• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only a few days until Xbox Series X preorders start and we still don't know how games will look on the worlds most powerful console

Status
Not open for further replies.

onQ123

Do they want people to buy the console without actually seeing what it can do? They don't seem to have a problem showing off the Xbox Series S but for the Series X they seem to want us to use our imagination.

Will there be a Xbox Series X show before the preorders start? There is only one full business day left to show games running on Xbox Series X before preorders go live. So is Monday the day we will see games running on Xbox Series X or will they let people buy the console 1st then show them what they will be getting?

Do we have any rumors of a showcase coming up Monday or Tuesday?

Do they want people to buy the console without actually seeing what it can do? They don't seem to have a problem showing off the Xbox Series S but for the Series X they seem to want us to use our imagination.

Will there be a Xbox Series X show before the preorders start? There is only one full business day left to show games running on Xbox Series X before preorders go live. So is Monday the day we will see games running on Xbox Series X or will they let people buy the console 1st then show them what they will be getting?

well didn't Sony only just show actual ps5 gameplay the day before pre orders?

Calverz

Digital foundry had a video showing games running on it in like february march

Discusguy

I have the One X. Definitely know the Series X will be incredible. I don’t want to pre order but it’s pretty tempting.

anothertech

I wish Fight Simulator was a launch title.
512x512bb.jpg

Neil Young

Good. I hope people are put off ordering the series x. I heard it also emits a very strong smell of doo doo and wet garbage from the top vent. Do not pre order everyone!

I agree, Xbox had me this gen if they delivered a great Halo and showed some games playing on the console for this launch. They failed to do both. They lost the chance to convert me. This is not how you increase your customer base.

JLB

Banned

Honestly, what a dumb argument OP.
By your rationale, no one should be ordering PS5s because it was not tested / checked that actually exists and works from someone outside Sony.

so, xbox load times are 12 seconds, and PS5, 1-2 seconds

10 seconds multiplied by 10TF is 100TF sony gains while gamers are actually playing and xbox gpu idle

depending on the game, this could add up fast...oh, and you don't have to spend all night on a load screen, which is nice

onQ123

Honestly, what a dumb argument OP.
By your rationale, no one should be ordering PS5s because it was not tested / checked that actually exists and works from someone outside Sony.

The hell? I haven't said anything about people not preordering I'm asking will they show the games running on Xbox Series X like they been doing with Xbox Series S before the preorders go live.

JLB

Banned
The hell? I haven't said anything about people not preordering I'm asking will they show the games running on Xbox Series X like they been doing with Xbox Series S before the preorders go live.

"will they let people buy the console 1st then show them what they will be getting?"
Let me answer that again: Same as any hardware pre-order. Have you seen 99% of PS4 games running on PS5? At some point you just have to asume that its true.

Kagey K

Banned
so, xbox load times are 12 seconds, and PS5, 1-2 seconds

10 seconds multiplied by 10TF is 100TF sony gains while gamers are actually playing and xbox gpu idle

depending on the game, this could add up fast...oh, and you don't have to spend all night on a load screen, which is nice
The only game we’ve seen launched from title screen to in game was Astros Playroom and it took 8 seconds.

The only other loads we’ve seen is after the game has already been loaded, gonna need more info.

onQ123

I know, but anything that run in the Series S it's supposed to be surpassed by the Series X, maybe that can give you an idea of what to expect

Which is what I said in the OP

They don't seem to have a problem showing off the Xbox Series S but for the Series X they seem to want us to use our imagination.

how are cross-platform multiplayer games supposed to work?

are sony fans seriously supposed to sit and wait for their fat xbox friends to catch up, or will it be like most games and sony fans get a headstart in every map?

gonna be interesting

onQ123

"will they let people buy the console 1st then show them what they will be getting?"
Let me answer that again: Same as any hardware pre-order. Have you seen 99% of PS4 games running on PS5? At some point you just have to asume that its true.

Seems like you're just trying to deflect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom