• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

But Idriss2Dev states that he's the creator of the render and he only share the render with a close friend (nothing about someone ordering it to him, he takes full credit for it) and he concludes that the black controller must be done based on the picture/fake, not the render.

If you watch the part in the video showing the curved bottom, Idriss's version is different from the curvature of the black controller. The black one seems to be more curved toward the sides.

But Idriss2Dev states that he's the creator of the render and he only share the render with a close friend (nothing about someone ordering it to him, he takes full credit for it) and he concludes that the black controller must be done based on the picture/fake, not the render.

I mean, even this could just mean it was the "close friend" who created the black controller.

Regardless, as pointed out, the back is just a very simple curve that's not really too hard to guess might exist if you didn't know the exact shape

Peltz

Rösti;199158520 said:
Unfortunately. Fortunately.

Well, the period between now and April 27/28 will hopefully be frequented by actual facts about this system, stemming from earnings conference calls, patents etc. Likely very little, but at least something better than hoaxes.

No more hexadecimal backwards messages, you.

Dude, be honest, was this your prank?

Leiru

You all forgot about the rayman leak, Anything can be faked.
maxresdefault.jpg

Worth it just for the trees.

Also not sure what about the video is making me crack me up more: the Super Mario World music or my split-second cameo.

vareon

Nintendo brought the best of us again. The road to NX is full of lies and deceit it's amazing.

Congrats to the original "leaker" because that was amazing.

ZOONAMI

His English is really confusing, but the final statement is this:

Who curved the bottom? Idriss2Dev or Perkele?

Why does it matter who made the curve? Whoever modeled it was very clever, as it made it look more legit, and hinted at handle attachments.

What a ride!

I definitely didn't believe it with the first thread, but once the second one showed up I was getting ready to believe... So glad it wasn't real; no buttons without a shell would've been horrendous.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
No more hexadecimal backwards messages, you.

Dude, be honest, was this your prank?
No, it was not my prank. I'm sad to say that my health was negatively impacted by this. Multiple parties have been negatively impacted by this. It would be nice if the leakers could explain what the purpose of this stunt was, I didn't think it was funny anyhow.

Scenario 1 - Patent/fake a canned controller/handheld design

Engineer #1 to Miyamoto: "Told you they would hate it"

Scenario 2 - Patent/fake really do match NX controller/handheld

Miyamoto to Engineer #1: "Oh my god they hate it...now what?"

Scenario 3 - They actually had two final designs - reactions would lead to final decision

Miyamoto to Everyone: "They hate the button-less one. We are switching to Plan B people!!"

Couleurs

What a ride!

I definitely didn't believe it with the first thread, but once the second one showed up I was getting ready to believe... So glad it wasn't real; no buttons without a shell would've been horrendous.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been so relieved to learn that I was fooled

Rösti;199159726 said:
No, it was not my prank. I'm sad to say that my health was negatively impacted by this. Multiple parties have been negatively impacted by this. It would be nice if the leakers could explain what the purpose of this stunt was, I didn't think it was funny anyhow.
You had got anxiety Rosti?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Why does it matter who made the curve? Whoever modeled it was very clever, as it made it look more legit, and hinted at handle attachments.

Because the white controller picture is made before the black controller picture but doesn't show the curved bottom and the video is made after the black controller pictures. So who stole from whom?

Anyhow, maybe is just a coincidence.

Ashodin

Yep I'm off #teamreal you guys on #teamfake got the W.

I'm still curious about the black unit but considering they look so damn similar it's most likely a 3d print.

Still, fun while it lasted!

Joqu

Rösti;199159726 said:

I understand you probably can't go into detail here but I have to admit I'm very confused by these statements, Rösti. This one included.

That said I'm very sorry to hear this has negatively impacted you.

Ad0ve

Banned
Rösti;199159726 said:

for da lulz

Banned
Rösti;199159726 said:
Like I said, hoaxes like this are common for student projects, or attention seeking, getting that 15 minutes of fame. But, if Nintendo had just given a quick "this is not the NX controller" statement or was quicker to reveal the NX, leaks like this wouldn't happen or cause as much damage as this one did.

Joqu

Some clarification by the hoaxer on the other pictures btw:

"Sorry, your English is a bit broken, so I'm having a hard time understanding.
If I understand you, you're saying:
You did give the model to someone, but you don't think they made the black version

You aren't connected with the creators of the black version

You think whoever did make the black version just created their own model based off your fake picture
Is that right?"

That right ;)
Is identical to my model, it's hard ... I do not think we have to share my FILES, so I guess he has to recreate from the first frame.
really sorry for my English, I use a translator ...

so they don't appear to know to person who created those

Axass

Rösti;199159726 said:

Self-promotion after they reveal the fake, just like the Rayman dude.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
You had got anxiety Rosti?
Anxiety, insomnia, tremors, mild breathing difficulties and mild chest pains. I'm otherwise quite healthy, so I don't suspect other causes. This may seem like a trivial thing to become sick by, but I feared some ugly consequences for these people considering the first indications I received, and I cannot help feeling empathy with the people at Nintendo that have to deal with these things. Might provide a chuckle or two perhaps, but best would be if efforts, internal and external, could be directed towards something worthwhile.

Now, to not sound like some depressing documentary, let's look forward to the actual reveal instead. :)

ZOONAMI

Like I said, hoaxes like this are common for student projects, or attention seeking, getting that 15 minutes of fame. But, if Nintendo had just given a quick "this is not the NX controller" statement or was quicker to reveal the NX, leaks like this wouldn't happen or cause as much damage as this one did.

It's free market research.

Orayn

Idriss2Dev being unconnected to the second set of pictures doesn't mean anything. It's very easy to take the pictures of the white model, do perspective correction, and use that as a basis for a very similar looking model that would maintain the same general appearance. There are also subtle differences that point to someone adding their own flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom