• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Open world survival Terminator game will be revealed Feb 29

intbal

This is the only Terminator game I've ever played.
It was pretty awesome at the time.

rXz4ejV.jpg

Vick

It's never going to surpass Terminator: Resistance for me. Not in a million years.

That's the definitive Terminator survival, and pretty much definitive Terminator game already in my book.

nowhat

It's never going to surpass Terminator: Resistance for me. Not in a million years.

That's the definitive Terminator survival, and pretty much definitive Terminator game already in my book.
I really liked it, even though I'm not an FPS fan in general. Gets the atmosphere and tone right. I do have one minor complaint though:

At the beginning of the game, Terminators are basically invincible, so you've left with no option but to avoid them. Later on you get a gun that you can just blast them to pieces with. I think it would have been better if this would have been balanced a bit, like that early in the game you could at least damage them a bit, and then later on that the gun wouldn't be so OP. But as said, a minor complaint.

Vick

That seems like it could be cool if they get the horror elements right. A terminator should be scary as hell, like in the first movies.
I want an Alien Isolation style game set in that universe. Just seems to write itself honestly.
Such a game exists already:

Ex3aUkrO7uMtWBzU8wFTTMKT.jpg

And it's the best survival experience since Alien: Isolation.

I strongly recommend playing at Extreme difficulty, and buy the DLC as well because its awesome.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I strongly recommend playing at Extreme difficulty, and buy the DLC as well because its awesome.

Cool. But hmm, still pretty expensive on PS Store.

Vick

Cool. But hmm, still pretty expensive on PS Store.
Worth every penny to me. Gameplay, exploration and sense of progression are absolutely immaculate in this game, a total masterpiece in these regards.

Also the PS5 Enhanced version is perfect, just be aware of the AA nature of the game, if not even lower when it comes to characters animations. But that aside, this became no hyperbole one of my favorite games of all time.
Choices matter, the story is fantastic, the ending incredible. I'd rate it over RoboCop Rogue City, and I'm a bigger RoboCop fan than Terminator.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Worth every penny to me. Gameplay, exploration and sense of progression are absolutely immaculate in this game, a total masterpiece in these regards.

Also the PS5 Enhanced version is perfect, just be aware of the AA nature of the game, if not even lower when it comes to characters animations. But that aside, this became no hyperbole one of my favorite games of all time.
Choices matter, the story is fantastic, the ending incredible. I'd rate it over RoboCop Rogue City, and I'm a bigger RoboCop fan than Terminator.

This is the one made by the same people as the recent Robocop game?

CamHostage

Heh, good rec, but either way...

I think you are all off probably on what "Survival" means now in marketing a game. It doesn't mean a game where you try to not die; it's a game where you craft and farm and raid for resources for your base.

So for "open world Terminator survivor game", don't think Survival Horror. Think Palworld (but with killer, reprogrammable robots instead of cute animals), or think games where you hit trees with axes and they explode into logs (except no trees here in this future, so maybe John Connor chops down telephone poles?,) or think basically every third game being announced these days that isn't AAA.

Last edited:

Vick

Heh, good rec, but either way...

I think you are all off probably on what "Survival" means now in marketing a game. It doesn't mean a game where you try to not die; it's a game where you craft and farm and raid for resources for your base.

So for "open world Terminator survivor game", don't think Survival Horror. Think Palworld (but with killer, reprogrammable robots instead of cute animals), or think games where you hit trees with axes and they explode into logs (except no trees here in this future, so maybe John Connor chops down telephone poles,) or think basically every third game being announced these days that isn't AAA.
Meaning GaaS, likely multiplayer, and crap of this nature?

Well I don't care, just saying in the single player realm Terminator: Resistance (Extreme Difficulty) is as survival as they come. I've been playing survivals for 30 years, it's my favorite genre. Sure you almost become a Terminator yourself by the end of the journey, but this just adds to the game's awesomeness and contrasts so perfectly with the rest of the game.

it's a game where you craft and farm and raid for resources for your base.
That's Terminator: Resistance.

Top Bottom