• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online stores need to make separate shipping and product reviews

RCU005

Buying something online that you are not really familiar is a hassle. It’s very hard to determine if the product is good or not in most cases. When looking at reviews on Amazon, most of the reviews talk about shipping and they score according to the shipping experience, not the usability of the product.

I believe it would be a good idea to have two tabs, one for product reviews and another for shipping experience. Ot would help greatly and it happens in most websites.

Looking for reviews online is also a hard, because most websites just make a top 10 or whatever of products from Amazon, and every single one does the same. It’s also very hard to find websites that actually talk about the usability of a product regarding specs, usability, etc.

YouTube videos are also filled with sponsored videos that are not really objective.

So I believe user reviews are the most genuine, but they are mostly interfered by their shipping experience, specially when the shipping is bad. However, getting your product perfectly in the mail doesn’t deserve 5 stars as much as getting you product broken deserves a 1 star!

RCU005

I find Amazon genuinely terrible these days for most things full of fake products like memory sticks with fake reviews to go with it.

Totally! That’s a huge problem. A silly example, but try searching for the PS5 cover plates and you’ll get hundreds but not the official ones.

SJRB

Gold Member
Amazon and its reviews have been dogshit since the dawn of its existence.

Even if I want to order on Amazon as a last resort I'll still look up reviews of the product on other websites or message boards.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I find Amazon genuinely terrible these days for most things full of fake products like memory sticks with fake reviews to go with it.

True that friend.

Also : Lots of shitty cheap Chinese stuff that usually go for 2x the price you find on other (e)shops.
Also Pt.2 : Search function is completely fooked/skewed towards showing you their shitty "sponsored" items.You may be searching for - say - a specific Philips product but nope, the first 10+ items on the search results are gonna be the shitty cheap Chinese stuff.

As an example, got my LG OLED C2 back in December from them and...i kid you not, i had to search for more than 10 minutes trying to find the specific model - and this was/is one of the most commercial TVs out there, shit was literally "buried" under a tonne of other sponsored TVs from various brands.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Amazon also has a habit of combing reviews of different editions of the same article. So you have Amazon selling a Blu-Ray movie that just got a remaster with terrific image quality and then most of the reviews you read are for different editions of that same movie, there'll be numerous people complaining about poor image quality even though the actual product being sold looks terrific.

Amazon also has a habit of combing reviews of different editions of the same article. So you have Amazon selling a Blu-Ray movie that just got a remaster with terrific image quality and then most of the reviews you read are for different editions of that same movie, there'll be numerous people complaining about poor image quality even though the actual product being sold looks terrific.
I agree it's annoying but you can filter them to show the one you are looking at. I don't know if it's possible on the mobile app but on desktop (or in desktop mode in your browser) you go to the reviews and scroll to the bottom and click "see all reviews" and then there should be a dropdown with "all formats" and if you click that you can select "show only reviews" [for this product].

Top Bottom