• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Epic Mickey Concept Art (Large Images)

Sydle

I want them to reboot this game and seriously target the concept art. Go American McGee's Alice on Mickey.

fantomena

I demand a reboot.

I think the failure was that Epic Mickey 2 was made for too many plattforms. The reboot should just be on PS4, Xbone, PC and Wii U. After the reboot has shipped they can tart create another Epic Mickey game for Vita and 3DS.

Lijik

Concept art for bossfights against Oswald:
Mickey_vs._oswald.jpg

epic_mickey__storm_blot_by_hamilton74-d3ewbnz.jpg

epic_mickey__storm_blot_by_hamilton74-d37hkgg.jpg

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
People in this thread are delusional if they think a change of platform or change of artsyle would have resulted in a better game.

This game is the prime example of a bad concept. Not because the idea is unappealing, but because it should have been clear from the start it's impossible to execute.

Soriku

People in this thread are delusional if they think a change of platform or change of artsyle would have resulted in a better game.

This game is the prime example of a bad concept. Not because the idea is unappealing, but because it should have been clear from the start it's impossible to execute.

Impossible to execute how? Because of Disney toning things down? Then OK. But if they had free reign (and maybe a better team) it could've turned out differently.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Impossible to execute how? Because of Disney toning things down? Then OK. But if they had free reign (and maybe a better team) it could've turned out differently.

The design itself was absurdly over-ambitious, to the extent you'd think a room full of teenagers came up with the design document. It set out to achieve multiple goals that would each, on their own, require years of work from a highly talented team to live up to.

apana

How many people actually played the game? The story and concepts never struck me as being overly childish so why is Disney getting blamed so much? Some of the darker concept art was incorporated into the game. Disney didn't come in there and start fucking up the levels.

Top Bottom