• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM - New Arkham Knight Screenshots

W0vgQek.jpg

this doesn't look hot at all.

Really makes me wonder what you are expecting and what you are comparing it with.

Carbonox

What's with the sudden influx of juniors trolling in threads saying these new generation offerings look shit or unimpressive? Infamous thread and Watch Dogs vs Infamous thread are full of them as well.

Triple U

Banned
What's with the sudden influx of juniors trolling in threads saying these new generation offerings look shit or unimpressive? Infamous thread and Watch Dogs vs Infamous thread are full of them as well.
I don't think some of these shots look the best. Like the one he quoted, which seems to have a next gen UE3 skin/lighting effect going on but it's pretty ignorant to say that it looks last gen. And some of them are downright amazing.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I almost... almost thought I could wait until 2015 to pick up a ps4. If this comes out this fall I may have to jump on.

Looks so good!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It looks great in so many ways, but a lot of the textures look really muddy, like Batman's cape. What's up with that?

I need this game in my veins. Even with the backlash of Origins I still enjoyed the game. I think I'm a sucker for the style of gameplay in the Arkham series, and will probably buy every new interation from here forward. All that gliding and fighting tons of different enemies from different factions never gets old to me.

Since this is going Gotham city there better be civilians on the street. Enough of this city of villains crap

Batman's look has regressed since origins though, that's by far the best looking batman design of the game series. But the visuals of this game still look amazing omg

Dibbz

Jesus, fix your eyes.

Why are most people in here so defensive? The game looks good but nothing amazing. If we are talking tech then yeah it's nothing super impressive judging by these screens. I expect something like this for next gen but maybe everyone else has low standards.

psycho-closeup.jpg

Neiteio

WOW @ THOSE SCREENS!

The best part is that aerial view of the city -- seeing all of the crisscrossing roads, bridges, etc, really drives home (pun intended) how different this game will feel from the setting Arkham City, which by contrast consisted of many tightly-knit alleyways. The game world won't feel redundant, in other words. At the same time, however, the best quality of past Arkham settings -- the density of detail and atmosphere so thick you can cut it with a knife -- seems to be fully intact. Man, if I could show this to my elementary school self during a commercial break on The Animated Series, it would blow his mind so hard... :)

If I haven't picked up a PS4 by the time this game comes out, this will likely be the game that gets me to pull the trigger. (Although I still may get it on PC.)

Neiteio

I'm calling bullshots right now. Either that or improved cut-scenes.
The screens Rocksteady released for Asylum and City matched up to the final product. I know we've all been burned by Watch Dogs and Dark Souls II, but I don't think Rocksteady is one to mislead in this regard.

Plus, the game might be running at 15 fps, lol

That Gordon screen looks like your typical muddy, ugly Unreal Engine shit. Arkham Origins cut back on that style, not sure why they've gone back to it. Not saying the game looks like shit, but not a fan of the art style.

Then again, maybe it's just the shitty quality of the picture that's throwing me off.

The screens Rocksteady released for Asylum and City matched up to the final product. I know we've all been burned by Watch Dogs and Dark Souls II, but I don't think Rocksteady is one to mislead in this regard.

Plus, the game might be running at 15 fps, lol

haven't all the arkham games kinda ran iffy on consoles?

Alienous

Why are most people in here so defensive? The game looks good but nothing amazing. If we are talking tech then yeah it's nothing super impressive judging by these screens. I expect something like this for next gen but maybe everyone else has low standards.

psycho-closeup.jpg

There's a photo in the Gameinformer story where Batman's punched this smug fucker in the throat.

Damn, I wish I could share it.

-griffy-

Banned
That new shot of Batman definitely looks more like a slimmed down version, like seen in the trailer for the game. Contrary to the shots we saw from Game Informer which featured a more "bulky" character model like in past games, which was already contradictory the their cover art in the very same reveal.

I wonder what the deal with that is?

That new shot of Batman definitely looks more like a slimmed down version, like seen in the trailer for the game. Contrary to the shots we saw from Game Informer which featured a more "bulky" character model like in past games, which was already contradictory the their cover art in the very same reveal.

I wonder what the deal with that is?

Huh? i didn't notice a difference.

Wonder how the City costume that Batman starts with will look with the slimmer Bruce.

Cut the ears down and they have a great Batsuit. I personally liked Origins more though atm.
I like that this Batsuit looks like an evolution of the Origins suit, which was like a Year 2 suit, so naturally this one looks more advanced, but still stylistically similar. I was never a huge fan of the AA and AC comic-styled tights.

I like that this Batsuit looks like an evolution of the Origins suit, which was like a Year 2 suit, so naturally this one looks more advanced, but still stylistically similar. I was never a huge fan of the AA and AC comic-styled tights.
They were alright but I hated them just for the proportions.
Ugh just hated it, City's seemed slightly better than Asylum's though.
Gorilla man:
Its like reverse Disney theatrical engineering.
This is near perfect human proportions despite have the bulkiest armor.
A buff yet average looking person is believably under that suit.

I like that they seemed to have gotten over the idea of having every character look ripped and fit. Gordon and Riddler looked bad in the last games.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
i could never get on board with Rocksteady's version of batman. Big giant foam finger like hands and shoulders as wide as they are thick and all that. Just not appealing to me in the slightest...

This tho... looks a little more toned down and realistic with some actual consideration to anatomy and function and such. The open world city with a fakkin batmobile doesn't hurt it none either!

As long as the visuals don't Watch_Dog i may just have to jump into their world on this one. Could be cool (really REALLY looking forward to more comic book video games this gen - Marvel needs to find themselves a developer to work some magic like RS have and give us a quality Captain America game... or just remake Hulk: Ultimate Destruction!!! pleasepleasepleasepleaspleas)

edit: Anyone saying these screens don't look impressive is smoking crack through their retina. Not digging the style is one thing but dat gliding pic says it all. Anyone else take special notice of the winding streets? Dimes to dollars says we pull some roof hopping antics in that new batmobile. Loving that it's a good 50/50 mix of the old school car and the tumbler.

Johnson81

Neo Member
Apart from a few exclusive games, the majority of game releases this year will not be "proper" next gen quality. Most companies will not neglect the 150m PS360 machines, so the higher resolution/sharper ports will be around for a while. Whilst shitty for the gamers, this is how the business works.

En-ou

i could never get on board with Rocksteady's version of batman. Big giant foam finger like hands and shoulders as wide as they are thick and all that. Just not appealing to me in the slightest...

This tho... looks a little more toned down and realistic with some actual consideration to anatomy and function and such. The open world city with a fakkin batmobile doesn't hurt it none either!

As long as the visuals don't Watch_Dog i may just have to jump into their world on this one. Could be cool (really REALLY looking forward to more comic book video games this gen - Marvel needs to find themselves a developer to work some magic like RS have and give us a quality Captain America game... or just remake Hulk: Ultimate Destruction!!! pleasepleasepleasepleaspleas)

edit: Anyone saying these screens don't look impressive is smoking crack through their retina. Not digging the style is one thing but dat gliding pic says it all. Anyone else take special notice of the winding streets? Dimes to dollars says we pull some roof hopping antics in that new batmobile. Loving that it's a good 50/50 mix of the old school car and the tumbler.

the arkham games aren't some of the best games last gen due to their batman model...

velociraptor

psycho-closeup.jpg

To be honest Crysis 3 brings down even the most powerful of GPUs. We are not going to expect these kind of graphics on the PS4 and XBO.

DesertFox

the arkham games aren't some of the best games last gen due to their batman model...
This. I agree that the AS and AC batman models look goofy, but they've totally nailed the gameplay. Definitely a game you can't miss from the ps3/360 era.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
On another topic, i can't wait to see hush if he's in the game for some reason, and scarecrow

Top Bottom