• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Xplayer Mini Pro. Hybrid PC Handheld now releasing in NA. ($1,199, 1TB Storage,12core i7, 16GB LPDDR5, USB 4.0, Intel Iris, Win 11)

Come in White and Black
Sf5c9354b2e9047bd967c7a906a63d95a0.jpg

Sc231e482097643779b6d5a572e85b681M.jpg

S242984d55e694e9fa16b94b5e3acf57bC.jpg

S26088dd8b1b84987aca53e6119743c1a2.jpg

S74f38d30f8b04afa9710078202b07dc3r.jpg
Sc921e699aa3d45dca69c128c3a908a3eg.jpg

S5a4c8a005362481a948ce46639dcc53b6.jpg

Sfdd5c67a0b224e3eb897f2c396d93babM.jpg

S4b754d389d2f463aa87fd8f4c9c8e690Y.jpg

S7235a8f9036f491491aca56eb141849be.jpg

SPECS
Sef13c88caecb460f902b72e5e903f1bbp.jpg

The one being sold atm is the 1TB version. Now releasing in stores that sell in NA and will soon expand to others (maybe Office depot and B&H like with the MSI Trident S) sometime in the future.

So we have here a dockable PC handheld with quite the Spec list. But it comes at a hefty price of $1,200. The Steam deck in comparison is only $399.

I guess it really come down to the spec list and price. Do people think that the specs of the One Xplayer Pro mini match up with the $1200 price? Or is it another overpriced gaming device? it does seem to have an interesting design to it at least. it also has an SSD worth 1TB so that's got to be worth a good deal on its own.

Reallink

Does anyone actually buy these grossly overpriced Chinese portables besides the Youtubers who make videos about them? There's seemingly a new one every week thats more expensive than the last with an even worse GPU. I'd rather SLI 3 Steamdecks for that price.

Last edited:

Crayon

Ah yes a 12 core i7 to run games at 720 low. Very good.

Hopefully amd comes out with some true gaming apus. They do it for consoles and steam deck. It's about time now that $200 only gets you a gpu you could charitably call unexciting.

Nice cpu, crap gpu. Over twice the price of a Steamdeck for half of the gaming performance (in matchning power draw). Intel Iris ROFL. The unit looks nice though and that's about it.

16GB of LPDDR5 RAM. Unlike Gamer DDR5 (GDDR5) and regular DDR5 ram, Let's Play DDR5 ram is the best type of ram yet. Also notice the crisp vibration feature, missing from devices like the Steamdeck.

With USB4.0, you have transfer speeds up to 3GB/sec based on what you plug in.

Price is a bit steep but with these advanced features, it does feel like a game changer.

Trogdor1123

16GB of LPDDR5 RAM. Unlike Gamer DDR5 (GDDR5) and regular DDR5 ram, Let's Play DDR5 ram is the best type of ram yet. Also notice the crisp vibration feature, missing from devices like the Steamdeck.

With USB4.0, you have transfer speeds up to 3GB/sec based on what you plug in.

Price is a bit steep but with these advanced features, it does feel like a game changer.
Do you have stock in them or something?

Neilg

I'm surprised to see such a premium product launching with apparently no proofreading of the copy.
it's better than some amazon listings but still has a fair bit of cleanup needed... what the fuck is a 145 degree radian?

Last edited:

Maogp

Checking the right stick
Right stick under buttons
Putting this shit in the trash

Dear Chinese companies, please understand that if you put the right stick in that position your device become automatically a door holder

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Who in their right mind would even buy one of these? What’s your customer service experience going to be if something goes wrong?

I understand well enough where it's being used. how is it 145.

145 degree angular spread, they even have the ruler line in the photo.

S5a4c8a005362481a948ce46639dcc53b6.jpg

See the curvature is what is 145. At least that's what they claim.

Don't forget "new" Windows 11, which is "better to use"! Compared to what, I dare ask...

Probably Android knowing these OEMs. lol.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Not having an RDNA2 powered APU is basically a death sentence for a device like this, CPU performance is rarely going to be your bottleneck, so you need as big of a GPU as you can get, anything iris is a joke for the price they are asking.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If I had money to throw and......nah, Steam Deck exists and is half the price for the highest model.

Sleepwalker

They had me until that GPU.

Also it's hilarious that any company ever attempts to market these products as "pocketable". Anyone with pockets that big needs an urgent visit from the fashion police.
Wym bro?

IrItO2F.jpg

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Thanks for this OP, always wondered what would be an equivalent to wiping my arse with $100 bills

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

BlackTron

Wow I was intrigued at first thinking at that price it was gonna be in hardware beast territory that Steam/Nintendo dare not tread. Then I got to the specs...

It's good Intel Iris is near the top so you don't have to waste your time reading that much.

Apocryphon

For that price it would need to outperform the Steam Deck in terms of real world gaming performance, which it doesn't. At this price you'd be better off with an Aya Neo Next and even that's hugely overpriced for what it's capable of.

Honestly I think Valve have this market boxed off nicely. They need to sort their supply and some quality control issues out, and they need to offer an OLED version, but other than that I can't see any other major player making a meaningful dent in the handheld gaming PC space.

Ozzie666

Just makes me want to see what Sony or Microsoft could do in this space now. Such a missed opportunity. This thing is trash.

old-parts

The problem for all of these handhelds regardless of hardware is they don't have software that can match what valve does, with green check marked games on the steam deck it behaves like a games console and the OS/drivers all come from valve via single update.

With windows your going to deal with windows update, GPU driver updates, having to confiture games settings for your handheld, its definitely a less console like experience.

But I guess somebody in China is buying these things, maybe local games for the tencent wegame is real audience for this if they are less demanding games.

The problem for all of these handhelds regardless of hardware is they don't have software that can match what valve does,

on the contrary, they have access to the biggest platform with games there is, the play store.

Now you can argue those aren't real gamer games, but that's what most people are playing games on worldwide. So really this machine has the potential to reach billions of customers, if it wasn't $1,199 which when converted for most countries even a rich guy would run out a window from.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They had me until that GPU.

Also it's hilarious that any company ever attempts to market these products as "pocketable". Anyone with pockets that big needs an urgent visit from the fashion police.

The 1260p is a better APU than the one in the SteamDeck.
Both on the CPU and GPU side of things.
But its not 1200 dollar good.

These guys need to find a way to subsidize these things cuz the prices they are asking is some other shit.

Top Bottom