• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There was a lot of info back in the days about how Sony is working closely with AMD on Navi (RDNA1) architecture, so I think it's possible that some time deep into PS5 development RDNA2 showed up, allowing for higher clocks, RT support and what's not, and instead of redesigning the whole console from the ground up they just made quick adjustments that allowed them to benefit from RDNA2 features.
I believe it to.

Someone said a few weeks ago to me Sony did change things in development and Capcom even had to re-do work on a game. I forget which thread that was and who said it.

Considering the first Oberon leaked data was from early 2019, it made sense it would be a fall 2019 launch. What happened is they caught wind of MS final specs and RDNA 2 around the corner, so might as well wait a year, but they adjusted what they had instead of trying to do a mass overhaul.

Last edited:

SmokSmog

dt0WQrJl.jpg

Leyasu

Banned
So he was completely wrong? WOW. I am over at Era and I did not read everything, but some people were acting like Klee was the second coming of Christ and that he could do no wrong. I do remember people over there claiming he said he had the specs sheets for both and that hands down the PS5 was stronger. I mean, I own all consoles and a high end PC so I really don't care, but the amount of people defending him and hanging on every single word he would post was sad.

But thanks for letting me know what happened. Like I mentioned, I knew some stuff that Klee said, but was not 100% on most of his stuff.
I can’t recall one thing that he got right. After the 12tf confirmation from Microsoft, he doubled down on the ps5 is stronger bull shit. He also said that Sony had an event planned for February. When it didn’t happen, first excuse from his followers was “postponement due to COVID” then they changed it to “Sony doesn’t want to upset the marketing of their big games”.
Unbelievable that thread. Unbelievable watching people bend themselves into human pretzels to fit any narrative that seems good.

I've been saying 9.2 for months, and eventually, though it's an obvious upclock, the leaks turned out to be true. They always turn out to be true.

The thing that makes me laugh is that despite having an almost 3 TFLOP, base clock, weaker gpu, a weaker cpu, slower memory bandwidth, an unknown amount of dedicated RAM, and the only plus they have is a hard disk that'll load a game 4 seconds faster, by some magical process, it's somehow the more powerful platform. It's like people forgot how to count. They make Mr X MEDIA seem sane.
Its sad that this is the ONLY thing most people think that the SSD will benefit from in the PS5.
Its more than just loading a game faster. Granted i'm not in a position to break down the tech know how of the PS5 so it's best left to developers or more technical minded folk on here but from what I've read the SSD does more than just load games faster.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Its sad that this is the ONLY thing most people think that the SSD will benefit from in the PS5.
Its more than just loading a game faster. Granted i'm not in a position to break down the tech know how of the PS5 so it's best left to developers or more technical minded folk on here but from what I've read the SSD does more than just load games faster.

I think you may be lost. This isn't one of your 600 PS5 magical SSD threads. It's the Xbox Power King Meme thread.

Last edited:

Hawk269

I can’t recall one thing that he got right. After the 12tf confirmation from Microsoft, he doubled down on the ps5 is stronger bull shit. He also said that Sony had an event planned for February. When it didn’t happen, first excuse from his followers was “postponement due to COVID” then they changed it to “Sony doesn’t want to upset the marketing of their big games”.
Unbelievable that thread. Unbelievable watching people bend themselves into human pretzels to fit any narrative that seems good.

I was somewhat active in that thread over at the other place and i made a comment that perhaps the information Klee was given could be wrong. Not that Klee said they were accurate but that the source was inaccurate with the information. I, of course was attacked because I was saying Klee was wrong or perhaps his information may not be accurate. I continued my stand that the information potentially can be wrong and the all Klee is doing is commenting on what he was told...which in turn that information could have been wrong by the person providing it. But attack upon attack kept coming my way since I was using common sense that "information" unless gained 1st hand could be inaccurate.

I have no ill will towards Klee himself and never have....I was annoyed how he would drop snippets of information and then pull back, basically teasing people with information. That was my only issue. I strongly believed back during that time that his information could potentially be inaccurate.

Leyasu

Banned
I was somewhat active in that thread over at the other place and i made a comment that perhaps the information Klee was given could be wrong. Not that Klee said they were accurate but that the source was inaccurate with the information. I, of course was attacked because I was saying Klee was wrong or perhaps his information may not be accurate. I continued my stand that the information potentially can be wrong and the all Klee is doing is commenting on what he was told...which in turn that information could have been wrong by the person providing it. But attack upon attack kept coming my way since I was using common sense that "information" unless gained 1st hand could be inaccurate.

I have no ill will towards Klee himself and never have....I was annoyed how he would drop snippets of information and then pull back, basically teasing people with information. That was my only issue. I strongly believed back during that time that his information could potentially be inaccurate.
I was sort of active in a few of those threads too.
I wrote a very diplomatic post about why it was prudent to be cautious with insiders. I even gave examples of “insiders” who turned out to be nothing of the sort. No one listened. I also witnessed anyone who dared to disagree with Klee or Matt shit on.
I have nothing against Klee, he enjoyed his internet fame. He didn’t seem to let it go to his head like famous mortimer for example. Or Thuway lol

it’s their fanboys who ruin it for them imo. All the worship makes the skeptics shake their heads and look even more closely at what they write. The worst “insider” over there is Matt imo. Fucking ambiguous one line posts , and loads people think that his word means everything.
His most recent prediction “I am glad that we have moved on from GitHub” didn’t stand the test of time. Yet they still love him

That place certainly has attracted the worst people from many forums.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

GDDR6 is so much faster than the SSD that it'll have zero to no other use except loading games into RAM faster.

Leyasu

Banned
Someone please photoshop the buzz and woody photo.

Cernys head on buzz, and the guardian newspapers future gamer head on woody..

With the phrase "Bottlenecks, bottlenecks everywhere"

Come one photoshoppers, you know this makes sense

Leyasu

Banned
That's nothing compared to the literal insanity of those delusional morons hanging on every line of BS handed to them by 2 of the most obvious fakes, CameFromTheFuture and TommyFisher (both of whom are finally perm'd) only because they said PS5 was 13+TFs (back when TFs mattered)

Now they're are doing the same thing, clinging to ANYTHING from ANYONE that is willing to say something positive about the PS5 or negative about the XsX, including the idiotic thread started by the aforementioned and now banned CameFromTheFuture yesterday.
Tommy Fisher even gained followers at the other place when gave good figures for the PS5

Kdad

This was most of the warriors responding to cboats return post. Plenty of gold there to read 😭

Lol Warrior? I'm about as level headed as they come, just prefer the games on PlayStation. I've never once got into the spec game, never made a guess, don't really care because I have a PC for the odd game that isn't on PlayStation. Even the post you grabbed of mine is making fun of the warriors and bullshitters like CBOAT. No idea how you added me into this.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Lol Warrior? I'm about as level headed as they come, just prefer the games on PlayStation. I've never once got into the spec game, never made a guess, don't really care because I have a PC for the odd game that isn't on PlayStation. Even the post you grabbed of mine is making fun of the warriors and bullshitters like CBOAT. No idea how you added me into this.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sarcasm doesn't translate easily through text. My bad.

Thats where you fall into their game. They try to get a rise out of people to report them. I just report the. Cjy is a pretty easy one, always throwing out personal attacks and insults. No need to get into a keyboard war. They can't have a normal discussion, its just flamebait. Just in his last i think 5 or so posts he called catlady a "pussycat" and someone else dumb or stupid.

And that POS bum still posting, not banned?!

I stopped by that thread once..posted " Ali Baba opens his mouth its suddenly a 2nd coming...enjoy both consoles..etc" probably %99 of blue reported me on the spot.

One of the staff messaged me "continue this, enjoy extended break"...@#$%& are y'all talking about !!?? we can't talk now?! On the goddamn forum.

40yo bishes got their feathers rustled over a console, embarrassin what all this come to, For a bitch ass plastic. Just can't admit it, come to terms and deal with it for entire next gen.

Scary thing is, once again this isn't a meme, it's real life in Sonyland. How many threads do they have now bragging about how many likes they got on Social Media????

I mean who needs the most powerful console when you can get likes on Instagram?

I did chuckle a minute ago when I saw someone accuse the forum of having “Phil Says astroturfing” threads everywhere, when there’s legit at least 6 DualSense (one of which I created, admittedly) and a random as fuck thread about 360 failure rates on the first page

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I did chuckle a minute ago when I saw someone accuse the forum of having “Phil Says astroturfing” threads everywhere, when there’s legit at least 6 DualSense (one of which I created, admittedly) and a random as fuck thread about 360 failure rates on the first page

Extreme fanboys in general are assholes but the supreme lack of self-awareness in the Sony warriors is hilarious.

Edit - do you have a link to the post you're referring to - need another good laugh

Last edited:
Top Bottom