• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Order Up is the most underrated Wii game, ever.

Boerseun

Banned
I just threw caution to the wind, let my hair down, and placed my order for Order Up! :D

How many purchases has this thread inspired now? Only two? Come on, people, I don't want to go down this road alone (with Harriet the Spy)! :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My Cooking was the import game on the same Jampack that had the Tony Hawk 2 demo.

I probably played that same demo a good hundred times.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Lijik said:
Up until the ad someone did in the "Gaf makes gaming advertisements" thread

*waves*

25psklh.jpg

Definitely a top-5 Wii game for me. I've played through it a few times now, and the ending remains a truly funny, zany, clever bit of satire. I love it.

benjipwns

Banned
Great ending, even if ripping off things you know, still enjoyable as the opening cutscene. Wouldn't say the game is hilarious or even funny, but the whole game has a charm to get a smile or "heh" from the writing/animations sometimes.

Hard mode is actually noticeably more difficult than easy mode, and does so in a smart way, unlike most games. Especially if you avoid using the sous chefs.

When your Wii is set to widescreen, this game actually shows you more of the workstation to the point where you can reach almost all the stations without needing to zoom out. Instead of just stretching the standard view.

Many of the controls more logical than Cooking Mama's. The ability to work on multiple dishes at once, or multiple steps at once immediately made it superior.

Was one of my top three games of 2008. Played it for like six hours straight the night I got it. Played through the "campaign" twice now, and have a third one that I'll pick up and play a couple services when waiting for something sometimes since you can bang out two or three in 15-20 minutes.

Not for all of GAF obviously, but still the best cooking game I've seen on the Wii. Can't wait for the sequel, hope it lands on the Wii as well, would probably "day one" it. (Definitely will if it's $20 again, I got it a couple months after for $15, I hadn't heard of it prior or else I probably would have got it at launch.)

Amir0x

Banned
I always wanted a game that could recreate the joy of flipping burgers, and now I have one.

Thanks for the heads up!

mik

mik is unbeatable
benjipwns said:
Wouldn't say the game is hilarious or even funny, but the whole game has a charm to get a smile or "heh" from the writing/animations sometimes.
I thought it was funny. and I definitely appreciated that it was the kind of humor that is funny for kids and adults--without coming off as pandering to either. My daughters and I still refer to every hamburger joint in our city as "Burger Face." That's just good, solid stuff right there.

Salsa

Wow, i actually thought the game was more well known, but that i was pretty much alone with the praise. Glad to see people actually buying it ! and yeah, burgerface is priceless. I also lost it at
the monkey chef :lol

benjipwns

Banned
mik said:
I thought it was funny. and I definitely appreciated that it was the kind of humor that is funny for kids and adults--without coming off as pandering to either. My daughters and I still refer to every hamburger joint in our city as "Burger Face." That's just good, solid stuff right there.
Sorry, I was writing my post before I saw yours, I wasn't trying to contest you or anyone else, just posting my own thoughts, even though it came out that way because you had posted what you did.

I was mostly trying to convey I found it to be more clever writing than rolling on the floor tears in the eyes funny.

Salsa

nincompoop said:
Marble Saga Kororinpa is the most underrated game on the Wii. 300+ levels of ball-rolling platforming perfection.

I actually have the first one and i think i enjoyed it more, weird.

SalsaShark said:
First one's good too, but it's pretty obviously lacking in content and features and has much weaker and less challenging level design in comparison. The only area it wins is in ball physics (the default marbles in Marble Saga are horrible), but once you unlock the better marbles the difference becomes negligible.

I bought the game after one of the 1up employees recommended the game on one of Co-ops episodes awhile back. It's a lot of fun.

TheExecutive said:
Hmm, this game looks pretty sweet. Any other games that are most likely under my radar?

Have you played MySims Agents? Jeff Green worked on it and I had an enjoyable time going through it. It isn't anything really special but it was fun enough to complete.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Great job OP, yo have good taste.

This game so deserved its own thread (which sadly I think this might be the first for Order Up! on neogaf). While it's by no means an AAA title, it is still a very fun and awesomely quirky cooking game. I originally purchased it as a present for my sister's birthday. She loved it.... and I loved it even more. :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
SalsaShark said:

Same here... Marble Saga is a much more fully-featured game, but the physics totally killed it for me :( Was disappointing since I was such a big fan of the original...

djtiesto said:
Same here... Marble Saga is a much more fully-featured game, but the physics totally killed it for me :( Was disappointing since I was such a big fan of the original...
Did you unlock the figure roller and edit it to give it high speed/response/slide and low bounce ratings? With that setup it handles just as well as the flash ball from the original. The only real difference is that it's still way too bouncy even if you lower its bounce rating to minimum. I guess they did that so you couldn't skip over large portions of the levels as easily as you could in the original.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Funny to see this topic crop up now. Got this game from Goozex over the weekend. It's def. underrated, with a great sense of humor. Sad the studio hasn't had a chance to release any more original IP.

It could stand to be a little longer, though. Whole thing is over in ~8 hours.

Gravijah said:
you know what? we need a fucking alton brown game

i love alton brown

...marry me alton brown.

agreed

my love of alton brown led me to buy Iron Chef America for Wii. It was a mistake.

Didn't sully my opinion of AB though.

Top Bottom