• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange Halo Edition original Xbox console discovered

Controllers were made in a different factory. That said, orange controllers were made for the Xbox Live team, of which I own one and are rare in themselves. Both were considered for a potential Xbox Live set, but it obviously wasn't made. The Halo print is there because it probably came from the same place making it. When its a sample, it doesnt really matter.

Be sure to check my earlier post too, I added bits about other colors.

Here is my Xbox Live controller. The colors are slightly different, because again, different factories and they weren't color matched like you would see if they were retail kits.

11U8cdm.jpg

E6WZFFC.jpg

Not the duke. Cool points lost.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It looks awesome, but then again I have a weak spot for translucent original Xbox's.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
As someone who thinks the Xbox is one of the ugliest consoles of all-time, I kind of like this — probably the best version I've seen. I just like orange stuff.

I know all about it. I tracked down the person in charge of Xbox case manufacturing. It's the real deal, made as a sample to test potential colors. Only a handful of complete shells were made, although there were quite a few of tops made. Either way, it is really rare, and I hope it goes to someone willing to take proper pictures and put it in a museum.

There were all sorts of potential colors tested, though this seems to be one of the most common (and thus, the most survived). There were red ones made as well, multicolored, colorshifting, and even glow in the dark.

A museum? It's just an different colored Xbox.

Borman

Not the duke. Cool points lost.

This should make you excited then. Never released to the general public. Plus, the Live controller was filled with two beta memory cards

DMyBaeA.jpg

A museum? It's just an different colored Xbox.

That's nice that you think that, but museums like the Rochester Museum of Play have large pieces of gaming history, which is exactly what this is. By all means, this Xbox shouldn't exist. It is an engineering sample that happened to find its way to a collector.

Wasn't the Halo 2 Mtn Dew orange?

Could this been a promo for that?

No, Mountain Dew was puke green, along with the rarer Pepsi Hulk console.

Top Bottom