• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

SpaceWolf

Banned
Parker luck only ensures his girlfriend fucks some other dude while he is busy saving your life

amaz_512011_2.jpg

Marvel heroes are more grounded in reality; many are 'simply' superhumans as opposed to gods.

You can mask bad writing by simply overpowering a hero to a galactical degree, which often happens with Superman. It's no wonder (no pun intended) that Batman is the most popular DC hero cause he is somewhat relatable.

Actually, writing a character like Superman is *harder* than writing a street-level character. Any schmoe can write a story of x fights y. It takes more creativity to write a story that isn't just a fight.

Comic book heroes devolving into mostly fight scenes is one of the tragedies of the genre. It seems to have come out of it mostly, but the 80s-90s were bad that way.

Superman, fly to some other planet, go back / forward in time so GL can't follow, drop me there, go back home in time for apple pie.

By how OP The Flash is made out to be by GAF he's probably the only reasonable choice. Hell he seems to be able to take out everyone else in an instant without even breaking a sweat.

I guess that's without taking any kind of story twist into this thought experiment. But if we do have to take that into account then we would most likely end up with a grim end because no hero will be able to completely overpower everyone else and still keep us from harm in that scenario.

It becomes rather simple, do you run or fight? You'll eventually get tired of running away, getting carried around at WTFBBQ speed by The Flash is probably cool for a second until you don't know what's going on anymore and sooner or later want to die rather than being dizzy and not experiencing anything else than confusion.

I guess your assassins will find a way to where you are kept hidden eventually.

So it becomes a rather easy question "What would be the most interesting thing to see before you kick the bucket?"

Assuming the other heros are meant to defeat your protector one by one and not rush you while he/she is occupied with doing that etc.

I guess Batman would be the most interesting, seeing all his plans coming to fruition and stumping his opponents with ridiculous gadgets and shemes. Until one of his plan fails and you are done.

Most other heros would be rather boring, especially the Flash. You wouldn't see anything and wouldn't know how he was defeated when he eventually will be. An anticlimactic death.

The only real answer is Wonder Woman, I will be known as the guy who slapped Dianas ass, telling her to "get rid of that goon with the S on his chest for me, will ya baby". Not sure how motivated she would be to protect me after that but who cares, I'm toast anyway!

Having done no research I'm thinking batman is my best bet - I'm sure that he could hide me somewhere the others have no chance of finding me while also throwing his money at making my safe house a den of luxury

If I'm going to go into hiding I want Alfred keeping my company

Realistically without batman on side to hunt me out the others would never find me

Basically I would play a very long game of hide and seek and hope it doesn't come to battles - I can't imagine anyone holding off a team of 9 super heroes coming at you

Don't most of the random civilians around every super hero always die, and serve as inspiration for the hero to "fight"?

Thats all you'd be. Inspiration fodder.

Better choice is to simply reject the offer of help and go do volunteer work at a hospital or something and live in it 24x7. Preferably a kids hospital. Now, without that useless super hero around its less likely you will be targeted by one of their million enemies. Second, almost certainly the ones who want to kill you will be distracted by other things and going to kill an unprotected civilian is going to be extremely low on their to do list. Third, even if they do manage to find you, will they really kill you as you are reading a bed time story to a bunch of 8 year old kids? Well, Superman would but probably not the others.

Tough call, but definitely someone from DC.

Batman, Superman and Flash all have good arguments in their favor. Which depends on the scenario.

Does Martha die if I die? If so, gimme Supes.

Is there a week to prepare? Batman.

Do I only have 5 minutes to get to safety? Are the other 9 already near? I want Flash.

I don't know anything about comics.

Can someone educate me in a flash why Barry is the best choice?

He's probably the most powerful member of the Justice League, even more than Superman. He can run faster than the speed of light so he can pretty much travel through time and space. And he has access to the speed force, which is a bullshit dimension that allows writers to make him do anything.

Batman's​ plans involving taking on the League almost always assume they aren't operating at full capacity and/or that he can get the drop on a them (whether because they're in "in character" or being controlled) If Flash, WW, and Supes come at him full force all at once he's getting smoked.

Batman probably has a good hiding place though so that's something to take into account.(until Flash goes back in time)

daxy

Flash won't be able to take you anywhere because the speed at which he travels would cause friction with air to pulverize your body.

Judging people by their losses is not a good outcome because otherwise Flash is garbage since he lost to Deathstroke. Someone will probably find Batman, Superman and etc losing to people that they shouldn't.

1787038-deathstrokeflash.jpg

Only superboy prime otherwise I'm already dead. Flash can't kill you if you come from a different dimension or from space before you were born.
If flash hides you in a different earth, it's just a matter of time before Bats and Tony finds you. If flash goes back in time to kill Diana, then he's going to have to take on Zeus.

justjohn

At first I thought why would anyone pick batman, then I read the two day prep time. Yeah he's my choice too. In fact can't think of anyone else.

wildfire

Banned
This is a hard choice.

Supes should be the no brainer but he has fucked up countless times protecting people.

Sipderman actually has a very good success rate after the Gwen Stacey debacle but that's it. He still can fail and that's because of Batman or the Flash.

Batman is terrible without prep time. As a defender I don't want to take that risk. But Batman as an attacker will always have prep time on his side which means I'm gambling on this Batman not really interested in killing me.

The Flash is really the easiest choice but his ultimate solution involves time travel shenanigans. Even if I was interested in messing with timelines (and I'm not) good guy Flash wouldn't be interested in it regardless of my stance.

Wonder Woman is the decent most reasonable choice.

LOL at Superboy.

ROFL at Robin. Most likely we'll both end up dead.

Lulz at Wolverine. I will definitely die in his arms.

BeesEight

From the sounds of it, Flash seems like the best idea if you're going for pure survival. I don't follow comic books, but it sounds like Batman has "contingencies" for taking out people if they go rogue? I don't think he has a contingency if a magic person is going to instantaneously pop some random into another time period.

On the other hand, if I have nine super heroes coming to kill me, I must be into some seriously heinous shit. In that case, sign me up with Iron Man because it seems like it would be pretty trivial to convince him to give me some stupid overpowered suit. At least that puts me on a power level within reason of these other characters to try and finish doing whatever heinous shit I've planned that would warrant cross-company franchises to band together to take me out.

At the very least I could lay claim to being one of a very select few to fight both Batman and Superman. I'd be immortalized forever in nerd discussions of "what if" scenarios.

Batman of course.

Nobody can beat that plot armor.

I mean, Batman can keep his plot armour and not die to the other nine while still suffering a climatic "loss" by losing the charge he was sworn to protect.

It's not like people close to Batman don't die constantly. I feel he's one of the worst options.

Ya'll sleepin on GL. He could take you across the universe to Oa, which is the biggest police station in the universe. Thousands and thousands of Green Lanterns ready to guard you from anything. Supes and Batman can't take on the entire Corps.

Toad.T

Banned
You are already dead

Modern Goku now has the power to delete anyone he wants from reality just by touching them (In the new manga), if we're taking in every form of a hero as a composite being.

I'd choose Wolvie though. If I had to die, I'd rather do so with our province's greatest export.

Slayven

Spider-man made one out of 60's appliances he found around his house. The guy also have the benefit of not totally fucking up the timeline like Flashpoint.

And Flash's method of time travel involves running into a dimension of caustic energy and hoping it bounces you where you want to go

Ya'll sleepin on GL. He could take you across the universe to Oa, which is the biggest police station in the universe. Thousands and thousands of Green Lanterns ready to guard you from anything. Supes and Batman can't take on the entire Corps.

The more GLs there are, the less effective they become. And it is Hal, Hal is garbage

Top Bottom