• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original version of Sonic Mania to receive physical release

Kazza

Sonic-Mania-750x750.jpg

"SEGA is releasing the original version of Sonic Mania physically to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Listings for all three appeared on GameStop’s website priced at $19.99 for a November 5, 2019 release (UPDATE: some stores are now carrying it). It does not appear that this release will have any bonuses, like an art book or a Mega Drive/Genesis reversible cover. The content from the Plus release is not on disc, though should be available as DLC at an additional price. "

A rather strange decision on Sega's part. I suppose it's cheaper than the Plus version (which is $29.99), but those extra ten dollars seem worth it for the artbook plus the DLC. Be careful which Sonic Mania you buy.

SegaBits

Last edited:

ROMhack

Way ahead of you.

About this product: Building off its momentum and critical acclaim as one of the best platform games of 2017, the nostalgic pixel-perfect visuals and fresh gameplay will deliver a classic experience to gamers across the world! See why Sonic Mania was declared as the "Best Sonic game ever! " by Game spot.

Release date: 17 July 2018.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The awful thing is, I would have been tempted if they had used the box art from the actual original collectors edition release (which I didn't buy because it included everything but an actual working cartridge). I loved the Sonic 1 inspired box art.

Anyway this is just a way for them to get the cost of the game down...they aren't including an art book with the margin on a $20 game.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Way ahead of you.

About this product: Building off its momentum and critical acclaim as one of the best platform games of 2017, the nostalgic pixel-perfect visuals and fresh gameplay will deliver a classic experience to gamers across the world! See why Sonic Mania was declared as the "Best Sonic game ever! " by Game spot.

Release date: 17 July 2018.
Was just about to post that I'm pretty sure I bought this last year.

Does this original version have the original stuff in it (like for example the original boss battle against Metal Sonic, etc.) Because if it does contain that original content, I may bite...I'm not a fan of games getting patched and content gets altered in such a major way that the game itself changes...

Top Bottom