• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Characters Who Should Star in the Next Animated Short?

The Last Bastion was a great short. But we currently don't know who's going to be next to have their own. Let's not-fix that by discussing who should have their own animation.

My vote goes to D.Va.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...Concept.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151112210302

Due to Starcraft's popularity in South Korea, it would be inconceivable for Blizzard to not feature an offical animation of the Korean Starcraft Pro in action. Her livestreaming habits would also make more sense in animation than in a comic and make for some fun scenarios.

Who do you think deserves the next animated short, GAF?

Cyber6x

Neo Member
Kinda wanna see one for Reaper, showing the battle between him and Jack that took out the Overwatch HQ and 'killed' them both. They could do mix of that and a modern fight between them as Reaper and Solider 76 with similar shots and would actually give a bit of narrative.

So, I'm not that familiar with Overwatch but wasn't one reason they were making the game was to be able to make a feature length movie off of it? Are these shorts like proof of concept videos for that?

Apathy

A d.va short wild just be a 5 minute video of her playing StarCraft in a dark room eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew.

I want a junkrat+roadhog short where they can be mischievous scamps.

Lucio x D.Va

tumblr_oe9zr5eXVB1sn4eavo1_1280.png

duckroll

There's no question in my mind that the next short will be an action piece with Dva fighting the giant mech off the coast of Korea. The map that launches along that will be the ruins of the mech floating on the ocean.

wamberz1

Kinda wanna see one for Reaper, showing the battle between him and Jack that took out the Overwatch HQ and 'killed' them both. They could do mix of that and a modern fight between them as Reaper and Solider 76 with similar shots and would actually give a bit of narrative.

This. Needs to be done sooner or later.

KLoWn

Easily D.Va! Best character and the one who's background I really want to see animated the most.

Azoor

Every short so far took place in a map in the game. So, it's highly likely they'll make short to accompany that map.

There are rumors circulating that Korea might get it's own map, so D.va is a very safe bet. Although I'd like to see Mercy myself.

Gorillaz

I'm thinking either Roadhog or Junkrat. Or both.

THey still haven't explained or did anything about the vanilla maps yet and route 66 iirc had some stuff about those 2.

If it's showing off new shit, then yea probably D.va. Can see it getting hilarious and goofy if done right.

I-hate-u

zarya_c__omnic_wars_by_mutterwerks-dabda1j.jpg

Gotta be Zarya. It's about time they shed some light on her backstory and tell us why she has such an animosity for the omnics despite being a "good" character.

pizzacat

Banned
They should show meis origins in hell as a demon who was punished to live on earth disguised as a scientist who wants to save the world

labx

Banned
Mercy... She is the one that has more backstory. She is responsable for A LOT of things regarding the heroes.

Cool to see if she was like a grey moral character doing all this stuff in Reaper, Soldier, her, etc.

Azoor

zarya_c__omnic_wars_by_mutterwerks-dabda1j.jpg

Gotta be Zarya. It's about time they shed some light on her backstory and tell us why she has such an animosity for the omnics despite being a "good" character.

That actually could make for a pretty grim short if you asked me, and I'll love it !

Tabby

Either Reaper or Pharah/Ana.

Reaper because he's one of the founding members and it'll be interesting.

Ana and Pharah because Ana's my main and I need more.

pizzacat

Banned
I want one where mccree is in his old gang killing people and how it's all good now because of overwatch

Or one where roadhog tries to hook the moon but gets Jupiter instead

I adore Overwatch but aside from The Last Bastion I've found the short films to be gorgeous but completely charmless. The Saturday morning cartoon vibe is appreciated, but the writing is far too simplistic for my tastes.

....but the correct answer is Roadhog.

D.Va or McCree.

Reaper's already been in two of them, so I'd rather see someone new, but true enough seeing more of his backstory could be cool.

Top Bottom