• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

NFreak

Ok so playing with this for the past few hours I've come to these conclusions:

Use this link: http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty

Use this code: OS3874XVC

You can get 3 free games per account.

You must add the game to your cart before logging in.

When you get to the final page after hitting checkout, just log in however.

You need to clear your cache/cookies after each purchase, or use an incognito browser tab like Chrome.

If it doesn't work, you either got your 3 games, or you didn't flush your cookies/cache.

I've tried multiple accounts, multiple login techniques, and I have yet to get a 4th free on a single account, but I have managed to get exactly 3 every time without much effort following those steps.

I got 4 on one account today.

Yes, this was when the code/method was first posted around midnight. The code would work for multiple games all at once.

To clarify, what I posted is true NOW.

This means, if you got in early enough and had multiple games go through at once, you likely can do 2 more transactions, which are now limited to single games.

Read above :p

jediyoshi

rnEMo.jpg

All I've managed to snatch up, spread through about 5ish separate orders

NFreak

4 separate transactions within the last 5 hours? Because I have been playing around quite a bit and I have not been able to replicate this.

It seemed like your theory was true for me because I could only get 3 earlier today but a couple of hours ago I tried using Internet Explorer and I was able to get another game.

Kingbrave

Ok so playing with this for the past few hours I've come to these conclusions:

You need to clear your cache/cookies after each purchase, or use an incognito browser tab like Chrome.

If it doesn't work, you either got your 3 games, or you didn't flush your cookies/cache.

I've tried multiple accounts, multiple login techniques, and I have yet to get a 4th free on a single account, but I have managed to get exactly 3 every time without much effort following those steps.

I got 6 at once late last night/early morning...whatever...

Ok so playing with this for the past few hours I've come to these conclusions: (This is as of NOW)

Late last night around midnight, many people were able to checkout multiple games at once, making the "3 game per account" not true. This has been fixed, as the code only takes the price off a single game when applied to a cart.

I was only able to get 2 a few hours ago. Tried every technique out there.

Teleporter

Managed to get Mirro`s Edge but thats it! Is it possible somehow to get another freebie?
Thx for sharing this with the community!

All the best

2MF

When I add the game to the cart before logging in it always asks for the payment method, so I'm resorting to creating several accounts.

Ran rp

That's because gfwl is such a piece of shit program that that menu doesn't scale with your windows bigger fonts setting. Try putting your display fonts to 100% default if you changed them or try different resolutions. Once you click on next to finish the setup, you can revert back.

This worked but now I'm getting a corruption error.

Got 8 in the last hour and 5 in the last 20 minutes.

Are you using the following method? Many of us have been trying to get more than 3 working and have had little to no success,

Clear cache/cookies. Open incognito window.

Navigate to http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty

Use the search field to find a game.

Add game to cart.

Apply code OS3874XVC.

Checkout button.

Login. (which login method are you using, the provided boxes or the login button at the top?)

Profit.

In Australia here, just went through to checkout using the linked address. The checkout completed, however neither my order history nor when I log in to the Origin client displays the game (Crysis).

Wondering if anyone knows if the games take time to show up?

Are you using the following method? Many of us have been trying to get more than 3 working and have had little to no success,

Add game to cart.

Apply code OS3874XVC.

Checkout button.

Login. (which login method are you using, the provided boxes or the login button at the top?)

Profit.

definitely not working for me after the second game.

so my question is: how is this different than piracy, in ethic terms?

Sorry if this question breaks any rule. But is it just because they're giving the method to do it? (even though some are exploiting it to make it work further

Sorry if this question breaks any rule. But is it just because they're giving the method to do it? (even though some are exploiting it to make it work further

If a vending machine gives you 2 sodas instead of one, it's not a crime if you take both.

Crayons

Banned

It's because of their incompetence.

I see your point, though.

IMACOMPUTA

I was able to get 3 earlier, but when trying another it let's me add the promo but when I login it asks for a payment method. If I put in a payment method will it let me get the game for free? Because if I don't put in the payment method and just go back to my cart, the promo isn't applied anymore and it gives me an error when applied.

Uiki

I'm sure i will not sleep tonight.

Or not.

I'm sure i will not sleep tonight.

Or not.

If you get 20 games like some people, you will surely not sleep (because playing them and stuff takes time :D)

Nah, didn't mean to act as mr.justice. I myself will snag some games with this deal... it was an open question, not a lecture.

It's like reentering the queue for a free promotion item at the supermarket. Not nice to do in public but nobody cares at the internet. And EA is aware of this, I can't believe that they aren't even if they are often blamed with uber-incompetence.

Got Mass Effect. The code wouldn't work on the second item though. Email confirmation came quick. Game is added to my Origin client when I signed in. They limited to 1 item now. Gonna try other games.

Anarkin

Add game to cart.

Apply code OS3874XVC.

Checkout button.

Profit.

Yes this is how I do it but I stay logged on after a new purchase now. You have to wait a couple of minutes sometimes. It didn't work with Shift 2 first, so I got Medal of Honor instead and after that it worked.

Sorry for the late answer.

AlexBasch

If you get 20 games like some people, you will surely not sleep (because playing them and stuff takes time :D)

Nah, didn't mean to act as mr.justice. I myself will snag some games with this deal... it was an open question, not a lecture.
Eh, I took advantage of that Netflix fuckup that gave out unlimited 1 month XBL Gold codes, got enough to get me, my brother and a close friend with almost two years of Live each.

Then I found out people were selling the codes, now that was very shitty.

In this case I only redeemed a Moh, Crysis and B2K.

bakeray

Got Bulletstorm, Burnout, Dead Space 2, and Mirror's Edge in the last 40 mins. All I really want atm, definitely still working just use incognito mode and clear your history/cookies before trying again.

Alice Madness Returns
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Battlefield 2142
Burnout Paradise
Bulletstorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Darkspore
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age II
FIFA Soccer 12
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Airborne
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed Shift (and Shift 2)
The Saboteur
Shank
Shank 2
Spore

Uiki

I'm falling asleep trying to load that damn store >_<

btw, I'm sure EA will not let us keep all this games.

Top Bottom