• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadboban

HA! Said this already in the other thread but teamreal/teamnintendoisdoomed got BTFO! Let's just wait for the reveal, if it turns out to be shit then we can make super hyperbolic statements about the company's future.

morikaze

Banned
I said wow. Though the video doesn't explain the process of using the picture from the Unreal 4 demo and overlaying the on screen touch buttons.

Heroman

Banned
As someone who was undecided but still thought fake. I'm still undecided because what about the second leak that look exactly the same?

Will wait like before for full confirmation before any decision.

He look at the pic and made another one, as you can see it is not that hard.

MilkBeard

Hahahahahha

Holy shit

Epic wall of shame incoming

tumblr_nhvagu2cnq1qm7cjco1_500.gif

Glad I switched to #teamfake after the tweets. I'm glad for Nintendo's sake that it's fake.

Peltz

I TOLD YOU PEOPLE!

CHECK MY POST HISTORY!

Even though I have no way of disproving that very real looking controller, everything in my gut is telling me.... that thing isn't real.

I KNOW Nintendo, and that ain't Nintendo.

I'm on Team Fake. Can someone edit my avatar?
Boom.

Nanashrew

Banned
I knew it! I was team fake from the start because it just followed too closely to a patent about a function and not a design.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That one image did look pretty terrible, but the new ones revealed some days later would be a true masterwork of fakery if they're also fake.

Who did the second one though

Those pictures looked way more convincing

Yeah, I was perfectly convinced this was a fake in the absence of the second set of pictures. Really curious who came up with those.

Still, it was really interesting to have a reason to revisit that patent.

see5harp

All of my posts were assuming the thing was real. I think more damning were people trying to act like something like that would ever be good at anything for a console or handheld.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
What if this is fake but the final product actually looks like it :D

Joqu

Yeah, I was perfectly convinced this was a fake in the absence of the second set of pictures. Really curious who came up with those.

Still, it was really interesting to have a reason to revisit that patent.

Same. It's the second set that made me doubt it being fake

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Crisis averted

tumblr_mesmedOVm11rnxkm4o1_250.gif

Not believing any leaks from now on (though I had already turned to #TeamFake by the time the video was released). Late April reveal, here we go.

Also, the reason the second leak had a Swedish/Finnish keyboard was simple, it wasn't because it was Massive Entertainment, pretty much the only dev in those two countries who would have one (it wasn't.) It was because it wasn't real. Only a complete moron leaking from there wouldn't hide a very identifying keyboard type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom