• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadboban

May 11, 2013
HA! Said this already in the other thread but teamreal/teamnintendoisdoomed got BTFO! Let's just wait for the reveal, if it turns out to be shit then we can make super hyperbolic statements about the company's future.

morikaze

Banned
May 27, 2013
I said wow. Though the video doesn't explain the process of using the picture from the Unreal 4 demo and overlaying the on screen touch buttons.

Heroman

Banned
Oct 23, 2013
As someone who was undecided but still thought fake. I'm still undecided because what about the second leak that look exactly the same?

Will wait like before for full confirmation before any decision.
He look at the pic and made another one, as you can see it is not that hard.

pizzacat

Banned
Nov 10, 2014
😂

The trees thing is the best thing outta that thread reminds me of people calling doctors for Act 3

Peltz

Apr 26, 2014
I TOLD YOU PEOPLE!

CHECK MY POST HISTORY!

Even though I have no way of disproving that very real looking controller, everything in my gut is telling me.... that thing isn't real.

I KNOW Nintendo, and that ain't Nintendo.

I'm on Team Fake. Can someone edit my avatar?
Boom.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jun 8, 2004
That one image did look pretty terrible, but the new ones revealed some days later would be a true masterwork of fakery if they're also fake.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Okay so what about the second leak, though?

The controller was identical? Another fake?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
May 27, 2009
I thought the weirdest part of it were people getting behind the design.

LegendofLex

Aug 21, 2013
Who did the second one though

Those pictures looked way more convincing
Yeah, I was perfectly convinced this was a fake in the absence of the second set of pictures. Really curious who came up with those.

Still, it was really interesting to have a reason to revisit that patent.

see5harp

May 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
All of my posts were assuming the thing was real. I think more damning were people trying to act like something like that would ever be good at anything for a console or handheld.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sep 12, 2011
UK
What if this is fake but the final product actually looks like it :D

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Jun 11, 2015
Crisis averted

Not believing any leaks from now on (though I had already turned to #TeamFake by the time the video was released). Late April reveal, here we go.

Also, the reason the second leak had a Swedish/Finnish keyboard was simple, it wasn't because it was Massive Entertainment, pretty much the only dev in those two countries who would have one (it wasn't.) It was because it wasn't real. Only a complete moron leaking from there wouldn't hide a very identifying keyboard type.

Status
Not open for further replies.