• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop Super Spring Sale (up to 30% off selected games) (NA)

I don't know why I always check to see if Nintendo sales are still insultingly shite, knowing full well they absolutely will be, but I still do.

Damn, I was kinda hoping that the newly released Nintendo Select games would be on sale (Like 3D World), haha.

Sale is pretty mediocre to me, but I might be interested in picking up Kirby's Dream Land 2 for the 3DS.
Should I get Mario Kart 7 if I have MK8 on WiiU?
I personally have't played MK7, but from all the reviews and the seeming lack of single player content (important IMO for a handheld MK), I'd just recommend picking up a Mario Kart DS kart somewhere for cheap.

Dee Dee

OMG YES

Does the digital version fix the glitch that I keep hearing about?

No.
It's not hard to get around thankfully. Don't save in puzzle rooms. I had the bug and lost 20min of progress that could be redone in 10min because I had figured out the puzzle now. It's pathetic that they never fixed it, but at least it is very predictable and you can avoid corrupting your complete save.

i was so hyped for the return of tekken ball til i played it. can't believe they dumbed down a minigame. the ball speed is super slow compared to the original.

Damn, I was kinda hoping that the newly released Nintendo Select games would be on sale (Like 3D World), haha.

Sale is pretty mediocre to me, but I might be interested in picking up Kirby's Dream Land 2 for the 3DS.

I personally have't played MK7, but from all the reviews and the seeming lack of single player content (important IMO for a handheld MK), I'd just recommend picking up a Mario Kart DS kart somewhere for cheap.

Yeah, I'm thinking about buying it even though I already played/beat it - just to have it.

I don't think so. MK8 is so much better than MK7, there's no point honestly.

it's not as good but it's still good

Thanks, guess I'll pass on it

Smellycat

No.
It's not hard to get around thankfully. Don't save in puzzle rooms. I had the bug and lost 20min of progress that could be redone in 10min because I had figured out the puzzle now. It's pathetic that they never fixed it, but at least it is very predictable and you can avoid corrupting your complete save.

Oh man, that sucks. I will take your advice and avoid saving in puzzle rooms. I seriously can't wait to play this game. I loved 999

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Isn't Zero Escape: VLR on 3DS buggy and glitched with a potential game-breaking issue? Been meaning to grab it on Vita or 3DS, but I recall a lot of complaints about it on 3DS...true?

FLD

Oh, will definitely grab Inazuma Eleven tonight!

I remember that the initial announcement that it was finally getting a NA release kinda came out of nowhere. Has there been any word on whether or not the sequel(s) are coming?

bman94

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/
Wii U
DuckTales Remastered – $4.99 (was $14.99)

3DS
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Kirby’s Dream Land 2 – $2.79 (was $3.99)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 – $4.19 (was $5.99)

God damn it Nintendo, you've forced my hand once again. Why are the Wii U deals so terrible? Ubisoft sale had a ton of great retail games for $10 or less.

How is F-Zero Legend? I tried the other GBA F-Zero game on Wii U and I was complete garbage at it. Anybody has any recommendations on Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition & Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (at the much better Gamestop $10 price)?

edit: Also Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Mario Kart 7 (but only if you need Mario Kart on the go, as others said the Wii U version offers a lot more than the 3DS version, but first person view is cool with 3D tho) are all at great prices.

I bought Tekken at retail ages ago when it went on clearance and I can't jive with it at all.

All the characters feel so stiff and don't flow well at all.

Edit: Also halfway through the first page and no "Lol Nintendo this is what you call a sale? Get on Steam's level." comments? I'm proud of you, NeoGAF.

Edit 2: Ooh, so close.
People have a right to complain. These sales are mediocre dude.

Azuran

Banned
Don't forget to play 999 first if VLR is the first time you're getting into a Zero Escape game. It makes a huge difference on the experience.

Makonero

Isn't Zero Escape: VLR on 3DS buggy and glitched with a potential game-breaking issue? Been meaning to grab it on Vita or 3DS, but I recall a lot of complaints about it on 3DS...true?

It does, but the glitch is easily avoided. Don't save in the puzzle rooms. Done.

Actually, the digital version of VLR removes the option to save in puzzle rooms.

Not really a fix, but at least people will not have their file corrupted anymore.

CoryCubed

I know there's a 15% coupon on MyNintendo but have they ever dropped Animal Crossing New Leaf? Would love it at $20.

L~A

OMG YES

Does the digital version fix the glitch that I keep hearing about?

No.

Actually, they did add a ""fix"" (which consists in disabling saving in the room where the glitch occurs, ha).

But if you're really worried, you can always use the back-up feature, and back-up your save data regularly.

How is F-Zero Legend? I tried the other GBA F-Zero game on Wii U and I was complete garbage at it.

I can't comment on difficulty, but I think GP Legend is a marked improvement over Maximum Velocity. It has a story mode and more to do than the original.

Theorymon

So how does VLR on the 3DS hold up compared to the Vita version? Was thinking about getting the vita one digitally, but I dunno if I want to deal with memory card management on that thing because I refuse to go higher than a 16 GB card with those prices >_>

Dee Dee

Actually, they did add a ""fix"" (which consists in disabling saving in the room where the glitch occurs, ha).

But if you're really worried, you can always use the back-up feature, and back-up your save data regularly.

The game still froze and crashed in the pressure chamber for me. I mean, I did not corrupt my save file because I didn't save there, but I still consider this a bug that's clearly in the game. It's not a fix by any means, even if you put it in triple quotation marks.

Still worth 12 $ of you at least half-enjoyed 999 and don't find a Vita version for the same prize (and own a Vita).

More people should point out that Teslagrad on Wii U is really fun, it's around 8 hours to complete - not counting the times thst you get stuck on a puzzle or a boss fight.

And for 3DS owners: Story of Seasons is the new name of the Harvest Moon series in the west, much better than what is realized as "Harvest Moon" over here. If you got the Stardew Valley itch, check it out.

I played this on iOS and got bored. I realise it's not exactly the same, but still.

I'd probably pick a few of these up at 50% off, 30% is just way out of impulse-buy territory.

The 3DS games are way higher polish though, also P&D Z getting a sequel in Japan this summer.

They feel like actual puzzle RPGs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly there's nothing on 3DS that I really want. VLR is tempting, but I have an unplayed copy of 999 on my shelf so I should go through that first. I wish Kirby Triple Deluxe or Ocarina of Time were on sale. I'd also be down for a $10 Pilotwings Resort, just for curiosity's sake.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It just occurred to me that when I redeemed the Humble Bundle games last week my Wii U was telling me it was out of storage...arg. Looks like I'm tracking down a hard drive between now and the 21st.

Top Bottom