• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Other than FF7R - what RPG would you like to see a remake of?

Quantum253

You think anyone will pick Cross Edge?

Io7z7xs.jpg

Roxkis_ii

Lunar: Silver Star Story.
I think it was a super low key game, but I'm interested in seeing it done in 3D, or really good 2d like games made by Vanilla ware (Makers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

Graciaus

No thanks. I have little faith in anyone outside of Atlus.

Instead I would rather have pc ports. The AI up scaling and fan rebalance patches I really enjoy.

MAtgS

I'll be that douche & call Zelda an RPG. OoT remake could be remade in the BotW engine & have like separate parts for the Child & Adult Link halves of the game.

Everyone who doesn't say Super Mario RPG is an irredeemable piece of garbage in my eyes.

Shame on you!
Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi were better.

Quantum253

I'll be that douche & call Zelda an RPG. OoT remake could be remade in the BotW engine & have like separate parts for the Child & Adult Link halves of the game.

Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi were better.
Some people like their cucumbers pickled. Close enough

Bkdk

FF6, FF9
Baldurs gate 2
SMT3
Persona 1 and 2
Xenogears
Elder scrolls morrowind
Parasite eve
Chrono trigger, chrono cross
Breath of fire
Shadow hearts
KOTOR

However I wish all remakes will come with a great pc version with mod support like elder scrolls. This way the developers can make the game close to original as possible, while still allow fans creating content, from new cosmetics to new characters, story paths and alternate endings. This makes the remake far more meaningful to play.

Manji Uzuki

Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragon
Valkyrie Profile
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy VI

Mostly games from the 32 bits era. I think those would benefit a lot of a good remake as lot of devs were still figuring out how to work with 3D

Athreous

The Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross
Valkyrie Profile
Brave Fencer Musashi
Zelda OTT, with the same quality of that Wii U Tech Demo.
RE Code Veronica

Honjo

Banned
Xenogears is the best choice. The original game is a massive cult-hit despite its troubled development. It plays poorly and looks rather ugly. In comparison, the pre-rendered graphics of Final Fantasy VII/VIII & XI have aged quite well, but Xenogears looks hideous. Grandia suffers from the same mongrel-mix of primitive 3D graphics and flat 2D sprites.

Alundra would be my second pick. Now that Zelda has become just another Assassin's Creed clone, somebody needs to step up and take its place.

Last edited:
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
Grandia 2 (the HD remaster isn't all that)
Shining Force III (all 3 episodes in one)
Soma Bringer (if that counts)
An actual good Final Fantasy, like 6

Relativ9

Anything Playstation 1 era, those are the ones that really don't hold up today, the NES and SNES style graphics can still work today, but that blocky/pixly ass early 3D shit needs a refresh. Personally I really love FF8 (mostly cause it was my first FF and the music is incredible).

johntown

Banned
1 .Chrono Cross - why no love from Square for this series I just don't understand.
2. Morrowind - by the time Skywind finishes it will be too dated
3. Super Mario RPG - probably just a dream
4. Parasite Eve - another series that gets no love from Square
5. Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines - I know we are getting a second one but a remake of the first would be amazing.
6. Dragon Age Origins - not by EA or current Biwoware
7. Knights of the Old Republic - not by EA or current Bioware
8. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 combined into a one remake
9. Planescape Torment - another dream

Last edited:

ChrisB

If they can't remake these games, then I will take at the very least ports and/or remasters:

Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Lunar Silver Star Story complete and Lunar Eternal Blue complete
Xenogears/Xenosaga trilogy
Onimusha 2 and 3
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online episode 1
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
Final Fantasy Tactics (war of the lions version for cinema scenes and redone translation)
Dirge of Cerberous FF7
FInal Fantsy Mystic Quest/FF4/FF5/FF6
Ergheiz: God bless the ring
Brave Fencer Musashi
Granstream Saga
Suikoden 1 and 2
Koudelka
Legend of Legaia
The Legend of the Dragoon
Kingdoms of Amalur: reckoning
Wild Arms
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire 2
Alundra

The whole list is fire, add Shadow Hearts to it though.

cireza

Phantasy Star II and Shining Force III

And I mean complete remakes from the ground up with a big budget, that keeps in mind the essentials of what make these games legendary, while propelling them in something of our current times.

Carna

Banned
Breath of fire 1/2
Tales of Symphonia
Phantasy star 2
Shining force 3
Phantasy star universe

If they can't remake these games, then I will take at the very least ports and/or remasters:

Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Lunar Silver Star Story complete and Lunar Eternal Blue complete
Xenogears/Xenosaga trilogy
Onimusha 2 and 3
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online episode 1
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
Final Fantasy Tactics (war of the lions version for cinema scenes and redone translation)
Dirge of Cerberous FF7
FInal Fantsy Mystic Quest/FF4/FF5/FF6
Ergheiz: God bless the ring
Brave Fencer Musashi
Granstream Saga
Suikoden 1 and 2
Koudelka
Legend of Legaia
The Legend of the Dragoon
Kingdoms of Amalur: reckoning
Wild Arms
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire 2
Alundra
We can't have all games remastered. Or can we?

Barnabot

you know... actually none.
and unless you are feeling capable and/or confident enough to do a 1:1 remake with today's graphics standards.

Fbh

I liked FFVIIR but I'd honestly prefer if devs looked at those games, figured out what worked about them and why they are still so beloved, and then made good new games.
I think half the reason I loved FFVIIR despite some issues with the level design and padding is because it's still the first time I've truly enjoyed a FF in like 19 years (Since X).

I'd be all for re-releases though, with some enhanced features or visuals. I don't need a Suikoden 2 remake but I'd be awesome if I could buy it on modern platforms with widescreen support (I think there's a psp version that had it, right?)

Top Bottom