• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to have an OT for H1Z1 Early Access> Comes out the 15 on January. I'd make it myself but I don;t know how to structure or make fancy graphics. If anyone is interested I can link them to all kinds of resources.

sjay1994

DLC needs to have a fair amount of content to justify a whole new thread
Otherwise I don't think it's worth it.

I asked Aeana before making my Mario Kart 8 DLC OT and once she said it was ok, I proceeded.

There is around 5 hours of content in the dead kings dlc according to the press release. I think thats a pretty good amount.

Are we going to have an OT for H1Z1 Early Access> Comes out the 15 on January. I'd make it myself but I don;t know how to structure or make fancy graphics. If anyone is interested I can link them to all kinds of resources.

It doesn't need to have a bunch of banners and images. Just throw in the information a person should know and any other relevant information you want to add.

Neoxon

Periodically, I think he's pretty busy; if it's of any concern you could tweet him I think, but since Cornballer's already aware of your OT I think you should be all set.
I also have Civil War & Doctor Strange reserved, so there's those two.

maxcriden

I also have Civil War & Doctor Strange reserved, so there's those two.

Those are movies, right? If Cornballer knows about those, I bet you're all set. :)

Again, you could always tweet Nemesis if it's a concern but if you've expressed interest in this thread I'm sure it's alright as is.

Levyne

Banned
I feel like as long as you've posted interest and participate in the thread wrt collaborations, it's fine. Less about signing up and getting your name on the list.

Neoxon

It doesn't need to have a bunch of banners and images. Just throw in the information a person should know and any other relevant information you want to add.
This is why I work with Quick. We have a good understanding of what each of us want from a thread & we toss ideas together to make it happen. Plus Quick is pretty handy with visual editing tools. It's why I have the confidence to tackle the threads we're taking on, because Quick & I are like a dynamic duo.

I've been thinking of making an OT for a social game on Facebook (Marvel Avengers Alliance), but I've been kinda torn about it.
What does GAF think?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Alright finished up work on the H1Z1 OT. It can't be posted till the day of release correct?

Its a bit situational for example depending on ones work / life schedules if you PM a mod for permission first and explain why you might need to put it up slightly earlier as long as its reasonable you should get the green-light to do so.

Its a bit situational for example depending on ones work / life schedules if you PM a mod for permission first and explain why you might need to put it up slightly earlier as long as its reasonable you should get the green-light to do so.

nah I'll be there when the time comes. Just wasn't sure how it worked cause it used to be two weeks, then 7 days and I'm not exactly sure what it is now.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
nah I'll be there when the time comes. Just wasn't sure how it worked cause it used to be two weeks, then 7 days and I'm not exactly sure what it is now.

They say same day, but if you ask they should let you do it a day or two in advance. Which is nicer as it allows folks to gather before hand instead of trying to show up on launch day itself.

Have done this for some of my OTs after that latest changes with policy, but made sure to get green lighted first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello guys,

I'm horribly sorry for this - but as some of you may already know, studies and real life stuff is taking all the free time I have... this was something I really couldn't anticipate when I originally reserved the thread. I have GTAV (PC) reserved and I'm going to try, if possible, finding someone who could do it for me instead. If this doesn't work then I'll do the OT anyway, that's perfectly fine :)!

Once again, I'm so sorry. Will update this thread if I find someone.

edit: if anyone wants to grab it, please PM me :)

edit 2: speaking to dreamlock right now - I'm positive he wants the OT! Updating asap.

edit 3: yay! Seems like Deadlock is going to do it now :) waiting for confirmation.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Would it be appropriate to create a "Diversity in Gaming" OT thread here? Would like to make one to discuss topics related to diversity in gaming, both in terms of the creators and the consumers.

TheMoon

Would it be appropriate to create a "Diversity in Gaming" OT thread here? Would like to make one to discuss topics related to diversity in gaming, both in terms of the creators and the consumers.

sounds like a thread for the Community forum, no?

Coconut

Banned
Has anyone called dibs on the Dustforce guys upcoming game SPIRE? If not put me down for that please! I know it has a mid 2015 release window right now.

kubus

New Nintendo 3DS Release Thread by kubus (14th January 2015)

It's coming out on February 13th in Europe and NA so it'll cover both territories. Although the N3DS section will be EU only... :( I'm so sorry for your loss america.

Open to collaborations of course, I want it to be packed with information!

JayEH

New Nintendo 3DS Release Thread by kubus (14th January 2015)

It's coming out on February 13th in Europe and NA so it'll cover both territories. Although the XL section will be EU only... :( I'm so sorry for your loss america.

Open to collaborations of course, I want it to be packed with information!

US is actually only getting the XL not the regular one.

Retro

Just curious what GAF's policy is on event / announcement threads. I notice Yoshichan usually reserves the Blizzcon thread even though that's an event rather than a specific game.

I ask because I'd like to do the thread for the upcoming Guild Wars 2 "Beyond the Point of No Return" event on 1/24. It's a 90 minute presentation on the main stage at PAX South where they'll be announcing something significant, likely an expansion. If so;

Guild Wars 2: Beyond the Point of No Return by Retro (24th January, 2015)

Volotaire

Just curious what GAF's policy is on event / announcement threads. I notice Yoshichan usually reserves the Blizzcon thread even though that's an event rather than a specific game.

I ask because I'd like to do the thread for the upcoming Guild Wars 2 "Beyond the Point of No Return" event on 1/24. It's a 90 minute presentation on the main stage at PAX South where they'll be announcing something significant, likely an expansion. If so;

Guild Wars 2: Beyond the Point of No Return by Retro (24th January, 2015)

You can reserve it, but I don't see any reason too. Since this event is probably going to be relatively unpopular to other events, there won't be any demand to create a thread.

schaft0620

can I have No Man's Sky?

[OT] No Man's Sky by Schaft0620 (January 16th 2015}

EDIT 3/28/16:

I have the No Mans Sky thread, user Trouble was the next one in line behind me. I have been sorta idle on here as I have been traveling the US for work. I just don't think I have the time and energy to create a great OT. I am going to remove my post claiming the OT. I was supposed to collaborate with Trouble, I am going to give him first dibs to claim it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom