• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

And now when the real thing is revealed, some people are going to claim the fake one was better.

And the cycle of life continues.

Idriss2Dev being unconnected to the second set of pictures doesn't mean anything. It's very easy to take the pictures of the white model, do perspective correction, and use that as a basis for a very similar looking model that would maintain the same general appearance. There are also subtle differences that point to someone adding their own flair.

It helps that Idriss had those files up.

latest

Clefargle

Isn't Shockingalberto's insider status questionable or at least inconsistent? I could be wrong but I remember something from a thread last year.....

Joqu

Idriss2Dev being unconnected to the second set of pictures doesn't mean anything. It's very easy to take the pictures of the white model, do perspective correction, and use that as a basis for a very similar looking model that would maintain the same general appearance. There are also subtle differences that point to someone adding their own flair.

Yeah. It'd be something else if the situation was reversed but it's the first guy who has come out saying it's a fake so I see no reason to believe anything concerning the second set.

Just thought it'd be nice to share their clarification because there was some confusion regarding this. Their English can be somewhat poor.

That said I still do want to know what the process was behind the second set. 3D print or not they did a really amazing job creating such a convincing looking replica.

Axass

He never said if it was confirmed to be real or fake though.

Of course, that's why I said "confirmed", but what would be the point of someone confirming him it was a fake and him being so vague about it? If he knew it was a fake, he'd have just said so.

Hence I'm inclined to believe he said it was real.

The only people who should be ashamed are the ones that were actually okay with that abomination of a design. It really proves that some fans will eat up anything.

And that gaf was thirsty as fuck for NX news, that they believed this leak (guilty as charged)

aadiboy

The fact that the leak was a dude from Massive games is true, though, right? I kind of doubt anyone would have the level of foresight to think that Internet detectives would be able to discover his location from the reflection of a tree.

Chao

First "leak" was an obvious fake.

But the second one looked better and these insider geniuses with their "can't tell anything but that's what I've heard" made me doubt. Then some idiot who can't type tried to share some "confidential document" with no formatting and had enough of this.

Controller design still wouldn't make a lot of sense, would be cool if fakers would care to explain how do they think that would work.

The fact that the leak was a dude from Massive games is true, though, right? I kind of doubt anyone would have the level of foresight to think that Internet detectives would be able to discover his location from the reflection of a tree.

No. The fact that a tree is irrelevant mainly because in the same reflection, you see a pattern shaped roof, but the roof of Massive Entertainment is a straight line.

Also no one's actually confirmed it.

The guy behind this reveal has nothing to do with the second set of photos where the tree thing came from

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thank you for this. It feels like a positive confirmation, but the more I reread it, he really doesn't take a stance either way.

You can ready it confirmed BS or real

Here is his whole thread post history:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=13477214

People talk about the NX controller like Nintendo has never leaked controllers before. The gamepad may not have had pictures, but we knew exactly what that thing looked like months before reveal.

He was definitely on #TeamReal.

Ydelnae

How many time passed between the first pic (certified fake) appeared and the second set (black controller) started making the rounds?

So this can confirm that Rosti and ShockingAlberto aren't insiders and cannot be trusted?
Insiders usually have a couple different sources which could themselves be second hand sources (heard from a guy who heard from a guy).
He was right about Paper Mario Color Splash using cards

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Rösti;199160324 said:
Anxiety, insomnia, tremors, mild breathing difficulties and mild chest pains. I'm otherwise quite healthy, so I don't suspect other causes. This may seem like a trivial thing to become sick by, but I feared some ugly consequences for these people considering the first indications I received, and I cannot help feeling empathy with the people at Nintendo that have to deal with these things. Might provide a chuckle or two perhaps, but best would be if efforts, internal and external, could be directed towards something worthwhile.

If that is the case, maybe you should refrain from nourishing an insider persona and not post pseudo-encrypted pseudo-insider messages. It makes it seem like you are just looking to generate the very kind of attention that you are rejecting here as harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom