• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

Hex

Banned
aEa1j1R.jpg

Choose wisely.

Batman.
He has defeated the rest.

You know you will be dressed in all yellow from head to toe in an all yellow room.
You know that there will be high amounts of kryptonite in the room and it will be encased in lead.
You also can know that there will be huge tuning forks so that if they pick up the very slightest of vibrations, it will pop Flashes head like a zit.
Not only that all friction would be removed from the room.
Wolverine is kind of outgunned here, Magnets...how do they work. Then throw the little bastard in a furnace, then sent a limb to each of the four corners and bury it at sea.
The head throw into a volcano.
He can come back? Ok.

Spider Man would not do it.
Even if he caught you eating a bloody box of Uncle Bens wearing Aunt Mays panties.
Iron Man has an ego, but he is also slave to his electronics.

Wonder Woman you may have to invoke some old right of combat bullshit, or old law or god shit.
Robin just smack around if needed, but he is more likely to help you...unless it is Damien.

jdstorm

Banned
Batman.
He has defeated the rest.

You know you will be dressed in all yellow from head to toe in an all yellow room.
You know that there will be high amounts of kryptonite in the room and it will be encased in lead.
You also can know that there will be huge tuning forks so that if they pick up the very slightest of vibrations, it will pop Flashes head like a zit.
Not only that all friction would be removed from the room.
Wolverine is kind of outgunned here, Magnets...how do they work. Then throw the little bastard in a furnace, then sent a limb to each of the four corners and bury it at sea.
The head throw into a volcano.
He can come back? Ok.

Spider Man would not do it.
Even if he caught you eating a bloody box of Uncle Bens wearing Aunt Mays panties.
Iron Man has an ego, but he is also slave to his electronics.

Wonder Woman you may have to invoke some old right of combat bullshit, or old law or god shit.
Robin just smack around if needed, but he is more likely to help you...unless it is Damien.

Did he also pack the BAT Shark Repellent?

Superman Laughs and then freezes the outside of the room with his freese breath before blasting the now brittle room from space with his laser eyes. That is assuming you make it into the room before Flash gets you.

Hex

Banned
Did he also pack the BAT Shark Repellent?

Superman Laughs and then freezes the outside of the room with his freese breath before blasting the now brittle room from space with his laser eyes. That is assuming you make it into the room before Flash gets you.

And then realizes that he has just destroyed the last remnants of Krypton held in stasis as I nor Batman were never there.
Supes is a twat and easily manipulative thinking that he is all powerful.
Just for kicks I had Bat's have a Kryptonian kindergarten class going on in that room at the time though.
Woohoo comics!

Superman because if I can command him to use his full powers and not job to Batman because of plot. He would destroy everyone with sheer intellect.

An Earth brain matching a Kryptonian's? Fighting Kryptonian tech? Prep time for Batman? How about 10 seconds for Superman to use his brain to go through millions of possibilities and have all the counter measures in place with the sheer amount of items he collects and can use.

Worst comes to worst, just make a pocket Phantom Zone and hide there or trap everyone there.

Permanently A

Batman has two days ahead of the Flash, Flash going back in time cant undo that, all Batman has to do is slip something in his drink to knock him out for the duration, or maybe he even recruits an ally the reverse Flash? Anyway if its so easy for the Flash to solve everything by going back in time, why doesnt he just do that all the time.

The Flash cant go back in time before these events and kill you because that would be a huge paradox.

Batman has two days ahead of the Flash, Flash going back in time cant undo that

I don't follow this logic.

On Friday, Batman learns that you will be attacked on the following Monday.

Batman uses the weekend to prepare various safeguards against the heroes.

On Monday, Flash uses time travel to go back in time to Thursday and paralyze Batman before he could have made the safeguards.

Knocking Flash out is unlikely as he can speed up his individual atoms to work the poison out of his system.

Anyway if its so easy for the Flash to solve everything by going back in time, why doesnt he just do that all the time.

he does actually, it usually works out for small moments in time but not huge changes

aaaaa0

On Monday, Flash uses time travel to go back in time to Thursday and paralyze Batman before he could have made the safeguards.

You're assuming Batman waits until Monday to start attacking the Flash and all the other superheroes.

If Batman is allowed a two day head start in this challenge, he'll have incapacitated or neutralized all 9 of the other superheroes by Sunday night, before any of them even know what they're supposed to be doing on Monday.

Batman will bend the rules and exploit loopholes to win.

He's not a good person. He's the goddamn Batman.

Rktk

It's less that Batman would be better at saving me than there is no way I want him on a team trying to kill me.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Could Green Lantern take me to Oa? Because I would feel pretty safe on Oa with the rest having to get through the GLC and whatever Guardians aren't currently evil.

That said, Batman is the answer. Prep time and shit. He would have already killed the rest before the fight starts.

aaaaa0

Here's how Batman would win with 2 days prep-time:

1. First he'd create a new identity for you and hide you as best he can. Remember, you only need to stay hidden for 7 days until the challenge completes.

2. Then he'd try to take out as many of the 9 other superheroes during the 2 days before the challenge even begins. The element of surprise would make this step easy as all of the heroes know and trust Batman, and we know his contingency plans have worked before under these circumstances.

It is critical he takes out Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash during this phase of his plan.

3. Any superheroes he doesn't manage to take out with his contingencies, he would lead on a wild goose chase by planting evidence of your presence all over the place. This is reasonable, since he only needs to delay them from finding you for 7 days in order to win.

Permanently A

You're assuming Batman waits until Monday to start attacking the Flash and all the other superheroes.

If Batman is allowed a two day head start in this challenge, he'll have incapacitated or neutralized all 9 of the other superheroes by Sunday night, before any of them even know what they're supposed to be doing on Monday.

Batman will bend the rules and exploit loopholes to win.

He's not a good person. He's the goddamn Batman.

Here's how Batman would win with 2 days prep-time:

1. First he'd create a new identity for you and hide you as best he can. Remember, you only need to stay hidden for 7 days until the challenge completes.

2. Then he'd try to take out as many of the 9 other superheroes during the 2 days before the challenge even begins. The element of surprise would make this step easy as all of the heroes know and trust Batman, and we know his contingency plans have worked before under these circumstances.

It is critical he takes out Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash during this phase of his plan.

3. Any superheroes he doesn't manage to take out with his contingencies, he would lead on a wild goose chase by planting evidence of your presence all over the place. This is reasonable, since he only needs to delay them from finding you for 7 days in order to win.

Okay I see what you're saying, he goes for the preemptive attack. But what would the specific plan to take out Flash be? I'm just having a hard time visualizing a scenario where the Flash loses when he has almost infinite time to observe and make decisions.

Batman - nope, he can't even keep his own love interests safe.
Hal - hmmm, nah, dude went Parallax.
Captain America - no real dirt but his ass can't stand against most of the other 9.
Ironman - maybe, but again, he's not going to fare well against some of other 9.
Wolverine - lol, like Batman but even shittier and less resourceful. He's king of keeping himself alive.
Wonder Woman - maybe
Robin - nah
Flash - maybe, he's certainly powerful enough but he isn't very resourceful.
Superman - prime choice, powerful, resourceful (Robot army, fortress of solitude), smart. Weak to kryptonite but I can't imagine that being a huge issue unless he's dealing with Bats or Ironman.
Spider-man - see cap.

Could Green Lantern take me to Oa? Because I would feel pretty safe on Oa with the rest having to get through the GLC and whatever Guardians aren't currently evil.

That said, Batman is the answer. Prep time and shit. He would have already killed the rest before the fight starts.

Lanterns couldn't even keep their own sciencells secure.

aaaaa0

Okay I see what you're saying, he goes for the preemptive attack. But what would the specific plan to take out Flash be? I'm just having a hard time visualizing a scenario where the Flash loses when he has almost infinite time to observe and make decisions.

Not sure it even has to be an attack. For example, he can buy at least 2 days by sending just an email:

"Hey Supes, Green Lantern, Flash:

My new WayneTech <crazy tech, space telescope, satellites, whatever> have detected an anomaly that could lead to potentially cosmic disaster <somewhere> <x days of travel away>.

I need you, Green Lantern, and Superman go to check this out. I realize this will take at least 7 days even for someone as fast as you guys, but we really need this checked out.

Thanks, B."

I'm sure Batman can come up with much better plans than you or I, and we've seen canon evidence of his contingencies and clever plans working. So that's entirely reasonable to assume.

Shredderi

Aside from Kevin McCallister I just feel like Batman would pull through. He would just get shit done. He's just so fucking resourceful and brilliant.

Btw, Batman has become so good at everything because he can't rely on superpowers, but if he were given superpowers now, he would be one OP motherfucker.

Calabi

Knocking Flash out is unlikely as he can speed up his individual atoms to work the poison out of his system.

he does actually, it usually works out for small moments in time but not huge changes

Well if Batman is all ready disabled before you choose him then why would you or how could you choose him. Also if the Flash disables Batman in the past there's no reason for him to go back in Time to disable him. The events havent happened that lead up to the Flash going back in time so he cant go back in time to disable Batman. No matter what the Flash cannot take away or circumvent those two days of prep time that Batman has, whether Batman can make decent use of them is the question.

In general if the Flash is solving events before they've happened then he couldn't know about them to solve them in the present. Time Travel is a shit show of paradox's and I hate it.

Shadybiz

Gotta go with Superman...though there is the risk that Batman has the Kryptonite ring on him and manages to get in close. It's a risk that I'll take.

Top Bottom