• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neto

Really? I thought you were #teamhope.

Sorry #TeamFake for I have sinned, that second set of photos got me doubting, they looked more convincing and for a moment my faith on teamfake was diminishing

Anyway on the white model I never believed it to be real, I tought it was a 3D printed model with a light inside since it was suposed to not be photoshoped according to the destructoid tests

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
More people bought that fake than bought a Wii U.

tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1qfqdfr.gif

BowieZ

Banned
When the first one is a fake, one that copies it almost exactly is presumable another fake of the same cloth (as the first faker acknowledges).
While this is most likely true, there is a Dumb and Dumber chance that the fake actually faked something that was remarkably close to the real thing... which emboldened someone who had the REAL device to reveal it (in a more flattering setting with the superior black color).

Of course it's extremely unlikely. But stranger things have happened. It just depends on how close Nintendo would ever stick to a patent design. If they just so happened to stick close to it, then, well, the events make sense and the second images could be real.

(Edit: actually, never mind, the second faker is obviously copycating too much, for example, the re-use of the black tape covering the logo or whatever...)

Would be nice though for the second faker to reveal himself too and explain how he made such an incredible fake.

Sorry #TeamFake for I have sinned, that second set of photos got me doubting, they looked more convincing and for a moment my faith on teamfake was diminishing

Anyway on the white model I never believed it to be real, I tought it was a 3D printed model with a light inside since it was suposed to not be photoshoped according to the destructoid tests

I mean really the biggest loser goes to that scanner program. I bet it was JPEGsnoop.

Nobody use that program ever again.

MoonFrog

Damn, why everybody pretends "Oh I knew it since the begining!"...

Anyway, I personally didn't believe at all at the first leak, the screen was too blurry and the "flash" effect was weird... Just I couldn't believe it was real. But the second one, the black one, I really started to believe in it, it seemed real to me. And now we know that even this 2nd leak was a fake, since everything in the design is similar, even the "black stickers" on it at the bottom.

Idk, maybe some people did know from the beginning.

I myself never knew what to believe because I was viewing everything alternatively through the lens of hope and then that of pessimism. The evidence wasn't so clear either way and I had feelings on the issue so I could never really trust myself when I wanted to say "oh, it's a fake" or when I felt doomed to say "oh, it's real."

I just hope the second "leak" is a hoax too and that whatever Nintendo does do has at least, say, 2 face buttons and preferably 4 as well as a d-pad.

This controller was never going to be a deal breaker for me, but it would have dampened my enthusiasm about NX if it were real.

MarkusRJR

Wow this is the most elaborate fake I have ever seen. Can't even believe the amount of effort that must have been used to make that black controller. Actually really impressive for a single person to do that so quickly after the first fake.

Shit like this is why I can't trust people.

Zaptruder

Banned
That, the controller was a fake is a good thing for Nintendo and their fans.

That controller looked like shit from an ergonomics and usability stand point. A kinda cool but impractical concept taken too far for no fucking reason whatsoever (like an oval? and remove tactile buttons? The Wii U game pad already exists and it just wasn't received that well - and this is a markedly inferior device from every angle except for technological novelty).

Got me good, feaker, got me good. Still I wanna see that touchscreen buttons integration in the NX somehow. Also thank god its fake, there's still a chance we get sticks.

ika

Now Nintendo just needs to announce a Nintendo Direct NX Edition next week and everything will be perfect! :p

Reggie: What's going on at the internet, Bill? *juggles 3 NX dev controllers*

*Bill looks over all the warring over leaks he knows are fraudulent, lives being ruined and homes being ransacked*

Trinen: Nothing that won't blow over in a few days.

MilkBeard

The white image is the one that looks the most fake to me, personally. I mean, it just looks like an image of a game floating inside the 'controller.' Doesn't even look like a screen at all. The black one at least was a competent physical design. I really want that person to step forward and spill the beans like the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom