• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONM April 2013 Review Scores (Luigi's Mansion, LEGO, NFS etc)

Not sure if the British magazine Official Nintendo Magazine is popular here on NeoGAF but I just saw this on Twitter so I thought I might as well post it.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate – 92%
Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 – 32%
LEGO City: Undercover – 90%
Luigi’s Mansion 2 – 92%
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) – 88%
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U – 90%
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (DS) – 71%
Zen Pinball 2 – 68%

Source

Press and hold LT and then RT to shoot me if old.

Update:
Minor mistake - According to my copy of ONM, Ken's Rage 2 scored 2% higher - 34%.
All the other scores are correct though.

Azuardo

So Devil Survivor 2 is getting a Europe release, even after the 3DS upgrade announcement. Wonder if that rules out us getting the 3DS version in the future...

Another good score for Luigi's Mansion 2! Though it means less to me coming from an Official Nintendo outlet... I'd love to read a full review online.

Xander51

Hmm at Kens rage. Is the wiiU version that bad?

I don't think it is, and I've played a fair bit of it. It does have some framerate issues and the combat is a little more streamlined than that of the first game. Probably just someone who is not a fan of Musou games.

shuri

Banned
That LEGO City score is a bit underwhelming to be honest! I was not expecting such a lukewarm reception from the medias.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Minor mistake - According to my copy of ONM, Ken's Rage 2 scored 2% higher - 34%.
All the other scores are correct though.

Is the Wii U version of MH the same score?

No idea, the source doesn't say anything about it. I assume they either already reviewed the Wii U version last issue or will review it in the next issue.

That LEGO City score is a bit underwhelming to be honest! I was not expecting such a lukewarm reception from the medias.

EDGE gave it a 5/10 though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521574

Surprised the Need for Speed series isnt dead yet

Criterion saved it. Apparently Criterion will be working with all upcoming NFS games from no on. Good thing too, they're extremely good at it.

Why do I get the feeling that sometimes magazines create reviews and score games without playing them? Shouldn't the publisher go public about it and make sure people know about that kind of thing?

"Just so you know, we at Konami did not send such-and-such a review copy of the game...we have no idea how they would have played the full version without access to it. We wash our hands of this."

You know?

Edge and ONM likes Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mirror of Fate. Already have Mirror of Fate and it's been a pleasant surprise. Luigi's Mansion 2 is looking great! Next Level Games are pretty awesome. Punch Out is still one of my favorite games this gen.

I find that entire list to be suspect, based on the few games I have played.

Castlevania is alright. 7/10, probably. Average game. 92% is absurd.

Zen Pinball 2 - while I obviously haven't played the Wii U version, I can't imagine it's a disaster of a port. And the games is pretty damn awesome.

I have no 'proof' to back this up but I get the feeling that this publication inflates scores for games important to nintendo systems and then shits on the others to not seem like they overrate everything.

Lego City a 90% has me intrigued. I'm planning on getting it - but I don't expect it to be that good, if that makes any sense.

Any mention of how long Luigi's Mansion 2 is in ONM? I know the first one was pretty short. I hope Dark Moon is at least three times long. I'm getting it no matter what, but it'd be nice to know that it'll be at least 7hrs or more.

MrT-Tar

Any mention of how long Luigi's Mansion 2 is in ONM? I know the first one was pretty short. I hope Dark Moon is at least three times long. I'm getting it no matter what, but it'd be nice to know that it'll be at least 7hrs or more.

I've just had a look at my copy and found the following sentance:

'It's certainly bigger than Luigi's Mansion, offering a leisurely 15 hours to the original's relatively stingy five'.

I've just had a look at my copy and found the following sentance:

'It's certainly bigger than Luigi's Mansion, offering a leisurely 15 hours to the original's relatively stingy five'.

Oh wow! That's awesome if true!

I would've been happy with just 7hrs but 10+ is great! Which means the game has a lot of areas to explore unlike the first one.

Can't wait for this!

Next Level Games delivers again! Punch Out 3DS next please!!! :D

Hiltz

I find that entire list to be suspect, based on the few games I have played.

Castlevania is alright. 7/10, probably. Average game. 92% is absurd.

Zen Pinball 2 - while I obviously haven't played the Wii U version, I can't imagine it's a disaster of a port. And the games is pretty damn awesome.

I have no 'proof' to back this up but I get the feeling that this publication inflates scores for games important to nintendo systems and then shits on the others to not seem like they overrate everything.

Lego City a 90% has me intrigued. I'm planning on getting it - but I don't expect it to be that good, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, that Mirror of Fate score has raised some eyebrows. I'm suspicious of the Lego City being that good unless the developer actually managed to shed the general issues the other Lego games have had.

Neo Child

Banned
Yeah, that Mirror of Fate score has raised some eyebrows. I'm suspicious of the Lego City being that good unless the developer actually managed to shed the general issues the other Lego games have had.

lego city needs duck & cover and shooting system, ability to run over bystanders & them break into lego bits & blood made of tiny lego blocks and stuff like that.

Mileena

Banned
Awful CV getting a 92 is enough to discredit the rest of those scores. Official magazines always have the worst reviews.

I think Mirror of Fate's reviews will be very opinionated. I think it could be either a 7 or a 9 depending on who you are and how much you like it.

For me, it's a 8. So a 9 isn't unbelievable to me.

I don't think it is, and I've played a fair bit of it. It does have some framerate issues and the combat is a little more streamlined than that of the first game. Probably just someone who is not a fan of Musou games.

Musou games are polarizing. I hate them and can not play them for more than 5 minutes. So I imagine that you really want to get someone who can enjoy the games to review it. Unlikely ONM even has someone on staff who meets those qualifications

Awful CV getting a 92 is enough to discredit the rest of those scores. Official magazines always have the worst reviews.

I love the new CV. Enjoying it alot more than all the awful anime-bullshit Igavania ones.

So it's almost as if people can have different opinions on them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the new CV. Enjoying it alot more than all the awful anime-bullshit Igavania ones.

So it's almost as if people can have different opinions on them.

You mean you don't agree with IGN's 'this game isn't like SOTN therefore it is not a good game' review?

Murrah

Banned
The wait for Luigi's Mansion is unbearable. A friend of mine just bought an XL last night so he could sell his OG 3DS to a friend so we can all get in on multiplayer together. So it's...kind of a system seller

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (DS) – 71%

0XI5A.png

Why I oughta...

Top Bottom