• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange is the New Black season two set to premiere June 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Is this the last season? I don't want the show to drag on for too long.

200_s.gif

:p two seasons is kinda short. perhaps 3.

I think the schedule for the rest of the year is:

OiTNB
Hemlock S2 Shortly after Orange
Narcos Probably summer
BoJack Horseman Probably summer
Derek S2 sometime this year
New show by Damages creator late fall
Sens8 Late this year
Lilyhammer S3 Probably December.

I could see them moving Hemlock between House and Orange.

Why do people keep listing Derek as if its a Netflix original? It isn't. It's on Channel 4 next month.

Grizzo

3 seasons sounds short. For shows who have many storylines to deal with, 5 is a great number.

Friday Night Lights and Six Feet Under both ran during 5 seasons and I'd say that they both ended on a high note (well, even FNL's 2nd season which is considered as "the worst" had some great moments).

I don't want OITNB to be dragged during 8 seasons like, say, ahem, Weeds
(but we're talking Jenji Kohan so... who knows)

Revolver

Was originally only going to be 1, I believe it's 4 now, as she moved her directing schedule around to free up a week or two.

Ms. Claudette's actress was in a bad car accident and probably won't be appearing, unfortunately.

That sucks about Miss Claudette. I've read that Tank Girl Lori Petty will be in season 2 so that could be interesting. I hope they show more Nicky and Lorna in the new season also. I like both of those characters.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Why do people keep listing Derek as if its a Netflix original? It isn't. It's on Channel 4 next month.

Like I mentioned in the other post I made right after, I said Derek (and Lilyhammer) aren't Netflix originals. But Netflix has the exclusive streaming rights. You can't find Derek anywhere else outside of ch. 4/UK other than Netflix.

Diablos

I just finished S1... again. Had to sit through it once more before the next season, something I rarely do with television shows. OITNB is such a different approach to television, the characters are all so compelling in their own ways... it is so easy to just keep watching this show. Frankly it is perhaps the most ideal for the 'binge watching' model. I wanna punch that prick Healy in the face, I hope his shit catches up to him. Also very curious to see what happens to Pennsatucky and if Chapman will remain behind bars longer now (probably, if this show is to get a third season). Honestly, watching this again I'm reminded how everyone brings something to the story, is it so well-written; I can only hope this level of quality remains through S2 and beyond.

Also, I can't believe Taryn Manning sounds the same in real life! Haha what a trip.

I can't be the only one who wants Champan to just commit to staying with Alex forever, but that would probably be too safe. They're fucking meant for each other. The chemistry between the two on camera is pretty intense, I wonder if they intended it for that to be that way or if the two actresses just have something really good going, a happy accident if you will. But yeah, sexiest TV couple in eons, no understatement there.

Apparently Prepon will be in
four episodes for S2 due to fan demand, originally she was only meant for one
so that is pretty cool. A wise decision, but it was pretty stupid they didn't have her come back as a regular.

Alex is such an important character, I'm kind of surprised that she is playing a less important role in S2. I did however read that there a. is going to be a third season and, concerning Alex... I personally don't consider this a huge spoiler but just in case I'll let you read the news at the link for yourself.

Also why do people hate the opening theme so much? It's great.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So do you think Piper will get more time after that beating she gave that other crazy prisoner?

I still believe
that the reason (well partly the reason) Piper went to town on that girl to get her off her back was to give her what she wanted....new teeth.

When I read the date, I thought it was soon! I'm pretty surprised to see the next season almost on us. But then I remembered that I waited a while to watch the first season, so I don't have much of a wait now. Excited to see this come back. Great show.

Three seasons acting as a three-act structure would work perfectly for me. Season one develops her into the prison life and by the end she takes on attributes as the rest of the prisoners that she may have once looked down upon; season two should be dark as fuck, the Empire Strikes Back season, and season three is perhaps either even darker or a bit redemptive. Keep it nice and tidy. I don't think it's something that should just keep going and eventually get weaker and weaker like a lot of these things do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom