• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onimusha: Warlords coming to PS4, XB1, and PC January 15 2019

Hey by chance could you tell me how to put down the Panda helmet? I swear I tried everything but it won't go down. I know on the original PS2 it was L2 but now that L2 is mapped to quick swap for ranged weapons, I haven't found out how to put the helmet down.
Hold down L2.

It's a solid but pretty barebones port. The updated controls are probably the best about it.
Overall I was a bit disappointed that Capcom didn't put more work into it but since the only other way to play this game is on PS2 over HDMI (and the game looks like ass on an HDTV) I don't regret supporting it. Hopefully Capcom will bring ports of 2+3 as well. Especially 3 should be pretty great since they can remaster is properly as it has no prerendered backgrounds.
They also redid the music and Japanese voice acting.

KiteGr

For the record! To play the game uncensored you have to play it in Japanese.

The Dub was horrible, so playing on Japanese is strongly suggested.
Also if you play the game with free movement instead of the Tank Controls, it becomes ridiculously easy!

TheWatcher

Banned
I love this series, but I cannot purchase this half assed attempt to resurrect the franchise. I bought this game under the impression they improved the visuals, thank god I watched some videos before I opened it!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wow Playasia are taking their sweet time shipping mine, should have just ordered from Amazon US
I love this series, but I cannot purchase this half assed attempt to resurrect the franchise. I bought this game under the impression they improved the visuals, thank god I watched some videos before I opened it!
I'm not sure what you was expecting, this is the same treatment RE and RE0 Remastered got.
It's had improvements to Textures and the CG backgrounds which are noticeable even on a mobile phone.
A lot of people seem to showing evidence that it was supposed to be along the lines of RE2 Remake
But for 20 dollars and made in few months
You want a Onimusha sequal ya gonna have to show interest in the work they're done to bring this game to current consoles.
I can assure you getting SD CG to look good on HD resolutions isn't a easy task.
Some of the background I've seen are not anything like the originals so they either used source versions of redid them.
On top of that the music has been redone.
People may not be happy with the results but let's not insult the effort the people have put in to bring it to us.

Last edited:

peronmls

Wow Playasia are taking their sweet time shipping mine, should have just ordered from Amazon US

I'm not sure what you was expecting, this is the same treatment RE and RE0 Remastered got.
It's had improvements to Textures and the CG backgrounds which are noticeable even on a mobile phone.
A lot of people seem to showing evidence that it was supposed to be along the lines of RE2 Remake
But for 20 dollars and made in few months
You want a Onimusha sequal ya gonna have to show interest in the work they're done to bring this game to current consoles.
I can assure you getting SD CG to look good on HD resolutions isn't a easy task.
Some of the background I've seen are not anything like the originals so they either used source versions of redid them.
On top of that the music has been redone.
People may not be happy with the results but let's not insult the effort the people have put in to bring it to us.
The music didn’t even need to be redone. Nobody would have cared.

Hobbesian

Banned
Maybe you don't like this series as much as you think you do, because I can't imagine any of the sequels getting remastered or getting a new game in the franchise if this doesn't sell. It's not expensive and I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting.

Do you even Onimusha?

its 20$ cheapskate. Have some respect for the artists and industry.

what more could you ask for of a dead beloved game franchise? not only is this releasing at a bargain price, youre lucky this game was even updated, let alone released at all.

Last edited:

i would so it could be a like resurrection of the series and besides 20 dollars is fucking nothing. but if there is one game i would want to have a full like remake would be onimusha 2. that is the best game in the series by far

anyone hear any impressions of switch vs. ps4 performance?

i typically play handheld so im wondering if its worth it to have portable digitally or just go physical on ps4

TLZ

Banned
anyone hear any impressions of switch vs. ps4 performance?

i typically play handheld so im wondering if its worth it to have portable digitally or just go physical on ps4
I found this. It's not vs PS4, just Switch docked and handheld, and shows performance. Looks like it's 60 with drops to high 50s in both. I'm ok with that. I already got the PS4 version and might double dip because I love this series so much :D

Bodom78

Really enjoying this, brings back great memories.

Only thing I hate is that I cannot remap the show map button. Being on the left stick click means I occasionally hit it by accident in the heat of battle.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
But it isn't 18 years ago. It's 2019. It's easier to develop games than it's ever been in history. One person today can do work that it took several people to do 18 years ago.
Got a source on that?

Top Bottom