• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oranges suck.

GloveSlap

I agree that tangerines are much easier to deal with and taste as good or better in most cases. Plus tangerine trees grow an epic amount of them, its insane.

Oranges are great, living in Florida has spoiled me. The house I grew up in had a big Valencia tree in the back, it produced way more oranges than we could ever use. To this day I can only drink fresh squeezed, every store brand I've tried, even local ones, just don't taste as good. Ya gotta squeeze that shit fresh!

whole foods packaging GIF

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Have you tried grapefruit?

anthony2690

Gold Member
As an allergic who can only eat Watermelon, Bananas, Pineapple and Oranges, I can say that they are really, really good.
Wait you can not eat any other foods at all? That sucks man, I'm just thinking about all the incredible things you'll never experience 😔

anthony2690

Gold Member
I could till I was 13. Now a strawberry can kill me. Or a 🥝
How did you wittle it down to the only 4 foods you can eat? Was it's trial and error thing?

Poor guy can't even have a nice pizza or southern fried chicken or any off the other good stuff!

f Strawberries, I ate loads at a strawberry farm when I was a little boy and vomited like never before, never again will I eat a strawberry 👀

Dutchy

Banned
The main problem with oranges, at least where I live, is that they aren't consisently good. Sometimes they are great, sometimes they are dry, sometimes they are full of flavor, sometimes they aren't.
Other fruits like bananas or mangoes tend to be more consistently good.
This is my #1 gripe with oranges but especially mandarines. Some are almost inedibly bad, others are literal S-tier. Can't think of any other fruit that is so inconsistent either.

nkarafo

The weirdest thing about oranges is that i remember them to be easier and cleaner to peel when i was a kid. I liked how each piece inside was easily seperated from one another.

Now they are all stuck together and when you try to seperate them they break apart creating a mess of leeking juices. In 20 years i haven't managed to find a single orange that was like the ones i used to eat as a kid. Not a single one.

Trunx81

How did you wittle it down to the only 4 foods you can eat? Was it's trial and error thing?
It’s mostly try and error, yes. I once nearly died of Soymilk, had an anaphylactic reaction and was lucky that my doctor lived close by. Took two injections to undo the spastic in my lungs. Nowadays I know what I can eat and if I don’t know the ingredients, I try a little bit and search for a tingle on my tongue. That’s the clear warning sing that something isn’t right. Also got an emergency spray always on my.

Funny thing is: Of all nuts that want to kill humans, I can eat peanuts (but only from certain brands).

Top Bottom