• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

Moaradin

It worked again earlier, but not anymore after I got the first game. Tried deleted cache, incognito, etc. but they all bring up CC info.

If you're not able to get in through your desktop browser, try mobile. I picked up Dead Space 2 by mobile.

All I've done so far is grab games that I own on console and want on PC. Makes me feel slightly better about it all. Massive self-rationalization, I know, but it works!

smurfx

get some go again
lol omg got something else to work. now i got battlefield 2 the complete collection. used my original account. guess this would be the third time using the coupon.

bengraven

Damn, invalid promo code. I got in way too late and only got DA2, which was the only one I really didn't want. lol

Should have got BF2 and 3 right away.

Well, I tried normal and private browsing here, but Origin just doesn't accept my promo code on this linux PC (i tried everything mentioned here sans VPN)
Well, I'll bring my old Windows Laptop with be tomorrow, should the promo still be up by then. I sadly don't have a smartphone.

Doesn't seem to work in Switzerland, sadly (or did anyone manage?)
:(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
anyone have this problem with bulletstorm
Arf5l.png

2MF

I was all excited until I realized that this doesn't work for EU customers :(

Maybe I can create a "US" account?

LegoDad

Question is can I just check out as guest then add keys to my actual Origin account.. Every time I log in, it asks for CC (which means i probably maxed it)

It seems right now new accounts can redeem the code twice if you clear your cache/cookies.
You'll have to make a new account each time you want to get new games.

I, and others have gotten it to work more than twice, so it may be that the limits are being reset every so often, allowing more folks to get in on the action.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Keeps asking for CC across my ipod 3g/pc/incognito not bothering anymore lol.. Got shift 2 and Bulletstorm.. Can't complain lol

Ran rp

Question is can I just check out as guest then add keys to my actual Origin account.. Every time I log in, it asks for CC (which means i probably maxed it)

I don't think you can download a game without making the purchase. Unless origin allows you to download games by activating a serial somewhere in the client.

Edit: The code is still valid. Just tried it.

PSY・S;43159013 said:
I don't think you can download a game without making the purchase. Unless origin allows you to download games by activating a serial somewhere in the client.
If that works, this could be a loop hole for people to add more games to their same account instead of making multiple.

LegoDad

PSY・S;43159013 said:

Edit: The code is still valid. Just tried it.

I meant make a new account, but use the key to add to my other account..

jediyoshi

PSY・S;43159013 said:
Unless origin allows you to download games by activating a serial somewhere in the client.

It does, and they give you the game serial after purchasing it, but seeing as they automatically tie the game to your account you've logged into while purchasing, it's a bit of a moot feature unless you could checkout while not logged into a real account.

Codeblue

I meant make a new account, but use the key to add to my other account..

Can't do that. Once you purchase on one account the keys are active on that account so they can't be used elsewhere.

If Origin had a gifting feature, this thing would have been a disaster on a whole other level.

Ran rp

It does, and they give you the game serial after purchasing it, but seeing as they automatically tie the game to your account you've logged into while purchasing, it's a bit of a moot feature unless you could checkout while not logged into a real account.

Can't do that. Once you purchase on one account the keys are active on that account so they can't be used elsewhere.

If Origin had a gifting feature, this thing would have been a disaster on a whole other level.

Yeah, figured that would be the case.

Sushigod7

Just got Dragon Age Origins to work but tried getting Shank 1 & 2 and it won't now. Will try again later with something else. I'm doing it from Safari on my ipad I don't even have Origin on my PC. LOL Maybe I'll install it now.

KScorp

Not sure what the conditions are for this to work. Here are the directions I followed:

1) Use a new incognito/private window.
2) Add the game you want to get to your cart.
3) Apply the code. If the cost of the game isn't reduced to 0, then the code doesn't work with that game.
4) Click checkout.
5) At the screen where it asks for new account info, LOGIN at the top of the screen.
6) At this point, if you're asked for your CC info, you can't use the code for that game.

When trying to get the Mirror's Edge DLC, it asks for my CC info when I log in. However, for Simcity 4 Deluxe, it did NOT. It might depend on the game, but the main thing is this: just because you can't get one game to work, doesn't mean it won't work for any other games.

Top Bottom