• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori Definitive Edition PC Release Delayed | Upgrade Fee = $5 | New Trailer

Havik

Glad it's a $5 upgrade but wasn't the Definitive Edition supposed to cost more than the original game did?

I think they said that buying the original at a discount rate (think it was $12) and then buying the upgrade was cheaper than waiting for the full definitive version.

Head.spawn

Also is this cross buy for the Windows 10 version?

Just googled... No cross buy no upgrade for me. I'd play it on the PC in 4k but I'm not gonna pay full price again to do that.

Funny, Thomas actually suggested to people to snatch up the PC version while it was on sale, so you'd have a cheaper upgrade path of getting the game at a lower price and paying the small upgrade fee, instead of waiting for the actual DE release price.

RoKKeR

Finally was able to watch the trailer - looks really great! New abilities seem interesting, excited to try them out.

Also that seemed like a new/alternate version of the main theme.

Coxy100

Banned
anyone have a working link for the new merchandise store? (link in the OP still doesn't work)

I'm wanting to buy some Ori goodies :)

Anteater

hmm, I like the original, but not sure if I'm going to play through it again anytime soon, 5 bucks isn't a lot tho so maybe I'll bite.

Kid Goku

Banned
Dear Thomas,

First of all thank you for creating this masterpiece. The last time a game had me mesmerized like this was over 10+ years ago so a long long time. This game is perfect as perfect can be. It speaks to my inner child like few other games ever could. This game is what gaming is all about in its purest art form. This game imo is art. Because of this I bought it day 1 even tho I didn't have time for a while to play it I bought it for my friends and family. When a developer creates games with love and skill for me as a gamer I feel it's my responsibility to support it. 5 bucks is nothing. 20 bucks was cheap too the day it released for a game like this. Probably the best thing I've ever bought for under 20 bucks.

I have a question if you don't mind me asking tho I know you can't be too specific could you point out if I'm hot or cold ? You said there MIGHT be a slight possibility for a physical release. That's great...BUT...please tell me there might be a collectors edition ? I normally don't care too much for CE's but this game, this art form, deserves it imo. Maybe an Ori figure or plushy, soundtrack some art designs and special case voila you got yourself one of the best CE's out there. Pretty please ?

Also OP the link to the shop for merchandise gives an error. What's the issue there ? Wrong link or is the page not up yet ?

Dear Thomas,

First of all thank you for creating this masterpiece. The last time a game had me mesmerized like this was over 10+ years ago so a long long time. This game is perfect as perfect can be. It speaks to my inner child like few other games ever could. This game is what gaming is all about in its purest art form. This game imo is art. Because of this I bought it day 1 even tho I didn't have time for a while to play it I bought it for my friends and family. When a developer creates games with love and skill for me as a gamer I feel it's my responsibility to support it. 5 bucks is nothing. 20 bucks was cheap too the day it released for a game like this. Probably the best thing I've ever bought for under 20 bucks.

I have a question if you don't mind me asking tho I know you can't be too specific could you point out if I'm hot or cold ? You said there MIGHT be a slight possibility for a physical release. That's great...BUT...please tell me there might be a collectors edition ? I normally don't care too much for CE's but this game, this art form, deserves it imo. Maybe an Ori figure or plushy, soundtrack some art designs and special case voila you got yourself one of the best CE's out there. Pretty please ?

Also OP the link to the shop for merchandise gives an error. What's the issue there ? Wrong link or is the page not up yet ?

First of all, thanks for the kind words - We always hope that we can make games that people will have a special connection to.

Also, we hear you on the physical edition (limited) edition... Can't say anything about it yet, but if we do something, we go all the way ;)

Kid Goku

Banned
Also, we hear you on the physical edition (limited) edition... Can't say anything about it yet, but if we do something, we go all the way ;)

wWCMPlH.gif

Hnnnngg can't wait. Preordering that the minute it goes live!

PS - I only have three achievements left in the DE, but I'll be playing the tar outta it over the next week. :) Finished hard mode, just about to start One Life mode. Nice work you did on blocking save scumming on that one. :)

Only achs left are no ability points run, no deaths run, and One Life mode run (which will essentially be the no deaths run too).

Top Bottom