• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Playasia has a page for an English Asian copy for preorder up, though preorders haven't opened yet.

English Asian copy?

I'd be able to play it on my Vita even if I don't have non-US region account?

I've had my Vita this whole time and I never looked up if games were region-locked or not.

ZeroAKA

I'm still confused about what the time management system is like in this game even after reading reviews. Is it like Atelier in which you have to do things by a certain date in order to move the story along?

Tohsaka

English Asian copy?

I've had my Vita this whole time and I never looked up if games were region-locked or not.

Games aren't region locked, I've imported several Japanese Vita games and played them while using my US account.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
English Asian copy?

Updates work also, the only thing you need to keep in mind is the fact that DLC and such is region locked by the same PSN region of the title bought. Which means you need a PSN account for said region if you want DLC content for that game.

Any content that is included in title updates you will be able to obtain as the update system works separately from PSN and does not have restrictions like anything that requires the PSN storefront.

Parakeetman

I'm still confused about what the time management system is like in this game even after reading reviews. Is it like Atelier in which you have to do things by a certain date in order to move the story along?

Think of it this way. Any time spent in the game = a tick off the lifespan of your family members.

That is how the system works.

Its like done by months in the game basically is how the time is measured. In the dungeon you will know when the "month" is about to be up when the flames burn out, then you will have the choice if you want to press on and use up another month or return home.

You will be able to tell when a family member is about close to the end of their lifespan also by the markings that will start to appear on their face.

It is possible to spend $$$ to help try to extend their life slightly by buying medicine in town, though the effects vary depending on the cost of medicine used.

SougoXIII

Think of it this way. Any time spent in the game = a tick off the lifespan of your family members.

Its like done by months in the game basically is how the time is measured.

You will be able to tell when a family member is about close to the end of their lifespan also by the markings that will start to appear on their face.

It is possible to spend $$$ to help try to extend their life slightly by buying medicine in town, though the effects vary depending on the cost of medicine used.

Does every action take a set amount of time or does it continuously goes down when you're moving around in dungeon etc...? Cause the latter would be infuriating.

Parakeetman

Does every action take a set amount of time or does it continuously goes down when you're moving around in dungeon etc...? Cause the latter would be infuriating.

In the dungeon it goes down when you are moving around. Getting into fights etc. Am not sure what the rate is for the drain but when you play long enough you should be able to figure it out on your own.

Which is why eventually when you get strong enough and need to get to a certain point in the dungeon it is far better to just run past the weaker enemies rather than fighting everything in your way as you advance to your target destination.

ZeroAKA

Its like done by months in the game basically is how the time is measured. In the dungeon you will know when the "month" is about to be up when the flames burn out, then you will have the choice if you want to press on and use up another month or return home.

Is there any way to mess up permanently by not getting something done in a set amount of time?

CHC

Are their towns to explore? That's the kind of thing I dig in RPGs, especially if they're set in Feudal Japan.

Parakeetman

Is there any way to mess up permanently by not getting something done in a set amount of time?

Dont think so or at least nothing I recall when I was still playing.

Are their towns to explore? That's the kind of thing I dig in RPGs, especially if they're set in Feudal Japan.

Unfortunately not. As the towns are menu based. Everything else is done from the menus in your main home.

This game is not like a "traditional" JRPG in the sense of there is a world map / towns etc that you go wandering around in. So those who were expecting that with this title are unfortunately going to be disappointed.

Takao

Banned
Will I need a Twitter account to get access to the screenshots taken in-game?

No, they'll go into the Vita image app like usual. One note about the screenshot functionality: you have to use an onscreen button. Oreshika disables the Vita OS function.

Parakeetman

Im curious to see how many people here will have at least 1 kid who winds up being either bald or has the "Xavier" haircut lol

20130513204408ea3.jpg

Sitrus

If you don't hunt any monsters, just walking around doing nothing, wasting your months with walking in circle, doing everything you can to not do anything, you may get an offspring that is as weak as his parent.

This is so extreme that it may be the same as playing a MMORPG making sure to not get exp at all.

You set your own schedule, or get Kou (that sweet mouse) to make a schedule for you, both works fine.

Tohsaka

No, they'll go into the Vita image app like usual. One note about the screenshot functionality: you have to use an onscreen button. Oreshika disables the Vita OS function.

That's dumb, I hate when games disable screenshots natively.

ZeroAKA

Dont think so or at least nothing I recall when I was still playing.
If you don't hunt any monsters, just walking around doing nothing, wasting your months with walking in circle, doing everything you can to not do anything, you may get an offspring that is as weak as his parent.

This is so extreme that it may be the same as playing a MMORPG making sure to not get exp at all.

You set your own schedule, or get Kou (that sweet mouse) to make a schedule for you, both works fine.
That's good to know, thanks. Buying now. :)

SougoXIII

In the dungeon it goes down when you are moving around. Getting into fights etc. Am not sure what the rate is for the drain but when you play long enough you should be able to figure it out on your own.

Which is why eventually when you get strong enough and need to get to a certain point in the dungeon it is far better to just run past the weaker enemies rather than fighting everything in your way as you advance to your target destination.

The drain is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to be able to take my time and explore the dungeons etc... but now it'll just make me rush through everything to be more time efficient. The worst case of time management really.

dcassell

Banned
Any JRPGS this is comparable to? I just bought a vita after selling my OLED model a year ago, and this looks pretty great. Could anyone give me kind of an idea of what I'd be getting into here? I loved persona and most dungeon crawler JRPGs, just curious what the battle system is like and how much of a learning curve this game has going on.

Parakeetman

The drain is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to be able to take my time and explore the dungeons etc... but now it'll just make me rush through everything to be more time efficient. The worst case of time management really.

The thing is you are exploring just not in the same way you expect. As the game is about building up your family and making stronger offspring to carry on the quest.

Basically cant really compare it to other titles as the design is quite different and if you take it for what it is rather than what it should be am sure a lot of folks will enjoy it a bit more.

No Wonder This Is On The Vita™, they know their Vita Audience™ amirite?

Shes actually a better mascot character than the one used in the first game.

No idea if the theme will come out to the US but its one of the better themes for the vita and what I currently use.

Shouta

Any JRPGS this is comparable to? I just bought a vita after selling my OLED model a year ago, and this looks pretty great. Could anyone give me kind of an idea of what I'd be getting into here? I loved persona and most dungeon crawler JRPGs, just curious what the battle system is like and how much of a learning curve this game has going on.

It's not really like any other JRPG aside from its predecessor. If I had to describe it to someone simply, it's basically a JRPG version of the Sims. You take charge of your clan, raising characters from generation to generation to battle evil to free your family from a cursed placed on them. There's a general premise and a bit of backstory with gods but it's largely about your journey getting to that goal, the characters you raise, and all that. It takes that "create your own journey" feel from stuff like the Elder Scrolls but in that JRPG mold.

I skimmed throughout but it seemed like they were expecting a more standard JRPG, which the game definitely isn't.

Top Bottom