your server...the prizes you get are based on what place you get at the end of the event and a website should be up where you can check where you are in the rankings at any given time during the event.
The best prize was a free legend on the form of a random pull where you can only get red posters, but we have no idea if it's gonna be the same on global too

as a community you just get prizes based on how many stages we complete in total.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's ridiculous that I can consistently maintain a stockpile of 5-10 RBG and Y dragons, but am always out of purple ones.

MiTYH

3 islands up for 2 days,30,35 and 40 stamina, at intervals they go half stamina.
there are 2 sets of objectives,individual and community based.

individually you play to get some prizes from the chopper missions (like the zoro that it's in the news) ,gems and whatnot..but you also compete for a global ranking with every other player of your server...the prizes you get are based on what place you get at the end of the event and a website should be up where you can check where you are in the rankings at any given time during the event.
The best prize was a free legend on the form of a random pull where you can only get red posters, but we have no idea if it's gonna be the same on global too

as a community you just get prizes based on how many stages we complete in total.

Appreciate the writeup. I know about the free legend for ranking high enough, that was about it. Here's hoping we get that, wonder how nuts it'll be...

I assume the 40 stamina one had the best rewards/to your ranking? Was it ranking per island, or overall ranking like each event got you a certain number of "points"?

Majukun

Appreciate the writeup. I know about the free legend for ranking high enough, that was about it. Here's hoping we get that, wonder how nuts it'll be...

I assume the 40 stamina one had the best rewards/to your ranking? Was it ranking per island, or overall ranking like each event got you a certain number of "points"?
if I remember correctly both, ever y admiral had this own ranking and there also was a global one.. so theoretically you could get 4 legends, if you had no life and tons of gems to waste

Majukun

i'm experiencing a draught of despair sockets...of all the units i tried to socket recently,they ALL have everything completed BUT despair...

right now my akainu need 2 despair and it's done, also i need 15 atlk cc to make it to 100 and give it to him..after that it will be time to wait for the dadan fortnight..i wonder if it will be rady for the ranking annd if it can do the akainu one with the units i have

bobohoro

It's ridiculous that I can consistently maintain a stockpile of 5-10 RBG and Y dragons, but am always out of purple ones.

Yeah, same here.
Tried two more runs today, only getting yellow dragons and decided it's not worth the trouble right now. Have most INT units evolved that I want anyway.
Shame dragons aren't in the FP event, got enough of anything but violet dragons.

Whitebeard Part 4 is the first FN where I have use for EVERY SINGLE BOOK.
Amazing.
Haruta sockets are nice too and the other three FN units seem like they can be useful in some teams.

MiTYH

if I remember correctly both, ever y admiral had this own ranking and there also was a global one.. so theoretically you could get 4 legends, if you had no life and tons of gems to waste

Alright cool, thanks. Guess we'll just wait and see!

i'm experiencing a draught of despair sockets...of all the units i tried to socket recently,they ALL have everything completed BUT despair...

Mine's AH. Probably because I use them too frequently but I never seem to get enough

Majukun

anyone can tell me the invasion rate of this 60 stamina raids?
i'm wondering if i wanna farm to get the psy skull..technically i don't need copies of raid kuma and i can socket the RR one with the copies in excess of neo-kuma when he will arrive on global...but the tmptaton to get finally my 6+ sabo is big.

HabeeNo

Thank you to everybody who told me not to give in and buy a Red Skull

It finally dropped, and GOATbeard 6+ is finally happening TT__TT

EMT0

Banned
35 copies of Suleiman so far thanks to natural stamina, level ups, and meat refills out of the planned 70. Good stuff. Next on the Coliseum farm list will be Byrnndi World, which I should get done easily enough since it's 30 stamina versus Suleiman's 50 stamina cost. In other news, QCK Doffy's sockets continue to wreck me. I've maxed Bind and Autoheal, but have yet to see a single Charge Special or Despair socket. Blegh.

MiTYH

Didn't get one stamina today, and struggled to get through Ganfor's stuff. Whatever, going back to Bryandi World and XDrake. At least those I can farm, I'll wait till I have better teams (aka sockets mostly) for Suleiman.

Majukun

oh my god akainu is disgusting XD

entered the aokiji forest with the ideal team (2x akainu,legend doffy,raid kuma,raid shiki and diamante),but not designed about the forest or anything, just to test how the orb rate was and to get accustomed to the timing...ended up clearing the entire forest with it XD

ok.maybe the aokiji forest is not considered hard content anymore..but i remember that it took me several tries with the fujitora team that was designed for that forest XD

RedBoot

i found the website for the japan marine event for anyone interested

http://trecru.channel.or.jp/battle-royale/marines?user_id=

Yeah, I wonder how much of this Global will get. There's the more specific universal skill-up books (maybe with some of the guaranteed ones?), plus I think the feasts on the Kizaru ranking had a skill-up attached too.

If nothing else, we should be seeing the limited STR Aokiji right after Fisher Tiger goes (since Kid, Tiger, and Aokiji all have skill books in the event), but that was kind of a given anyway.

One of these events also had a free legend promotion attached for everyone, though it wasn't this one (the Doffy family one, maybe). JPN got that and their free legend for 3rd anni, so I'm gonna be conservative and hope we at least get one of those.

(It''ll probably just be WB, Ray, Boa, Sengoku, and Shanks like Korea got, but hey, free Shanks)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah, I wonder how much of this Global will get. There's the more specific universal skill-up books (maybe with some of the guaranteed ones?), plus I think the feasts on the Kizaru ranking had a skill-up attached too.

If nothing else, we should be seeing the limited STR Aokiji right after Fisher Tiger goes (since Kid, Tiger, and Aokiji all have skill books in the event), but that was kind of a given anyway.

One of these events also had a free legend promotion attached for everyone, though it wasn't this one (the Doffy family one, maybe). JPN got that and their free legend for 3rd anni, so I'm gonna be conservative and hope we at least get one of those.

(It''ll probably just be WB, Ray, Boa, Sengoku, and Shanks like Korea got, but hey, free Shanks)

More like free WB

RedBoot

More like free WB

I have the other four, so... :p Even a second Boa for the magical day that the game gives me a blue skull.

That's not to say I didn't briefly consider a second WB to be socketed as a crew member, but that's too much hassle and I can barely get enough skill books to max one WB.

(plus I have a few yellow skulls on hand)

Majukun

the Law forest is finally coming

i have RR coby, so i suppose this forest might be easy for me?..main problem seems to be that coby takes a precious spot, so i have either to make the healer stay home or the delayer in my fuji team

or maybe just do a zombie team at this point

Hana-Bi

Lol, since my Neko is one skill up from quad max I decided to buy almighty books one by one and see if I can max him with single books.

First book, skill up, quad maxed. I‘m done. :)

Majukun

skillup didn't go well for me, constantly on average or under it... incredible last stretch with world giving me 0/15.

so now I need to farm both him and suleiman... and I hoped to have finished with at least one of them

MiTYH

Skillup was mixed:

Raid Boa: MAX/8 (FREAKING FINALLY)
YWB: 1/3
Byrnndi world: 5/18 (books and copies)
Colo-XDrake: 5/11 (11 copies and 4 books)
HW Rebecca: 2/16 (...seriously?)

Anyone have advice on which Colo I should focus on this weekend? Brynndi needs 11 more skillups, and XDrake needs 8 more skillups (I can't really take on the others currently/reliably yet). XDrake I didnt realize lost his Slasher when he evolved, so, he's still nice for me as a powerhose/cerebral, but otherwise special isn't amazing. Byrnndi is interesting since my Shooters and Driven characters kind of stink but I'm not sure how the 50% health cut is

Skillups, schmillups.

More importantly I FINALLY figured out a team that can beat Sabo & isn't fucked over by the insufferable lag I experience during his raid.

A classic fuji team + diamante that uses the doffy ship, all my lag issues are solved by easy perfects and loads of hp.

As a bonus perk: my team can also semi-reliably clear YWB. (does need orb luck)

on a side note, I also got myself a Hody. I assume the quick hody is the evolved one to prioritize right? it looks way better.

EMT0

Banned
Skillups went pretty good, Blackbeard went 3/10 and is 1 from maxed, while everybody else from the Sentomaru FN who has books is maxed and RR Sentomaru only needs 3 more sockets. Colo Suleiman went swimmingly, 13/34 is fantastic and he only needs 2 more Charge Special sockets which is even better. With any luck, he should be done with sockets by the time I get his last three skillups. QCK Law went 1/5 on Almighty Manuals which is a bit disappointing since he's at 17 CD atm; I was hoping to get him down to at least 16 to match Neko, but I suppose it doesn't matter until the Admiral event drops and we have Log Kid manuals as farmable.

MiTYH

on a side note, I also got myself a Hody. I assume the quick hody is the evolved one to prioritize right? it looks way better.

Yup, go Qck. I should really start that new island...

But mostly, *long exhale*. Beat Sabo with my normal Double Inthawk, NeoDoffy, 3d2y Zoro, GPU and Mr1. Realized that, swapping Mr for Inazuma, that's my YWB team, so when I got ambushed, I figured why not give it a go? Made it to the final stage and did fact checking - Inazuma blocks damage to roughly 5k, but Mr blocks only half damage. I had to basically burst YWB to 51% which, using Inthawk who relies on perfects, is NERVE WRACKING AS HELL.

Made it through though! For my troubles he gave me no skillup and a useless socket (RCV) so hey, screw you too old/young man!

EDIT: Maaaan, NeoSabo needs to get here. Mine is STILL STUCK AT TWO SKILLUPS ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! My track record today is 1/9 and that's counting the free ones (thank god for them)

bobohoro

Nekomamushi destroys raids it seems.
Fun and fast. I actually stall more than needed to make it safe and still beat Sabo in 18 turns. Without a single STR unit.
Only need two more skill-ups on him, thanks to going 4/10 with the chopperman rewards, so I'll finally get him done today. After going so long with so little gain, he was pretty obedient in the last two rounds.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared Sabo 60stamin today... Even better I can reliable farm him now, based Fuji. And even better I finally got my first skill.. Sadly no red one for WB but I can use the blue one on Boa. Her 6+ version looks better than I remembered... Might farm her books after all.

Now I only need to figure out a team for Raid Akainu.

Top Bottom