• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

It has to have a release window within the year, not just be announced. That's the current procedure.

I didn't know I thought it was always the game just had to be announced.

Shinobi claimed God of War PS4 and that hasn't been "officially" revealed yet.

TheMoon

I didn't know that. I thought it was always the game just had to be announced.

That bit's fairly recent. Should be in the OP.

Ah here it is:

- We are considering asking prohibiting people from claiming threads that are for the distant future and limiting users to games that have actually been locked down for release. We haven't stopped you from doing so yet, but use common sense; there's no need to claim something 4 years in advance.

It's worded openly but this is basically in practice, from my experience here.

JayEH

That bit's fairly recent. Should be in the OP.

Ah here it is:

It's worded openly but this is basically in practice, from my experience here.

Fair enough. Best to wait for a trailer anyway since there's a very small possibility that we've fooled ourselves with this lol.

Dawg

Man whats up with this month thats like 2 no shows for OTs so far.

I think it's because people often volunteer for an OT months, if not a year, before the actual release. At that point, nobody can truly know if they are free once it's time to make the OT.

I've never had this problem before because I always make my OT like one day before it's released. In part because I'm a lazy bastard but also because I love making up OTs on the spot. I tend to create some... ehh... non regular OTs :>

That said, I wanted to do some work on my MGS V OT so I gave away every other OT I had volunteered for. One big OT is enough for a year :p

Hale-XF11

I'd like to claim the Flipnote Studio 3D official thread, assuming nobody else has claimed it. I have it already created and ready to go. Just need to publish it once the app is released.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think it's because people often volunteer for an OT months, if not a year, before the actual release. At that point, nobody can truly know if they are free once it's time to make the OT.

I've never had this problem before because I always make my OT like one day before it's released. In part because I'm a lazy bastard but also because I love making up OTs on the spot. I tend to create some... ehh... non regular OTs :>

That said, I wanted to do some work on my MGS V OT so I gave away every other OT I had volunteered for. One big OT is enough for a year :p

Im generally the same, but was just surprised due to ever since I started with the OTs and whatnot have not seen incidents where others have not done theirs also. Other people who were unable to do theirs for whatever reason also had stopped by to say so here. Which is why found it odd. D:

cj_iwakura

I'll be working on a Yakuza community thread unless anyone objects. Far as me and Irish can tell, Lelouch isn't able to at the moment.

That said, again, graphics collaborators would be awesome.

FluxWaveZ

Are there any official guidelines for when one should make a thread concerning an impending event? I know hype threads are now discouraged; I'm going to make a thread tomorrow about the upcoming Persona news stream that starts at 11:00 PM EST. I'd want to know when I'd be able to make it.

Volcynika

Are there any official guidelines for when one should make a thread concerning an impending event? I know hype threads are now discouraged; I'm going to make a thread tomorrow about the upcoming Persona news stream that starts at 11:00 PM EST. I'd want to know when I'd be able to make it.

Probably good to make it like close to when it starts, like 15-20 min before if you're able? I know mods want to minimize the just "omg hype in x hours/whatever" posts kinda stuff. Unless there is some substantial discussion that can be made that hasn't been made in prior threads.

FluxWaveZ

Probably good to make it like close to when it starts, like 15-20 min before if you're able? I know mods want to minimize the just "omg hype in x hours/whatever" posts kinda stuff. Unless there is some substantial discussion that can be made that hasn't been made in prior threads.

Alright, thanks. 15-20 minutes before the event sounds just fine.

TheMoon

I spoke with earvcunanan via PM and he agreed to hand the Xenoblade X OT over to me since he probably wouldn't be able do it eventually.

I asked him to confirm this here so it doesn't look like I'm stealing anything :D

Thus new entry:

Xenoblade Chronicles X by TheMoon (February 7, 2015)

This goes for an Import OT in time for the JP launch and then the OT for the Western release.

Eggbok

Doesn't look like DICE's Star Wars Battlefront has been claimed yet. I'd love to collaborate on this. Hope I did this right.

Star Wars: Battlefront (reboot) by JDHarbs (7th November 2013) [Collaborators Welcomed]

Launch: Summer 2015 (rumored)

I'd love to help with this if you are still looking for collaborators!
This is the game I came to request hehe.

Edit: Happened to see this trailer again, would love to do the OT!
Rime by Eggbok ([url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151075871&postcount=3033"/]February 7th, 2015[/url])

JDHarbs

I'd love to help with this if you are still looking for collaborators!
This is the game I came to request hehe.
As of right now we've got 3 people on it. I'm not sure how much work we'll have left to spread around, but you're absolutely welcome to give input and help out wherever you can. Its still a long time before release so we've only been tossing around some ideas so far. Feel free to shoot any you've got my way.

FluxWaveZ

- We are considering asking prohibiting people from claiming threads that are for the distant future and limiting users to games that have actually been locked down for release. We haven't stopped you from doing so yet, but use common sense; there's no need to claim something 4 years in advance.

Parakeetman

btw anyone with nemesis on twitter try prodding him for an update since hes not responding to pm lol

Nemesis_

This will be done and updated tonight (it's about 2:20pm here)

Wondering if we should, as a community, start to more strictly enforce this years-out claiming.

The two no-shows so far this month make me think we should.

Neoxon

Wondering if we should, as a community, start to more strictly enforce this years-out claiming.

Jessica Jones is most likely a 2015 Netflix series.

Parakeetman

Id be willing to agree to that

maxcriden

I think that's a good idea. I see no real reason to be able to claim an OT more than one year out.

I don't really care either way. If we don't enforce the years-out claiming, I think we need to at least enforce more penalties on those who don't show for their OT. Maybe we have, but I'm not sure that we have been doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom