• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Beta Thread: Cheers Love, The Beta's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Heyoooo.

What are some good D.Va tips? I was slowly learning her before Blizzard ripped her away from me ;_;

Blizzard pls. Release now pls.

Dont play her like a tank. She sucks in that role. Play her like Reaper or Genji. So you're pretty much a support ganker/harasser

Also her guns have a dmg falloff the farther away you are from your target, so dont shoot targets from farther than close range(another reason why you should play her like a ganker)

2 weeks.

2976672-3024700070-yngcs.jpg

Manoko

shes fine

maybe a slight buff needed at most (no movement speed reduction while firing)

You call that a slight buff ?
It would break the character, making her insanely strong.

She's amazingly good at very close range, and the fact that she loses movement speed while firing is the only thing keeping her from always keeping her opponents at close range, where they get destroyed.
No movement speed reduction would make her unstoppable.

Joyful

You call that a slight buff ?
It would break the character, making her insanely strong.

She's amazingly good at very close range, and the fact that she loses movement speed while firing is the only thing keeping her from always keeping her opponents at close range, where they get destroyed.
No movement speed reduction would make her unstoppable.

ok let her fire when she has defense matrix up

nah still op

TheYanger

There are people in the "overwatch has cheaters" thread that are acting like they were constantly running into cheaters. I didn't see anything that remotely looked like cheating to me in the 20+ hours that I spent playing the beta.

Anyone here experience cheaters?

I would be surprised if there becomes a big influx of cheaters in an expensive game like this. $15 CSGO accounts make sense for cheating, but $40? Yikes.

I can almost guarantee that I haven't played against an aimbot in hundreds of hours of closed beta and now open beta. Every time I think something was bullshit I watch the killcam and it's never been anything insane looking. People that actually went as far as to go "WELL GETTING CONSOLE VERSION" are high as a god damn kite. The console versions are ok, it's still a good game, but it's night and day worse still.

NotLiquid

Heyoooo.

What are some good D.Va tips? I was slowly learning her before Blizzard ripped her away from me ;_;

Blizzard pls. Release now pls.

You're going to want to play it smart when it comes to engaging enemies. Disrupt the offensive foes while focusing most of your firepower on the defensive/support ones. Only try killing opponent characters if they're on the squishy side since D.Va does not have a particularly spectacular damage output. Shoot down bullets to keep your team mates safe with your shield. Boost into characters who are a particular nuisance to get them out of the way or to reach them so you can get rid of them. She does really well against characters like Pharah, Widowmaker, Mercy and arguably even Bastion.

Mupod

Best part of playing Mei is spamming the "Sorry sorry sorry" voice line as you freeze someone and line up the headshot.

I actually had a Mei emote spam me as Zarya. I think they didn't know that Zarya can bust out of freezing...well, they know now.

willingly choosing to not play the most fun character?
Gordon-Ramsay.gif

And if you think she's bad, git gud.

I think D.VA is currently a bit underrated. She has a ton of armor and mobility. She isn't a great standalone tank in most match ups, though I think when played right with a team that works in tandem, she can hold that spot solo.

Dunlop

Blizzard were so fucking genius to have a beta of almost the final product so that we could all get addicted to the game just a few weeks before release. This was definitely not a beta to check for bugs and stuff, the game is as good as finished, ultra polished. This little trick had granted them so much exposure it's insane. I'm sure it's going to sell millions and millions of copies. I just hope they don't cheap out on bad DLC content.
That and pretty much killed any momentum for Battleborn.

Anytime I saw a Battleborn ad on TV it was usually followed by a Overwatch ad telling about the free open beta

Kudo

Yelling "Sake!" with Hanzo is best, or "LOL" with D.Va.

Beta was fairly fun, during the end we started encountering more and more cheaters as our level went up, some of them with random names like just smashing the keyboard. Hopefully Blizzard steps it up for retail and starts delivering the ban hammer, it's just so weird to see them Widowmakers snap through walls and get 5 headshots in row, some of them really had no shame.
We won one match though against team with cheater cause he refused to use the auto rifle mode against our Winston who went ham on him.

I ended up liking most of the heroes, during beginning I only played with some select but after trying them out they're all pretty fun to play as.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's the cheapest place. I bought it there as well. Don't forget the 5% discount on their facebook page.

Is the 5% off one time use? I keep getting invalid code. I remember having a link before that generated a new code, does anyone have it to hand?

DedValve

Banned
Dont play her like a tank. She sucks in that role. Play her like Reaper or Genji. So you're pretty much a support ganker/harasser

Also her guns have a dmg falloff the farther away you are from your target, so dont shoot targets from farther than close range(another reason why you should play her like a ganker)

You're going to want to play it smart when it comes to engaging enemies. Disrupt the offensive foes while focusing most of your firepower on the defensive/support ones. Only try killing opponent characters if they're on the squishy side since D.Va does not have a particularly spectacular damage output. Shoot down bullets to keep your team mates safe with your shield. Boost into characters who are a particular nuisance to get them out of the way or to reach them so you can get rid of them. She does really well against characters like Pharah, Widowmaker, Mercy and arguably even Bastion.

Cheers!

I was starting to learn that playing her as an offensive artillery or walking tank wasn't working out well.

Didn't know about the damage being weaker based on distance thing also didn't know about her boost knocking people. I've only ever used it to gain tactical advantage or run away.

Also pardon the ignorance but whats "gank"? Is that another term for hit n run?

Damn I want to take this knowledge and apply now :(((((

Special C

Anytime I saw a Battleborn ad on TV it was usually followed by a Overwatch ad telling about the free open beta

Which is sad, because Battleborn is an excellent game in its own right. It's almost completely different than Overwatch. Game play isn't as polished but is more interesting and has a lot more depth.

I'll be enjoying both. Overwatch will be a great pick up and play and Battleborn for longer sessions.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

Battleborn isn't even in the same league as Overwatch. I literally had the Battleborn beta for a little over 2 hours before it was deleted. Overwatch was like digital crack.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've gotten legendary skins relatively early on in both phases of the beta. Can't wait for retail now where I will never see one drop for as long as I live.

Cheers!

I was starting to learn that playing her as an offensive artillery or walking tank wasn't working out well.

Didn't know about the damage being weaker based on distance thing also didn't know about her boost knocking people. I've only ever used it to gain tactical advantage or run away.

Also pardon the ignorance but whats "gank"? Is that another term for hit n run?

Damn I want to take this knowledge and apply now :(((((

She becomes a walking nightmare for Symmetra :(

Riposte

The only nerf Bastion needs is a significant drop off of damage at very far distances or slightly less effectiveness against tank barriers, depending on who you want to counter him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom