• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Other than FF7R - what RPG would you like to see a remake of?

SantaC

Skies of Arcadia for me. A game that was ahead of its time with a wonderful overworld in the sky and a great cast.

30eboT.gif

tumblr_n7c2ye4Kx61sq67v0o1_r2_400.gif

skies-of-arcadia.original.jpg

Just a distant dream :(

SuperGooey

I think Legend of Legaia for PS1 had a lot of potential with its unique battle system, but it needed a lot of streamlining since it makes battles take about 10 times longer than they should.

And while I don't necessarily want a remake, I'd like another Super Mario RPG in the same style as the SNES classic--a true sequel that's just as weird as the original.

Pallas

Forgotten throwback! Grabbed that when I got my PS2.

This and Kessen were two of my first PS2 games when I got the system when it launched. I remember putting a lot of time into Summoner, never got around to the sequel though but the game was pretty good, but as a launch title it was easily forgettable.

I appreciate the shout-out to Skies of Arcadia but personally would rather see the game re-released on modern platforms just so more people get a chance to play it. I don't think a remake makes much sense right now in that there likely isn't enough demand. Sakura Wars, for instance, is a more popular IP from SEGA and even then they look to have changed the combat in the remake, likely to try to appeal to a wider audience.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed you didn't mention anything about the awesome airship battles! It's such a unique feature of Skies of Arcadia as well as being able to recruit the 22 different crew members and see them populate the interior and exterior of your airship. I also enjoyed flying around the overworld map making discoveries and reading about them.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Skies of Arcadia for me. A game that was ahead of its time with a wonderful overworld in the sky and a great cast.

30eboT.gif

tumblr_n7c2ye4Kx61sq67v0o1_r2_400.gif

skies-of-arcadia.original.jpg

Just a distant dream :(
Thought of this instantly when saw the question

Bardiche

Xenogears is in need of a remake especially with what happened during the second disc.

Honestly, when playing FFVII Remake, I can't help but wonder what a FFVIII Remake would be like. Would love to see characters other than Squall and Rinoa fleshed out.

Sign

FF7R is great, so a remake of VIII would be nice. I would also love to see a Persona 3 remake since there is no definitive edition of that game.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Is that even a question?

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

TexMex

Give me remake to vagrant story

And remaster of the last story. this game needs to be played by more people

Amen. Incredible looking for a PSone game, and history has remembered it very fondly, but I don't think enough people played it and it was really hamstrung by the PSone tech. Would love this to come back in any capacity.

Also agree with the Summoner callout.

Also:

61xT96tR6sL.jpg

Kingdom of Amalur! Same game, same combat system - updated graphics is all it needs!

^ This right here is about all I really care about being re-made. Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen. I'd also like to see a Mass Effect Trilogy re-done as well as Witcher Trilogy completely re-done with next gen graphics also. But I'm happy enough with those the way they are that I dunno if it's necessary to waste the effort when a new game would probably be better. Dragon's Dogma maybe also but probably something new would be good. I really just want a generic fantasy RPG that fits in the polish level of RDR2 with a sick magic system and world to play around in.

Grandia - Please just give me exactly the same game, exactly the same combat system with modern graphics and I'll be happy. Well. Maybe overworld / character movement can be improved a little anyway
Skies of Arcadia - I have fond memories but I don't really remember anything other than it was freakin awesome.

But I'm not sure if I'm really that into remakes... haven't really played any of the new ones so far but I would probably be interested in both of these. Just not sure if that kind of game is my cup of tea anymore though.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

I have been in firm support of FF5... it’s truly a big world for those who have played. Even better if remade, the lore can get fleshed out more.

not only that....but those job system though..job system...

and even in the game, the location in the map scattered with lot of meaning full landmark carefully which is will shines with open world 3d remake....the meteor, tower of walse/pheonix, pyramid with quicksand around it, the sea gate, which is with various transportation it will shines further...ship, airship, chocobo, dragon(imagine if we can fly the dragon from the top of castle like in the opening), airship..certain area only can be accessed depend on job like locating hidden passage with thief skill, exploring town point of interest like piano in town etc and we player will rexplore the world 3 times

Last edited:

Dark Oni

legend of dragoon and shadow hearts series

nothing from square as they will break the game into parts because they're incapable of making the whole game once and even then manage to mess it up in unimaginable ways

Last edited:

Quantum253

NES: Dragon Warrior 1 and 2
Sega CD: Shining Force Lunar: Silver Star (Stolen with system long time ago)
SNES: E.V.O: Search for Eden (not rpg, but you'll grind like one), Ogre Battle, Illusion of Gaia.
Ps2: Persona 4 (I like Golden too).

If they can't remake these games, then I will take at the very least ports and/or remasters:

Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Lunar Silver Star Story complete and Lunar Eternal Blue complete
Xenogears/Xenosaga trilogy
Onimusha 2 and 3
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online episode 1
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
Final Fantasy Tactics (war of the lions version for cinema scenes and redone translation)
Dirge of Cerberous FF7
FInal Fantsy Mystic Quest/FF4/FF5/FF6
Ergheiz: God bless the ring
Brave Fencer Musashi
Granstream Saga
Suikoden 1 and 2
Koudelka
Legend of Legaia
The Legend of the Dragoon
Kingdoms of Amalur: reckoning
Wild Arms
Saga Frontier