• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Bayonetta WILL BE available digitally on the eShop when you buy Bayonetta 2

DVCY201

I hope it's on the retail disc. If the next console has BC, it'd be great to bring over my physical collection.

Tizoc

http://instagram.com/p/pKAve_MY_H/#

So, there you have it. You will be able to download Bayo2 and get your free copy of Bayonetta (in glorious 60fps and featuring new costumes) for free.

qTxfT7j.gif

Dat ass.

Hugstable

Banned
AWWW YEEEA

That basically cements my digital purchase then. Whew that was close, been going all digital on my Wii U except the Mario/Luigi U pack in game and was scared when I heard that the Bayonetta 1 may be Physical only. My Hard Drive is ready Platinum! Bring on the Bayo!

dani_dc

Good. If they were any smart they would allow people that preorder the game at e-shop to download Bayonetta 1 in August or September.

I'm inching closer and closer to going all digital. I have this sneaking suspicion that Nintendo's next console (hybrid of whatever it may be) will be backwards compatible with your digital purchases and not physical.

now the shoes on the other foot, seems people who prefer physical copies may be stuck with a digital download of Bayo 1. Sucks if this is the case and means I'll be holding onto my 360 version.
C'mon Ninty, don't fucking cheap out on me.

Skilletor

I'm inching closer and closer to going all digital. I have this sneaking suspicion that Nintendo's next console (hybrid of whatever it may be) will be backwards compatible with your digital purchases.

Nintendo's current system barely allows you to recover digital purchases. lol Until they implement an account system, I don't see this happening.

Profound sadness that it's a digital download. :( I guess I should get an external to use with my Wii U.

LiK

Hopefully the wording is that you can get Bayo1 in eShop regardless but the physical will have it on disc as well.

GRW810

I can't believe they're doing this. They must know that people would have paid good money to download the original Bayonetta as it was from the eShop, so for them to not only offer it for free but put a load of work into improving it is just incredible.

Mupod

Based on Nintendoland and Mario Kart 8 I fucking love getting digital games for free because for some reason they give me credit for the deluxe digital thing in the process. I got MK8 for 40 bucks, free Pikmin 3 and another $6 back on top of that.

Son Of D

Looking on the EU PSN the first game was 7.1GB. So I'll guess this version will be a little bigger due to the extra audio and costumes.

HUELEN10

Just thought of something. If it is a bonus game with purchase, then it isn't sold on the eShop. Wouldn't this mean it's impossible to get Bayo 1 with a retail copy of Bayo 2 if it is used?

I can't believe they're doing this. They must know that people would have paid good money to download the original Bayonetta as it was from the eShop, so for them to not only offer it for free but put a load of work into improving it is just incredible.

Yeah it sounds like the best version of the game. No tearing from the 360 and no drops like the PS3. Very exciting.

Just thought of something. If it is a bonus game with purchase, then it isn't sold on the eShop. Wouldn't this mean it's impossible to get Bayo 1 with a retail copy of Bayo 2 if it is used?

I would say so. They might offer Bayo 1 as a stand alone purchase for people that buy Bayo 2 used but I could see them not doing it just as easily.

Son Of D

Bayonetta 1 may get a separate release. Especially if the Bayonetta 2 bonus is for the first shipment.

icespide

Banned

it's pretty genius and actually leads to more Bayonetta 2 sales. I've had a few friends tell me that they weren't planning on picking it up since they missed the first one, but now that the first is included, they are definitely picking it up

rpmurphy

Nintendo's current system barely allows you to recover digital purchases. lol Until they implement an account system, I don't see this happening.

Profound sadness that it's a digital download. :( I guess I should get an external to use with my Wii U.
What, do you not remember that Wii digital games transferred over to the Wii U, even when the Wii did not have an account system?

HUELEN10

Bayonetta 1 may get a separate release. Especially if the Bayonetta 2 bonus is for the first shipment.

Well damn, I need a boxed copy of Bayonetta 1... I only have 1GB left on my Wii U
Worry not, it will be released near black friday; you can score a cheap HDD then!
When did they say it was only for a limited time?

HYDE

Banned
now the shoes on the other foot, seems people who prefer physical copies may be stuck with a digital download of Bayo 1. Sucks if this is the case and means I'll be holding onto my 360 version.
C'mon Ninty, don't fucking cheap out on me.

How I feel as well...I'd even prefer two discs one with red one with blue. I want the box art fixed to reflect both titles instead of a logo of one.

Storm360

Worry not, it will be released near black friday; you can score a cheap HDD then!

Not an option I'm afraid

Black Friday doesn't happen here for a start, I don't have any room in my actual set up for a HDD lying about, and I don't have any spare outlets to plug it into either.

jmizzal

If the game is done and on the eShop of course they are gonna sell it too, Nintendo wants money lol

Balb

Not an option I'm afraid

Black Friday doesn't happen here for a start, I don't have any room in my actual set up for a HDD lying about, and I don't have any spare outlets to plug it into either.

I apologize for not looking it up before making this post but can't you use SD cards for game storage as well?

Nice. Now all the people who said they are not buying a Wii U because of this can now buy one.

lol those people will just move their goalpost and find another unlikely horse to bet on their Wii U purchase.

Still buying a physical copy though, had it preordered since last year.

Frodo

Not an option I'm afraid

Man, an external HD is like.... super small. And you can use a Y-Usb cable to power it up. I bought a 500GB external HDD long time ago for cheap and I'm using it. It will probably be more than enough for the entire life of the system.

I hope its on-disc too. That 32GB goes pretty quick, and I ain't about peripherals just for storage. Either way, stoked! I never even played the first Bayonetta...

Storm360

I apologize for not looking it up before making this post but can't you use SD cards for game storage as well?

I don't believe so, I think they're only for save data and Wii mode stuff.

I'm not 100%, but I remember looking into it, and I'm pretty sure if it was a option, I would have took it by now.

Not an option I'm afraid

They have very small external drives that cant get power from the USB port I use one for my Wii U right now. Very small foot print but I understand it's not an ideal solution for everyone.

I don't believe so, I think they're only for save data and Wii mode stuff.

I'm not 100%, but I remember looking into it, and I'm pretty sure if it was a option, I would have took it by now.

You are correct the SD card is only for Wii mode stuff. Unfortunate because you can get decent sized SD cards for pretty cheap.

Top Bottom