• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's protocol here? Dantis claimed the USA OT for P4D already:

Persona 4: Dancing All Night by Dantis (24th November 2013)

Claiming the US OT.

Can I still claim a JPN/Import OT? Or do we manage this differently? If I can, claim it then here goes:

Persona 4: Dancing All Night (JPN) by orthodoxy1095 (9th February 2015)

If I can't someone let me know and I'll edit out this post. I plan on importing, but I could definitely use some collaboration to help me sort through Japanese info on the game.

Ignore the above

JayEH

The thing about the Life is Strange OT is that the claim was made only a few weeks before launch. The Dying Light one was made over a year before it came out though.

kubus

I know Mr. Orange is one.
It's possible something happened, just to play devil's advocate.
It's weird because I sent him a PM asking what the deal was with the Life is Strange OT and never received a reply. Today I checked his profile again because I was seriously getting worried that something may have happened to him, but it seems he's been actively posting again for a couple of days...

Volcynika

It's weird because I sent him a PM asking what the deal was with the Life is Strange OT and never received a reply. Today I checked his profile again because I was seriously getting worried that something may have happened to him, but it seems he's been actively posting again for a couple of days...

Yeah, and that is a bit irksome.

It's possible something happened, just to play devil's advocate.
Yeah, and that's fine. Things happen unexpectedly. Life can hit you with all kinds of nonsense. It is weird though that he's actively posting again and never told us "yo, sorry" or what happened with his OT.
The thing about the Life is Strange OT is that the claim was made only a few weeks before launch. The Dying Light one was made over a year before it came out though.
Was the claim made before a release date was even announced?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
make a list provide evidence and send to a mod. should solve the issue pretty quick as its not like they have to do anything outside of removing said users thread making privs if they see it necessary.

FluxWaveZ

What's protocol here? Dantis claimed the USA OT for P4D already:

Can I still claim a JPN/Import OT? Or do we manage this differently? If I can, claim it then here goes:

If I can't someone let me know and I'll edit out this post. I plan on importing, but I could definitely use some collaboration to help me sort through Japanese info on the game.

Yeah, we should clear this up, because sometimes import games get main "threads" (but not OTs), sometimes no import threads are made at all, and then other times separate import OTs are made from the main ones (and sometimes they transform into the main OT, themselves).

Maybe contact Dantis about it, because he might be importing the game and, if so, he might also consider that his reservation extends to the import OT. If you both collaborated for the import OT, it would probably also make things easier for him when the actual OT was created, if it were to use the same layout/design.

I managed to reserve the P4AU import OT separately from the main one, and that import OT eventually became the main OT because there was no need to create a separate one.

Yeah, we should clear this up, because sometimes import games get main "threads" (but not OTs), sometimes no import threads are made at all, and then other times separate import OTs are made from the main ones (and sometimes they transform into the main OT, themselves).

Maybe contact Dantis about it, because he might be importing the game and, if so, he might also consider that his reservation extends to the import OT. If you both collaborated for the import OT, it would probably also make things easier for him when the actual OT was created, if it were to use the same layout/design.

I managed to reserve the P4AU import OT separately from the main one, and that import OT eventually became the main OT because there was no need to create a separate one.
PM'ed him. I'll see what he says.

Parakeetman

id say as long as the date between import and localized are far enough import OTs are fair game. Its more the opposite is a problem with people trying to claim a localized version that has yet to be announced.

Nachos

id say as long as the date between import and localized are far enough import OTs are fair game.
True, but to add to what Flux is saying, collaboration could create a thread that's better than what either collaborator could've made individually.

Its more the opposite is a problem with people trying to claim a localized version that has yet to be announced.
Yeah, about that...I'm gonna need to rescind my claim for the Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold OT. I'd still love to do it, but I should wait until its localization gets announced. Luckily it seems Atlus has been teasing it, so it might not be far off. It's just that if we're actually going to make the thread guidelines more structured, I should play by the rules.

Dantis

Hey guys, I'd planned to make a P4D import OT myself, if that's okay. I'd absolutely be up for collaboration though, if anybody else wants to.

EDIT: I guess I'll add this for the list?

Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Import OT) by Dantis (10th November 2015)

The game releases on 25th June 2015, and like I say, if anyone wants to collaborate, let me know!

Nemesis_

The thread is updated but this Marvel shit is getting ridiculous, I wish they wouldn't announce things so far out.

I figure between Quick and Neoxon and the other guy (Enigma?) that you guys have it worked out amongst yourselves who will be doing what and it seems to be pretty locked down in terms of dishing them out amongst yourselves.

But as of today if it's not coming out this year it ain't going on the list. It's getting way too ridiculous. Depending on how things go, I might take the other ridiculous things off the list (like Avatar 3 for example) but we'll see how things go.

I left Jessica Jones because I looked into this myself (I don't even know why) and I would be very surprised if that didn't make it this year.

But can we all start being a little bit more sensible about this from now on. How many of you can possibly (and reliably) predict where you'll be in 2018? I'd wager not many (and honestly I'd hope not many).

the thread should be all updated now, btw, as always reply to me if I've missed anything but I don't think I did.

Parakeetman

True, but to add to what Flux is saying, collaboration could create a thread that's better than what either collaborator could've made individually.

If the two titles is generally something like the rare few that have a similar or very close release date then I would agree. Otherwise most of the time its a months or more before a localized title is announced which is why we have import OTs in general.

For the EOU2 Id reckon they would bring it over after the Mysterious Dungeon and am guessing Break Record also needs to come out first.

Annoying too when the no shows don't even apologize for anything.

Agreed esp if said user claimed it hella long ago too.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah alright, I can see why Nemesis might want to enforce stricter rules. 2 years out is kind of reaching.

Nemesis is kinda enforcing the 1-year-out-only rule, now.

The thread is updated but this Marvel shit is getting ridiculous, I wish they wouldn't announce things so far out.

I figure between Quick and Neoxon and the other guy (Enigma?) that you guys have it worked out amongst yourselves who will be doing what and it seems to be pretty locked down in terms of dishing them out amongst yourselves.

But as of today if it's not coming out this year it ain't going on the list. It's getting way too ridiculous. Depending on how things go, I might take the other ridiculous things off the list (like Avatar 3 for example) but we'll see how things go.

I left Jessica Jones because I looked into this myself (I don't even know why) and I would be very surprised if that didn't make it this year.

But can we all start being a little bit more sensible about this from now on. How many of you can possibly (and reliably) predict where you'll be in 2018? I'd wager not many (and honestly I'd hope not many).

the thread should be all updated now, btw, as always reply to me if I've missed anything but I don't think I did.

Ok, sounds good.

3N16MA

Banned
The new system works fine. I think some people over in OT (including myself) have been pushing for a smaller window for awhile.

Hey guys, I have a question that's not exactly related to OTs but is about making a somewhat large topic in the gaming section. I've searched the forums a bit but I'm not sure where or how to ask this, so I thought this thread might be suitable. I apologize if I'm going completely off topic.

I've been making a comprehensive list with a bit of history on the cinematic platformer genre with lots of text and screenshots that in the end turned out to be about 5 posts long. I'm not sure but I don't think I can just spam 5 posts in a row and while I'm doing this someone's bound to post a reply in the meantime. I'm wondering if such a huge and image heavy topic is ok in the gaming section (I've seen such game OTs but this is different) and what would be the easiest and least complicated way of doing this, without bothering one of the mods with it? Thanks!

FluxWaveZ

I've been making a comprehensive list with a bit of history on the cinematic platformer genre with lots of text and screenshots that in the end turned out to be about 5 posts long. I'm not sure but I don't think I can just spam 5 posts in a row and while I'm doing this someone's bound to post a reply in the meantime. I'm wondering if such a huge and image heavy topic is ok in the gaming section (I've seen such game OTs but this is different) and what would be the easiest and least complicated way of doing this, without bothering one of the mods with it? Thanks!

I don't see why a whole lot of screenshots for an initial post wouldn't be allowed, though your topic might be so huge it'll get glossed over by a lot of people, heh.

I think a relatively simple way to go about this would be to post at the bottom of your posts as you're adding them in—three times—in huge red letters, that people shouldn't post until you're done, and then edit that out later.

Doesn't guarantee that people wouldn't post before you're done, but I've seen people do that before and it was effective. It was for less image heavy threads than I presume this one is, though.

Skux

So just to clarify it's one year before release, right? Not the year it comes out? The latter would be weird for games that come out in February.

Also, maybe add a rule about the posting window for OTs, as I can't see any rules about it in the OP or in the linked rules thread.

I don't see why a whole lot of screenshots for an initial post wouldn't be allowed, though your topic might be so huge it'll get glossed over by a lot of people, heh.

I think a relatively simple way to go about this would be to post at the bottom of your posts as you're adding them in—three times—in huge red letters, that people shouldn't post until you're done, and then edit that out later.

Doesn't guarantee that people wouldn't post before you're done, but I've seen people do that before and it was effective. It was for less image heavy threads than I presume this one is, though.

Thank you, that's exactly what I did and it went quite smoothly.

Dawg

New rule is great.

It always bothered me how people started reserving OTs the minute a game was teased.

I'm seeing stuff like Kingdom Hearts III, The Legend of Zelda Wii U and Cyberpunk 2077 in the unconfirmed release date list. Just think about that. Now... you might say "But Zelda is releasing this year and maybe Kingdom Hearts III is next year... maybe?"

Well, these games were reserved 2-3 years ago. That means, when the actual OT will go up, said users will have reserved their game 4 years ago. A lot of stuff changes in four years. Some people might not even browse NeoGAF anymore.

Canis Lupis (who reserved the KH3 OT) isn't even a member anymore. He's a junior now. He also has the Mortal Kombat X OT reserved so I'm not sure how that's gonna work. Unless a friend of him is posting the thread for him?

edit: I just saw Hitman 6 was reserved in 2012. Lolwut.

@Nemesis: I think you should create a black list for no-shows. Don't immediately add them to this list (always hard to tell what has happened) but if posters keep being active on the forum without answering PMs and/or explaining why they didn't make the thread, well, errr... I'd say they should be disallowed to make OT claims until they explain themselves. Regarding MR_ORANGE, it's strange. He's a good guy, doesn't strike me as someone who would just say "fuck it" without an explanation.

Canis Lupis (who reserved the KH3 OT) isn't even a member anymore. He's a junior now. He also has the Mortal Kombat X OT reserved so I'm not sure how that's gonna work. Unless a friend of him is posting the thread for him?

I posted The Last of Us: Remastered for him. Someone will probably step up/ get contacted to post it when the time comes.

Nemesis_

If he's not even a member anymore I'm happy to do Mortal Kombat X.

But yeah I don't want to jump the gun although are you even allowed to post threads on behalf of other members? :/

Parakeetman

But yeah I don't want to jump the gun although are you even allowed to post threads on behalf of other members? :/

Apparently the mods seemed ok with it though the responsibility falls on the head of the one who posted. So folks that post threads for others may want to think about that. As you are putting your own account in the line of fire for someone else.

There have been a couple of instances in the past with other members posting threads for a junior or juniored member.

kubus

It's in your own opening post :p

If you make a thread on someone else's behalf, it's your thread. If there are errors in the thread, you will be held responsible. If the thread is the kind of thread that needs updates and the person doesn't deliver them, you will be held responsible. Don't volunteer to make threads on someone else's behalf unless you are going to be responsible for them later.

Nemesis_

Apparently the mods seemed ok with it though the responsibility falls on the head of the one who posted. So folks that post threads for others may want to think about that. As you are putting your own account in the line of fire for someone else.

There have been a couple of instances in the past with other members posting threads for a junior or juniored member.

It's in your own opening post :p

To be fair my opening post wasn't written by me.

Just seems weird that if somebody can't create a thread there is usually a reason and just getting someone to post it for you seems to be purposefully subverting that :/

Parakeetman

To be fair my opening post wasn't written by me.

Just seems weird that if somebody can't create a thread there is usually a reason and just getting someone to post it for you seems to be purposefully subverting that :/

Yeah wasnt that extra section added in by one of the mods or something? Am guessing Stumpkapow?

Pretty much, thought nothing can really be done about it unfortunately. Short of the mods telling people they have to let others know within the OT that they are posting said OT for member X kinda deal.

People who have been burned by others, just know that in the future to not post for said user also.

Was there any particular recent instances that brought your attention to the matter Nemesis?

3N16MA

Banned
Just to be clear there is a 1 year window for showing interest in doing an OT with a release date and not the current calendar year?

maxcriden

Just to be clear there is a 1 year window for showing interest in doing an OT with a release date and not the current calendar year?

I'd say that would be the only logical conclusion. I doubt OTs for January releases would be off limits to request the preceding December

Neoxon

If you want an MCU thread, we're organizing the OTs in the MCU thread so everything isn't a hot mess when the time comes to reserve.

Neoxon

This is a mix of what was discussed months ago in the MCU thread & what was discussed recently as far as future OT reservations go (obviously not official, just something to make the reservation orderly when the time comes).

- GotG2 - Neoxon & Quick (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Spider-Man - Neoxon & Quick (Approved by Toa TAK via PM)
- Thor: Ragnarök - Droid (decided on months ago in MCU thread)

- Avengers: Infinity War (Both Parts) - Neoxon & Quick (extends to 2019) (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Black Panther: J10 (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Captain Marvel - Toa TAK (decided on here recently)

- Inhumans - ?

maxcriden

This is a mix of what was discussed months ago in the MCU thread & what was discussed recently as far as future OT reservations go (obviously not official, just something to make the reservation orderly when the time comes).

- GotG2 - Neoxon & Quick (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Spider-Man - Neoxon & Quick (Approved by Toa TAK via PM)
- Thor: Ragnarök - Droid (decided on months ago in MCU thread)

- Avengers: Infinity War (Both Parts) - Neoxon & Quick (extends to 2019) (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Black Panther: J10 (decided on months ago in MCU thread)
- Captain Marvel - Toa TAK (decided on here recently)

- Inhumans - ?

No offense intended, but what's the point of a one year out rule if we're just going to have unofficially official OT claims for past that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom