• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Open beta for Warhammer 40.000: Lost Crusade (iOS and Android) available NOW!

Radical_3d

Today in the community page for Warhammer they announced the release of the open beta of this tactical and strategy game for mobile devices.

I found myself more comfortable spending hours in X4 games in tablet than in the computer nowadays. Let’s hope the final product is something you can buy and not a free to play thing.

You can only play as Space Marines so if you are a filthy xenos or an heretic you can burn in this thread now.

More info? in the link.

SnoF5mtBEwEAgKsm.jpg

Cyberpunkd

I found myself more comfortable spending hours in X4 games in tablet than in the computer nowadays. Let’s hope the final product is something you can buy and not a free to play thing.
Take a look around the app store at games with Warhammer IP, you will have your answer. It's going to be thrash, and further dilution of the IP because GW is a bunch of old English dudes that have no idea how to branch outside their precious miniature industry.

Radical_3d

Take a look around the app store at games with Warhammer IP, you will have your answer. It's going to be thrash, and further dilution of the IP because GW is a bunch of old English dudes that have no idea how to branch outside their precious miniature industry.
To be honest they aren’t branching so well in their miniature industry either XD

Cyberpunkd

To be honest they aren’t branching so well in their miniature industry either XD
For a prime example of what I'm talking about. Imagine you are the owner of an IP such as Warhammer. GW's Annual Report, where you report financials, but also plans for the future, company vision, etc. doesn't have a single picture or graphic from any of their IPs. It's 200 pages of text and tables.

Radical_3d

For a prime example of what I'm talking about. Imagine you are the owner of an IP such as Warhammer. GW's Annual Report, where you report financials, but also plans for the future, company vision, etc. doesn't have a single picture or graphic from any of their IPs. It's 200 pages of text and tables.
I feel sorry for UK stock analysts.

SJRB

Gold Member
Nice, another trailer that told me absolutely nothing about the actual game.
Yeah what the fuck was that?

Guess I'll youtube some gameplay or something.

edit:

Oof.... Now I understand why they didn't include gameplay.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Yeah what the fuck was that?

Guess I'll youtube some gameplay or something.

edit:

Oof.... Now I understand why they didn't include gameplay.

Yeah lol, this is why I don't care about CG trailers.
Don't get me wrong they can be fun to watch, but I don't care about them as far as the actual games go.
I view them as a separate thing, basically the same as if some rando on Youtube made a CG cinematic or something.
They're totally pointless as far as the actual game goes, but people keep falling for them which is why they keep being used for the marketing like this.

D.Final

Banned
Today in the community page for Warhammer they announced the release of the open beta of this tactical and strategy game for mobile devices.

You can only play as Space Marines so if you are a filthy xenos or an heretic you can burn in this thread now.

More info? in the link.

SnoF5mtBEwEAgKsm.jpg

I'll take a watch for this

Top Bottom