• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

So how do you stop the flash exactly?

Competent Flash? Reality warping. Competent Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Franklin Richards, and Classic Dr. Strange (and maybe prime Dr. Fate) are the only people (well, heroes) who I would say would beat Flash.

Haha, fantastic.

Why is Flash such a chump in the TV shows?

TV Shows almost always tone down the characters from the comics. Same with movies.

Wouldn't competent Flash be like, a god capable of ruling a whole universe? Lol

Read Kingdom Come. Yes.

if Flash is so powerful, how come his enemies include a guy with a ice gun and a guy who throws boomerangs?

Flash and his rogues have sort of an unspoken code. As long as the rogues don't start killing people, Flash doesn't bust out his trump cards.

I had a semi-long post describing how T'Challa would lose to Superman via Torquasm-Vo but I'll spare it and just say Superman uses 'Tor-Vo' on BP and wins and becomes king of Wakanda.

yeah

No one ever expects Torquasm-Vo.

Oh yeah, isn't that literally reality warping martial arts?

A-V-B

Flash. Dude could take me to a safe place where no one else could follow. And that's pretty much the end of that assignment.

Ponn

Banned
Can Flash run underwater?

Does it really matter when Flash can just go back in time and kill you as a fetus before you even knew he was even coming for you? If we are going unrestrained powers this whole scenario was over before it was even considered. The moment you didn't utter Flash's name to protect you he already had his vibrating hand through your chest and batmans neck snapped.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Traditionally, Alfred never grills his sandwiches, serving them instead in the traditional afternoon style. As the thinness of the bread is a point of pride in his kitchen, a dense-textured white Pullman loaf is cut with a wide-bladed knife, which guides the cut; daylight passing through the resulting fine pores. The peel of a single cucumber is then either removed or scored lengthwise with a fork before the cucumber is sliced. The slices of bread are carefully buttered all the way to the edges in the thinnest coating, which is only to prevent the bread from becoming damp with cucumber juice, and the slices of cucumber, which have been dashed with salt and lemon juice, are placed in the sandwich just before serving in order to prevent the sandwich from becoming damp enough to moisten the eater's fingers. The crusts of the bread are cut away cleanly, creating the sandwiches themselves, before presented by the dedicated butler to his ravenous guests.
I'm changing my answer to Alfred.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Change name to Martha, stick with Bats. If this is a movie, Batman is totally going to be the victor.

I mean he saved Nicole Kidman and Chris O'Donnnell, all while falling to his death and simultaneously causing Tommy Lee Jones to spas out over a sea of quarters and making Ace Ventura go crazy.

+Alfred assist.

Eusis

Flash. Speed Force is all kinds of dumb.

I think the "trying to kill you" premise overrides the "I won't kill" mentality.
I'd think even at best they're going to find some way to incapacitate you for life, so not much better at best and possibly even worse. Though even if Batman locked you in a cell you'd have Wolverine break in and slice you up afterwards, and he's not really good ENOUGH to pick over the other 9 who would show more hesitation to killing even without a no-kill code.

I'd lean towards Superman or Batman, then the Flash. Superman's generally the most powerful while Batman's generally the most clever, and Flash always sounds like one who could top them even them under the right circumstances.

Shredderi

Superman. If he's not available, Kevin McAllister.

aXw4r09_700b.jpg

Slayven

Alright...could you clarify more?

I always assume bloodlust for these fictional vs threads, which is giving 100%.

I don't recall a panel of him running underwater. But since he can run through space and air, I feel comfortable saying yes.

He can pick and choose which laws of physics apply to him and which don't at any given moment. He can use Newton's 2nd Law for an Infinite Mass Punch while at the same time ignoring friction.

Generally, Flash is much faster than Supes when he isn't holding back. And Flash can run through air and through space via lolSpeedForce.

Wait what? Like, actual soulfucking? I need a link to this. When did this happen?

This here is the biggie that almost no one can counter.

Ends of the Earth, he made it to stop Sandman after Sandman had merged with teh Sahara

ColdPizza

Banned
Is Batman the only one clever enough to weaponize kryptonite?

edit: nvm I guess iron man could.

I'd take Batman or Iron Man

Sony

Nintendo
Flash. Dude could take me to a safe place where no one else could follow. And that's pretty much the end of that assignment.

With regard to this comment, would a normal human survive while transported by the Flash? I can imagine I would die instantly if I endured an acceleration like Flash.

Breakaway

With regard to this comment, would a normal human survive while transported by the Flash? I can imagine I would die instantly if I endured an acceleration like Flash.
Yes, the Speed Force handles all of that. One time, Flash transported an entire city of people at near light speed to save them from a nuke. They were all fine.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if Flash is so powerful, how come his enemies include a guy with a ice gun and a guy who throws boomerangs?

My biggest issue with the TV show is how easily he gets hit by stuff. Regardless of the gun/whatever being used, it's still being fired by a human. He should be able to dodge as soon as he sees that slow ass finger pulling the trigger

Firemind

Does it really matter when Flash can just go back in time and kill you as a fetus before you even knew he was even coming for you? If we are going unrestrained powers this whole scenario was over before it was even considered. The moment you didn't utter Flash's name to protect you he already had his vibrating hand through your chest and batmans neck snapped.
So Aquaman would win then.

sarcastor

My biggest issue with the TV show is how easily he gets hit by stuff. Regardless of the gun/whatever being used, it's still being fired by a human. He should be able to dodge as soon as he sees that slow ass finger pulling the trigger

The reason why is of course bad writing. Joker breaks out of prison every other week. The Flash lets bad guys get away. No one dies. Etc. Etc. If you truly unleash these super heroes to go kill you, batman will not stand a fucking chance.

This. People have been reading to many comic books and think that Batman is unbeatable with preptime. But if this was real, superman would just laser him from space. Or Flash would go back in time and save his parents and then Bruce would be just like Donald Trump :p

Calabi

But Batman has 2 days prep time. He has 2 days ahead of everyone else including the Flash. Even if the Flash can travel through time, Batman knows that and can prep, phase through objects, prep. The Flash isnt invincible and Batman is ruthless as fuck. Personally I wouldn't want Batman after me.

Renekton

Flash is a career jobber with high occurrence of PIS, choose him at your own risk.

Prep-Batman is not more effective than prep-Stark.

Supes. If I can choose specifically, silver age supes.

The other nine could fight supes together with bats having ten years of prep time and they aren't beating silver age supes.

IconGrist

People picking Batman are already dead, lol.

"Oh Batman has 2 days of prep!"

Prep for what? Prep for time travel shenanigans against Flash? How?

Prep for Superman to scorch the Earth you stand on? How? Even kryptonite doesn't help there and it's not like Superman doesn't have defenses against kryptonite in the first place. He has no reason to engage in fisticuffs with Batman considering his abilities.

How does he prep for Wonder Woman? She has no weakness. His "back up" plan for Wondy is Superman but he's also trying to kill you so RIP. If she calls in an assist from one of her relatives (who are Greek Gods mind you) you're fucked.

And let's not forget all 9 of these mother fuckers are after you simultaneously. Batman cannot prep for every eventuality involving all 9 of these heroes. He'd be overwhelmed immediately, again, assuming Flash decided for some reason not to just time travel.

For protection, you go with The Flash. 100% chance of living. 98% with Superman.

Calabi

Prep for Superman to scorch the Earth you stand on? How? Even kryptonite doesn't help there and it's not like Superman doesn't have defenses against kryptonite in the first place. He has no reason to engage in fisticuffs with Batman considering his abilities.

How does he prep for Wonder Woman? She has no weakness. His "back up" plan for Wondy is Superman but he's also trying to kill you so RIP. If she calls in an assist from one of her relatives (who are Greek Gods mind you) you're fucked.

And let's not forget all 9 of these mother fuckers are after you simultaneously. Batman cannot prep for every eventuality involving all 9 of these heroes. He'd be overwhelmed immediately, again, assuming Flash decided for some reason not to just time travel.

For protection, you go with The Flash. 100% chance of living. 98% with Superman.

Someone needs to write a fan fic. It could be done. There after you but nothing says they are working together. What usually can happen in these situations is the 9 end up fighting amongs themselves. Batman could manipulate the situation so Wonder Woman and Superman end up fighting. Batman could disable Flash in some way before he even knows he supposed to come after you.

Its not just about abilities, even when Superman is bad he's good, he might be to honourable in some way in trying to kill you. If he's trying to save you, he's used to saving millions of people, your a dime a dozen to him, almost nothing. He might be a bit sad when he fails to save you, but then he'll move on. Its similar with most of the of the other hero's.

Like I dont know there's something about Batman. He's weaker than every other Superhero, but he's more determined, he's more ruthless. He'll go above and beyond in trying to save you, not because he cares about you but because he cannot forgive himself if he fails. He's more tormented than any of the other hero's. I'd rather have him on my side than anyone else.

The only one I maybe see as a problem for Batman is Robin.

Platy

Supes want to kill YOU. He will never destroy a planet with billions of innocent people just to get one person. He does not want to kill Batman.

Batman is basically immortal because both flash and supes want to kill only you. They would not go after their code of honor for another person.

onipex

If we're just talking about how these heroes act in the comics and not how they should be using their full range or brains and powers then I'll go with either GL or Superman. Both have other worlds they could take me to that are not in reach of anyone else on that list.
If the latter than I would go with Superman because his powers, brains , and tech he should be the perfect bodyguard.

Flash can take me to the speedforce but I think some of the other heroes would find a way to get there. Flash could also time travel but I doubt it's something he could risk. Other heroes could find a way to time travel too.

DAHGAMING

Batman. Is that pic of him the same as that image in the sleep paralysis thread? If so Defo him, held get them in there sleep.

IconGrist

Supes want to kill YOU. He will never destroy a planet with billions of innocent people just to get one person. He does not want to kill Batman.

Batman is basically immortal because both flash and supes want to kill only you. They would not go after their code of honor for another person.

Their code of honor? Is this the same code dictating the murder of some random person?

Unbounded

Really we need to know what version of the characters we're dealing with.

Cause really if I can pick any Superman I'm just picking Superman Prime and moving on with my extremely cozy life.

On the other hand if the Flash is fucking Barry Allen I'm fucked if I pick him.

Capra

Going by my limited exposure from watching the DCAU Justice League, Batman has a plan to take down pretty much everyone he works with just in case the need arises... Up to having a sample of kryptonite.

My money's on Bats here.

Edit: I'm tired

IconGrist

Going by my limited exposure through the DCAU Justice League, Batman has a plan to take down pretty much everyone he works with just in case the need arises... Up to having a sample of karbonite.

My money's on Bats here.

This made me laugh really more than it should have.

Top Bottom