• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Remake coming to PS4 in 2019.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

I guess it really all depends on if they add any new content. I find that most of Sony's censoring comes from a certain kind of sexiness and most of what Oneechanbara offers is just sexy girls slashing up monsters. Still, here's hoping for a PC release anyway, since I bought the last Oneechanbara game on PS4 well before it came out on PC and was kind of upset that I got the inferior version.

Also, I too prefer the non cell shaded look, but that's what were are getting.

Found a cheap copy of the 360 version at a Gamestop and liked the series. Good thing they're releasing a remake of the first two games. Hopefully Xseed/Marvelous or Pqube releases this stateside.

Vlaphor

I'm pretty sure we won't see the Strawberry Banana Surprise costume in this version..

I'm ok with that. Was not a fan of that costume to be honest. I like there to be a little bit more thought put into costume design than just "This is the most we are allowed to show, with no other design"

At least the Venus and Fortune swimsuits from the DOAX series have nice designs alongside their skimpiness.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Good news to me.

I like such much Onechanbara series, i dont get it why many reviews give a low score ( Dont understand the references i guess).

Actually this saga is a cult status in Japan.

and honestly it's fun, in short they refer to the b series of movies, low budget with incomprehensible argument to fun.

Im sure to pick this one.

I wonder how this game will be censored.

Because of the sexism and objectification. You can not trust Games "journalists" reviews anymore.

Yep. Unfortunately that is true. I stopped trusting these “professional” reviews a long time ago. You can have the most unique and enjoyable game in the world and these so called journalists will deduct points off if they deem the female characters inappropriate or not politically correct enough which is very unfair.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
That reminds me, I still need to play Onechanbara Z2: Chaos that I bought years ago for the ps4, but never got around to play it outside of the first level.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oneechanbara first came to the states on 360. It also was released on Wii as well. Before that it was a PS2 game in Japan and Europe.

That's what I thought, because I could have sworn there was a 360 title. Did they add it to BC or nah?

Are these games even on the Xbox? Serious question, and have not looked it up.

Bikini Samurai Squad was on the X360 and one called Onechanbara Z: Kagura which was on X360 as well if I remember correctly and to my knowledge never left Japan.

Last edited:

CatCouch

Wish this was on more platforms. I played the hell out of the one on the 360. Played the Wii one, too. I imported Z2 on the PS4 and then rebought it when it came out in NA. I doubt that game could release now on PS4 now. Sad. I don't even ave my PS4 plugged in anymore.

Last edited:

Isa

Thanks for the info on this, I missed it. Definitely gonna show my support! I enjoyed importing the others, particularly Z with NoNoNo! on PS3. I like the new look going here, hopefully it all runs smooth enough. I also like the look of Rei, that character art is pretty good!

Heimdall_Xtreme

I believe Oneechanbara Z came out on the PS4 and in English.
Actually there is a PS3 version that is the first game of Kagura with nonono! and the ps4 version is a sequel. I have this game of ps3 i have the luck to pick it import in 20$

I really liked Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, only one I played. Hope these remakes improve and expand upon the gameplay of that game. Never played the others, but looked up gameplay of the 360 installment and its gameplay looked really bad compared to Z2. Also dig the new graphics.

Last edited:
I really liked Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, only one I played. Hope these remakes improve and expand upon the gameplay of that game. Never played the others, but looked up gameplay of the 360 installment and its gameplay looked really bad compared to Z2.

The gameplay in Onechanbara: BSS was decent imo, but pales in comparison to Z2. BSS had more depth than most people think though and most gamers who played it never learned how to properly execute the strictly timed combos and moves.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Nice. I really like this series and never really got the low review scores for the game. The action doesn't reinvent the wheel, but the games are fun and a bit over the top. The notion of bikini-clad samurai cowgirls just makes me think of old B movies. Why can't gaming have its equivalent to Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!?

Heimdall_Xtreme

The game will be released on PS4 & PC in Asia on September 24 (Gematsu Link) and in the West on October 14 (Gematsu Link). At the moment, it appears to be digital-only for Asia and Western regions.

Based on what I've seen of the Japanese game, unless there's a subsequent physical release with English text options, I'll probably pass on the game, barring maybe some significant price markdown.

brap

Banned
The game will be released on PS4 & PC in Asia on September 24 (Gematsu Link) and in the West on October 14 (Gematsu Link). At the moment, it appears to be digital-only for Asia and Western regions.

Based on what I've seen of the Japanese game, unless there's a subsequent physical release with English text options, I'll probably pass on the game, barring maybe some significant price markdown.
That's trash. Physical or bust.

Actually, I'm probably wrong about the Asia region release. At least going by the game's website and Play Asia, it does appear there will be a packaged version. The Western release still seems to be digital-only, at the moment. Apologies for any confusion.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Actually, I'm probably wrong about the Asia region release. At least going by the game's website and Play Asia, it does appear there will be a packaged version. The Western release still seems to be digital-only, at the moment. Apologies for any confusion.
I forgive you. Gotta jump on that physical version rn. Or until I hear it's good because the og version is hot garbage and 63 bucks is a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom