• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outside of Neogaf- where do you get your gaming news?

Gold Member
Only here really.

I’ve never really used gaming sites, went straight from printed press to forums. The adverts on those sites make my eyes bleed, plus I never care what they are saying anyway. I know what I like and will take a punt on a game if it looks interesting to me, some (potentially) paid review isn’t going to change my mind! I feel similarly about YouTubers.

GAF gives me all I need - news about some games coming out (spoiler free mostly), the odd link to a trailer and some industry discussion. Most shit is posted here at some point and it’s a good place for aggregation imo ❤️

Griffon

Nowadays it's mostly youtube, and a few game events like "E3" conferences and such.

I still sometimes browse gematsu, but honestly 90% of their news is boring shit nobody cares about. Times have changed.

Last edited:
News sites usually have their own Facebook pages but most of my news that are really up to date comes from Facebook groups. Like fan pages from Capcom games say a Resident Evil fan group. There’s also platform specific fan pages from Nintendo, Sony and Xbox.
Oh, that makes sense! I use the equivalent of that but I guess on discord instead (there's tons of gaming communities on discord for every specific taste).

Boy bawang

Famiboards has decent Nintendo news if you can get through their hypocrisy which is arguably worse than Era. I don't go there anymore though, so mostly Gaf and reddit.

Draugoth

Gold Member
@IbizaPocholo Draugoth Draugoth @adamsapple and @ManaByte carry this website on their backs when it comes to news.

giphy.gif

Resetera is the site I think news post faster than neogaf. But I just don't fit there. Too weird for me.
Neogaf is only place for me now.

They do post faster, but the website is a cesspoll

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Everywhere I can. Gamerant, IGN, GameSpot, etc. A lot of lesser known sites too. Whatever a Google search can give you. Kotaku is a site I try to ignore and I ignored Waypoint (RIP). Resetera feels odd to me, also reminds me of New Era ball caps. The name doesn’t stick.

avin

I check ResetEra in addition to this site. And it's amusing to see people that think this site is normal whereas those guys are weird. As far as I can tell, both sites are full of people convinced that it's their moral duty to tell everyone else exactly how to spend their money.

avin

_Ex_

Portman

Used to be many sites with a rotation I had a decade or two ago but quality has dropped and so many randomly shill stuff now that it's down to just a few.

Now I'm down to just here, PCGamer site I can somewhat stomach and then various stuff Google Now (whatever the cards on mobile is called) and just searches and e-mails.

I miss the days of sites actually having new information daily alongside podcasts to listen to weekly or so that actually stayed on topic. Magazines prior to and throughout that where they had sections for different genres and hardware was neat especially when they weren't afraid to trash a product compared to now where almost everything feels like paid advertising.

Top Bottom