• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOONAMI

What's even scarier is that his troll may be frighteningly close to the real thing -- it was taken from the prototype submitted to the patent office, in any case.

So I wouldn't say we're out of the woods yet, guys.

Patents often don't become consumer devices. And given the impractical nature of a free form display and the rest of this design, I dobut it will.

What's even scarier is that his troll may be frighteningly close to the real thing -- it was taken from the prototype submitted to the patent office, in any case.

So I wouldn't say we're out of the woods yet, guys.

It's frighteningly close to a concept. No one is doubting that the controller COULD involve Sharp screens and novel mechanics in some way. It's just that copying exactly an example of the concept should've been the first flag.

Which it was for me.

30a.jpeg

It wasn't even a carbon copy. It was misinterpreted.

The handles were missing from the patent.

That part was the most fishy to me.

Well, the patent did mention the possibility of no handles as well. Patent pictures don't need to be an exact match for the product always, unless it's for the outer surface design itself. It also had pentagon joysticks.

Watch Nintendo give us like 1 or 2 buttons besides this and we'll all be singing hallelujah.

Memento

I mean... a controller without buttons? I will admit that I believed because of the huge proportion it took, but deep down I knew it was just too stupid, even for Nintendo.

Striek

So this can confirm that Rosti and ShockingAlberto aren't insiders and cannot be trusted?

In the 10+ years I've been on gaf there has only been a couple of insiders who leak or confirm anything even slightly important. OTOH there are now about 20 or so posters who have a following as insiders who couldn't have contributed less new worthwhile information.

SenkiDala

Damn, why everybody pretends "Oh I knew it since the begining!"...

Anyway, I personally didn't believe at all at the first leak, the screen was too blurry and the "flash" effect was weird... Just I couldn't believe it was real. But the second one, the black one, I really started to believe in it, it seemed real to me. And now we know that even this 2nd leak was a fake, since everything in the design is similar, even the "black stickers" on it at the bottom.

Anth0ny

thank christ

but those game informer tweets are worrying... wouldn't be surprised if the real controller has no buttons

RikkTheGaijin

Capcom Artist
LOL, I knew it! I did the same hoax back in 2011, when I released those "leaked images" of the Wii2 :D
For a 3D artist is so easy to fool people! :D

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc1.jpg

Sheroking

In fairness to #TeamReal (I was #TeamUndecided), the second set of pictures was the most elaborate fake I have ever seen and it all had an aura of reality.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Notice how many people are now not in the losing team compared to how many freaked out at no face buttons and the design when the "leak" was published?

Pyrokai

Ugh.......

So do you guys REALLY think that the real controller still won't have buttons based on what people "heard"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom