• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast officially announced for PSP and.....

jedimike

Outrun is one of my favorite Xbox games... one of the few games I played that I just HAD to beat. I'll be keep ing my eye on Coast to Coast.

Osorio

I'll pick this up for PS2 though if I can manage to get a PSP soon then PSP it is. Outrun always felt like it would be great on the go.

I loved Outrun 2 so much I would probably pick this up for Xbox and PSP. Hopefully it will atleast be BC with 360 so we can get some AA and scaled up 720p visuals. Outrun 2 is awesome, but it is a bit of a jagfest on my large HDTV.

Osorio

So there wasn't a 360 version announced? If so, they should at least try to make the Xbox version compatible with the 360.

Satter

Banned
Osorio said:
So there wasn't a 360 version announced? If so, they should at least try to make the Xbox version compatible with the 360.

I don't that happening anytime soon. I don't think Outrun 2 will get the BC treatment on the 360. If it does it'll be one of the very last ones. I think it's a great game. But it's not too terribly popular with the mainstream. Well, at least not in the US.

Pimpbaa

This makes much more sense on a portable. A more justifiable (I hope) price for the type of game you are getting, plus it's only fun in short play sessions.

FiRez

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

WHY NOT ON XBOX???????

>_<

neonglow

FiRez said:

WHY NOT ON XBOX???????

>_<

Did you even read the thread?

ourumov

SnowWolf said:
Can the PSP or the PS2 realistically handle it well? I want to see the Milky Way stage in its full glory :(
Pursuit Force proves that the concept can indee work. Pretty similar game on the driving missions.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ourumov said:
Pursuit Force proves that the concept can indee work. Pretty similar game on the driving missions.
Yeah, Outrun 2 didn't seem like something that couldn't be done on PSP with some visual downgrades here and there, and sumo has proven they can handle PSP well with Virtua Tennis. My only concern is whether the game will be able to pull off 60FPS. Ridge Racers on PSP did, but that's about the only racer on it that did. Also, I must say that NFS:MW looks really damn good on PSP, 30FPS and all. The motion blur they pulled off is just great. The game is much better looking than Burnout Legends in fact, which is a shame :p

As for PS2, as long as Sumo can pull it off, one look at Burnout Revenge should assure anyone that there shouldn't be major difficulties with hardware pulling off Outrun 2.

ok, I read it but I didn't know that the xbox version was officially announced, it was just mentioned.
Xbox version was always pretty much a certainty. It was PS2 and PSP versions that were kinda in question, and just rumored. I wouldn't call this listing an official announcement either, btw.

Ranger X

OH MY GOD --- what a day. My favorite arcade racer coming to my good old PS2.

Wow, TOCA 2006 and Outrun2 in February --- the racing month!

Top Bottom